CJ Spiller

Freddy doesn't, but I do think that Spiller could use some work. At the very least, Chan can start with a two back set and then run to the spread by putting Spiller in motion as a slot receiver. We're down at WR, so I don't see any reasons why Spiller can't excel at slants, screen and shovels.

Spiller has improved 1000 percent in his patience and reading of the blocking in front of him. If he was starting he would be posting some great numbers. But Fred is just having an unbelievable year, and the touches are limited.

Agreed. If, god forbid, something happens to Fred I would feel comfortable with CJ taking the starting job. I just hope that the duo can find a balance where they both work well together.

Freddy doesn't, but I do think that Spiller could use some work. At the very least, Chan can start with a two back set and then run to the spread by putting Spiller in motion as a slot receiver. We're down at WR, so I don't see any reasons why Spiller can't excel at slants, screen and shovels.

I agree. Spiller would make an excellent slot receiver and with numbers down at WR I would like to see the Bills play Spiller more in the slot.

Agreed. If, god forbid, something happens to Fred I would feel comfortable with CJ taking the starting job. I just hope that the duo can find a balance where they both work well together.

I don't think he has the skill set to be an every down back. He lacks that juke in the hips that great running backs have. If he continues to learn to follow his blockers, given his speed, he could still be a dangerous weapon, but not an all purpose back.

Does Freddy show any indication that he's slowing down?

Not at all but it's only week 6. FJ has never been the primary RB in his career. Add to that the Bills might make a playoff run so there will be extra games. I'm not trying to take the ball away from FJ but I also know that there are no RBs that can take 25 carries a game over a season nowadays. Especially a physical runner like FJ.

Mix in CJ and build his confidence. Otherwise, he wastes away on the bench as FJ slows down toward the end of the season.

If we're ever going to get Spiller touches in the slot, today is the day. It's perfectly set up for it; our WR core is depleted and so is the Giants secondary. Let's use his speed in open space today because we can easily exploit the banged up Giants secondary.

Jackson does a great job of not getting hit head on, this saves a lot of wear and tear. I do think Spiller's natural abilities will be important the 2nd half of the season. Motion him into the slot, force linebackers to try to stay with him.

Gailey can create some outstanding mismatches today against that slow Giants LB and Secondary by moving Spiller around. He's never going to be a run between the tackles guy. Thats fine, but Gailey has to get him the ball in space, and he can do that today against this Giants team.

Screens, draws, bubble screens, wheel routes, anything to get a LB or a Safety one on one with Spiller, and we could see a big play or two from the #9 overall.

Spiller would make an excellent slot receiver...

What has he done to indicate this?

You might think I'm crazy but when Spiller ran around the right end against the Eagles last week, he looked a lot to me like OJ. I think he's gonna be just fine.

:blink:

I'd like to see a 70 or more yard touchdown run today. CJ is the only back capable on this roster.

Priceless :lol:

If we're ever going to get Spiller touches in the slot, today is the day. It's perfectly set up for it; our WR core is depleted and so is the Giants secondary. Let's use his speed in open space today because we can easily exploit the banged up Giants secondary.

See above.