What NFL game interests you most this week?

Upset Alert: Keep an eye on the Cardinals-Steelers game. Steelers have won a two in a row and look to be getting hot. Even though the Cardinals have been a disappointment, they still have players that can make a difference. Playing in Arizona will be tough, and with the Patriots looming next week, the Steelers could be looking ahead.

Well they looked good vs. Tennessee. I dunno if a 4pt home win over Jax is so hot.

I've noticed Vegas has been down on them - can't remember the last time they were +4 as they were @Houston, and they were only giving 3 at home vs Tenn.

@Arizona seems like one of those games that will have 45% Steeler fans.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that interests me during the bye week is what the weather forecast is going to be for Sunday because that is the only weekend during the fall my wife is going to pry my ass of the coach between 1PM and 7PM to admire the fall foliage. :lol:

Does that mean road trip ?? lol

I usually go to Toronto during the bye week weekend.

I'm skeptical of the raiders with Palmer - we will see. I like him, just not this fast. Maybe in a few weeks.

Cincy and Tennessee I put a notch below Pitt and SD if for nothing else their qb situations

I'm still looking at divisions going to pats, sd, houston and Baltimore with the afc south being a cluster of 8-9 win teams. I think Pitt gets to 10 wins in a wild card, and one other "hot team" getting in- if we sweep the jets, we get it done. I don't think it's likely but that's my barometer for our wildcard chances.

Edited by NoSaint

The only thing that interests me during the bye week is what the weather forecast is going to be for Sunday because that is the only weekend during the fall my wife is going to pry my ass of the coach between 1PM and 7PM to admire the fall foliage. :lol:

Dude that is sooo my wife.. LOL I have some work around the backyard already planned, and I need to get the pool ready for the winter. It's ok though, that's why we have DVR's, and since the wifey will be all tired from working all Sunday, and the 4 kids we have, she'll go to bed nice and early.. Gives me just enought ime to fast forward through 2 or three games.. :)

Tim-

I'll be climbing up on the roof to try and find and repair a leak. Then, I'll clean the house. Then I'll clean the oven. Then i'll mow. Then i'll start drinking some of these half-empty bottles laying around the house until I can't drink any more.

IF I catch a game, it'll be to see if the Jets lose.

I don't find this week's slate to have attractive matchups.

That said, some games become unexpectedly interesting so thank goodness for The Sunday Ticket/Red Zone Channel.

I would say that Atlanta at Detroit is interesting for what Mark Vader said, we get to see how Detroit rebounds from the loss against the Niners. Also it's somewhat interesting to me that it's two dome teams and Detroit has been very loud in the last two weeks against Chicago and San Francisco… it will be a real test for "Matty Ice" and mates. Also the game does have playoff implications in the NFC. Finally, the Falcons have been a bit of a disappointment this year after advancing to the NFC Championship Game last year. They were the young upstarts expected to make improvements (they've regressed) and now they're playing this year's young upstarts in the Lions. Pretty good storyline.

Obviously the AFC match with San Diego at the Jets is of interest although both of those teams bore me. Sanchez has yet to arrive as a QB and when you have a team with erratic or mediocre QB play, it really puts a damper on the watchability… which is why I'm all for protecting the quarterbacks (including our own, of course). San Diego has an excellent QB in Rivers but Norv Turner's teams are ALWAYS disappointing and rarely live up to their billing in big games.

Rex Ryan stirred the pot quite a bit in his conference call with Chargers beat reporters when he said that if the Chargers had hired him instead of Norv Turner, that he thinks that he'd have a "couple of rings" by now… a direct slap in the face to Norv Turner.

Anyways, I don't know if Chargers-Jets will have any artistic merit but even though Rivers is better than Sanchez, I expect the Jets to win because they are the more physical team and also because they're the home team.

That said, some games become unexpectedly interesting so thank goodness for The Sunday Ticket/Red Zone Channel.

I would say that Atlanta at Detroit is interesting for what Mark Vader said, we get to see how Detroit rebounds from the loss against the Niners. Also it's somewhat interesting to me that it's two dome teams and Detroit has been very loud in the last two weeks against Chicago and San Francisco… it will be a real test for "Matty Ice" and mates. Also the game does have playoff implications in the NFC. Finally, the Falcons have been a bit of a disappointment this year after advancing to the NFC Championship Game last year. They were the young upstarts expected to make improvements (they've regressed) and now they're playing this year's young upstarts in the Lions. Pretty good storyline.

Obviously the AFC match with San Diego at the Jets is of interest although both of those teams bore me. Sanchez has yet to arrive as a QB and when you have a team with erratic or mediocre QB play, it really puts a damper on the watchability… which is why I'm all for protecting the quarterbacks (including our own, of course). San Diego has an excellent QB in Rivers but Norv Turner's teams are ALWAYS disappointing and rarely live up to their billing in big games.

Rex Ryan stirred the pot quite a bit in his conference call with Chargers beat reporters when he said that if the Chargers had hired him instead of Norv Turner, that he thinks that he'd have a "couple of rings" by now… a direct slap in the face to Norv Turner.

Anyways, I don't know if Chargers-Jets will have any artistic merit but even though Rivers is better than Sanchez, I expect the Jets to win because they are the more physical team and also because they're the home team.

WOW!!! Rex talks a lot of spit!!!

I believe that is true. I'm not a Norv Turner fan.