Batten Fine?

The Avenger

i was also certain he would be getting a fine for the hit, but when I said so in the "Shout Box" I was ripped apart, even though if that hit had been on Fitz people would be calling for the head of the defender

to me, a very late hit, and into the head, is the definition of what the league fines for....but alas, i have heard no peep about a fine

maybe buffalo being a small market and not garnering much media attention works in our favor sometimes? hahaha

i was also certain he would be getting a fine for the hit, but when I said so in the "Shout Box" I was ripped apart, even though if that hit had been on Fitz people would be calling for the head of the defender

to me, a very late hit, and into the head, is the definition of what the league fines for....but alas, i have heard no peep about a fine

maybe buffalo being a small market and not garnering much media attention works in our favor sometimes? hahaha

Late is one thing - leading with the head is another - THAT'S what I thought for sure would get him. I don't buy that market size or inexpereince of the player would have any role in deciding whether a fine is levied.

Late is one thing - leading with the head is another - THAT'S what I thought for sure would get him. I don't buy that market size or inexpereince of the player would have any role in deciding whether a fine is levied.

i was deffff. joking about the market size haha

I was just suggesting it's a possibility that any player may receive a verbal warning about bad hits before being fined and we would never know

Edited by JM57

I agree, I didn't think there was anyway that he wasn't going to get fined. The announcers stated it, and I also did in the shout box during the game. It might have been because he is a rookie, but it was a blatant hit and quite the moronic and costly play.

To me, it was a blatant penalty and unbelievably stupid play by Batten. But there should be no fine because it wasn't a hard hit at all. He just kind of tapped him. He surely wasn't trying to injure Vick because he let up before he hit him, which was even more dumb.

Just a terrible play by Batten. I agree the league probably warned him but it was kind of a whimpy hit, like a brainfart. He charged hard, saw that Vick threw, knew he shouldn't hit him, slowed down, and then just hit him anyway because that's what we do.

To me, it was a blatant penalty and unbelievably stupid play by Batten. But there should be no fine because it wasn't a hard hit at all. He just kind of tapped him. He surely wasn't trying to injure Vick because he let up before he hit him, which was even more dumb.

Just a terrible play by Batten. I agree the league probably warned him but it was kind of a whimpy hit, like a brainfart. He charged hard, saw that Vick threw, knew he shouldn't hit him, slowed down, and then just hit him anyway because that's what we do.

It cost 'em seven too.

He deserves the fine IMO....Late hit with his helmet after ducking his head. Exactly what the NFL does not want in the game these days.

It wasn't that bad. Vick didn't even hit the ground. Vick needs to stop complaining about late hits. He shouldn't be in the league as a convicted felon.

It wasn't that bad. Vick didn't even hit the ground. Vick needs to stop complaining about late hits. He shouldn't be in the league as a convicted felon.

Let it go man....Vick paid for his crimes...This is America after all. Your bolded statement is not germane to the topic of the Batten hit and fine.