Using the Lambeau Blueprint to improve the Ralph

Got_Wood

The reason the packers atrium thing is a YEAR ROUND success is because it is attractive to non-packer fans...largely the same reason that Wrigley and Fenway have such an attraction even to non-cubs and non-sox fans. It's about the history of THE GAME, not one franchise.

Nobody but bills fans is going to give a crap about Ralph Wilson Stadium. Take off your fan goggles, guys. Let's be honest, even amongst Bills fans who's going to drive out to Orchard Park in the off-season to buy Tchotchkes from the team store and look at a fancy atrium and an empty stadium more than once? Maybe people who already live out there? I know I sure wouldn't.

And for the record, every team has the right to celebrate their history, but its a joke to think that every team or most teams should spend hundreds of millions of dollars to build a temple to their mediocrity next to their stadium. Most teams are historically mediocre, by definition. The Bills are one of them.

OK nice work. Oh BTW, You're an idiot.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't bicker about whether or not they should do it, but why make the new additions a copy of the Lambeau additions? That would be lame! At least make it unique.

Isn't that the point, that this is a unique franchise and game experience?

Wouldn't you consider it lame if some other losing franchise copied the Bills stadium, in an attempt to cash in on some kind of historic or nostalgic angle?

Or if say, the San Diego Padres renovated their stadium to approximate Yankee Stadium and promoted it as a San Diego/MLB baseball temple?

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I won't bicker about whether or not they should do it, but why make the new additions a copy of the Lambeau additions? That would be lame! At least make it unique.

Wouldn't you consider it lame if some other losing franchise copied the Bills stadium, in an attempt to cash in on some kind of historic or nostalgic angle?

Or if say, the San Diego Padres renovated their stadium to approximate Yankee Stadium and promoted it as a San Diego/MLB baseball temple?

I didn't actually mean that the Bills should "literally" copy what they did at Lambeau Field. It's more of a blueprint or concept. When someone does something successfully, it makes sense to follow in their footsteps. The Bills can bring their own creativity to the table when designing something like this.

And I do believe spending $100 million plus on a project like this is worthwhile. The Bills are a huge part of the lives of those who live in or have lived in Western New York. We're not talking about Disneyland here. If you have been to the new Lambeau Field and walked through the Atrium, you would realize that it is ALL about the locals. The people enjoy going here because it's a part of the local culture. It's a place to hang out with the fans, and enjoy food and drinks at Curly's Pub. Even in the offseason.

From a business point of view, it's great way to generate extra revenue for your team. You don't just spend that much money and get nothing in return. Let me re-quote something I posted earlier:

"Revenue generated from the Packers Pro Shop, Packers Hall of Fame, Curly's Pub, the Atrium eateries and other restaurants, the stadium club and special events, as well as other Atrium businesses is essential to the Packers' long-term survival. In just the first year, with only the new Pro Shop open and several gate sponsorships sold, the Packers' NFL revenue ranking for the fiscal year 2002-03 jumped to 10th, up from 20th the prior year."

I didn't actually mean that the Bills should "literally" copy what they did at Lambeau Field. It's more of a blueprint or concept. When someone does something successfully, it makes sense to follow in their footsteps. The Bills can bring their own creativity to the table when designing something like this.

And I do believe spending $100 million plus on a project like this is worthwhile. The Bills are a huge part of the lives of those who live in or have lived in Western New York. We're not talking about Disneyland here. If you have been to the new Lambeau Field and walked through the Atrium, you would realize that it is ALL about the locals. The people enjoy going here because it's a part of the local culture. It's a place to hang out with the fans, and enjoy food and drinks at Curly's Pub. Even in the offseason.

From a business point of view, it's great way to generate extra revenue for your team. You don't just spend that much money and get nothing in return. Let me re-quote something I posted earlier:

"Revenue generated from the Packers Pro Shop, Packers Hall of Fame, Curly's Pub, the Atrium eateries and other restaurants, the stadium club and special events, as well as other Atrium businesses is essential to the Packers' long-term survival. In just the first year, with only the new Pro Shop open and several gate sponsorships sold, the Packers' NFL revenue ranking for the fiscal year 2002-03 jumped to 10th, up from 20th the prior year."

again, i am totally on board with the idea, to me, it is a no-brainer. in the event it becomes cost prohibitive to add a facade, or the like, i hope, they sink the money into whatever upgrades are necessary. i know there is a thought process of building a new stadium downtown, but to me, that would take away from the tailgating experience that is unique to the ralph. the satellite lots could not be duplicated , the somewhat rural, college-like environment, just all adds to the mix. i say, just enhance it all.

From a business point of view, it's great way to generate extra revenue for your team. You don't just spend that much money and get nothing in return.

If the Ralph was downtown, then maybe you'd get that extra revenue. It's not. Very few people are going to make the drive to eat or drink or shop at a Bills themed sports bar just because it's connected to the stadium.

Padres built a great stadium just like my beloved Orioles. Bottom line is to win, O's went from 3.0 million to less than 2 million because they have sucked. Upgrade or build a new stadium and it will be a thing to see (Pirates, O's) then nobody will care after a while. Soooo... unless your dedicated to make the play on the field a priority why bother? Look at the Sabres NOW, they could play in the old Aud and pack the place because us fans believe Pegula is in it to win it.

Padres built a great stadium just like my beloved Orioles. Bottom line is to win, O's went from 3.0 million to less than 2 million because they have sucked. Upgrade or build a new stadium and it will be a thing to see (Pirates, O's) then nobody will care after a while. Soooo... unless your dedicated to make the play on the field a priority why bother? Look at the Sabres NOW, they could play in the old Aud and pack the place because us fans believe Pegula is in it to win it.

I don't care if they do it or not, I won't go there for any museum, or nightlife, or restaurant etc., I just want them to win. But it's really weak to spend $100 Mill. to mimic another, more successful, franchise's stadium and market it as a unique, historical site. If you don't understand that, you're lame.

Edited by Matthews' Bag