Romney lands his first major punch on Obama

Ed Henry, a former CNN WH reporter, joins FOX and now he's...the spokesman for Romney? Henry is simply doing the job FOX asked him to do, j

Seems to me that Ed Henry is simply a Pain In The Ass, which is what he's supposed to be as a WH reporter.

But guess who can't handle that that simple concept? That's right, Obama. So what's more likely here? That Ed Henry, P.I.T.A, is now Ed Henry, P.I.T.A. because he now works for Fox and Romney? :lol:

Or, is it that Romney's punch, "If you want strong vote for me, because you know Obama's weak", hurt Obama when it landed?

Why attack the reporter who is simply quoting another politician, something reporters do all the time? If this is "no big deal" then why did Obama choose to make news about it?

And, this is for Juror#8: perhaps the people who advise Obama aren't scared of Romney, but, given this amateurish display from Obama, it looks like he certainly is. The stupid part is: now Romney's quote gets 20x the air it would other wise have gotten...and now it's a 2-3 day story, because you know they are going to follow up with Romney on this.

Did your friends who are familiar with the incumbent campaign devise this strategy? Is this how they prove they aren't scared of Romney? :lol:

Ed Henry, a former CNN WH reporter, joins FOX and now he's...the spokesman for Romney? Henry is simply doing the job FOX asked him to do, j

Seems to me that Ed Henry is simply a Pain In The Ass, which is what he's supposed to be as a WH reporter.

But guess who can't handle that that simple concept? That's right, Obama. So what's more likely here? That Ed Henry, P.I.T.A, is now Ed Henry, P.I.T.A. because he now works for Fox and Romney? :lol:

Or, is it that Romney's punch, "If you want strong vote for me, because you know Obama's weak", hurt Obama when it landed?

Why attack the reporter who is simply quoting another politician, something reporters do all the time? If this is "no big deal" then why did Obama choose to make news about it?

And, this is for Juror#8: perhaps the people who advise Obama aren't scared of Romney, but, given this amateurish display from Obama, it looks like he certainly is. The stupid part is: now Romney's quote gets 20x the air it would other wise have gotten...and now it's a 2-3 day story, because you know they are going to follow up with Romney on this.

Did your friends who are familiar with the incumbent campaign devise this strategy? Is this how they prove they aren't scared of Romney? :lol:

I don't give a **** what Juror says, they are definitely very concerned of a Romney matchup. You'd have to be a complete idiot not to be. They know that Independents have left his side for more than two years now, and they have't been able to bring them back, and that is a major concern for them. They were hoping that they would get a matchup againt Rick Perry, where they knew they would stand a much better shot at winning against in the swing states, where the independents decide who win. Now that Mitt is in the lead, you can see guys like Axelrod "incensed" and "disgusted" that Romney is coming out of these debates unscathed. Just use your common sense, it isn't that difficult to figure out,

Winner of Independents = Our Next President

You think Independents in Ohio or Florida are gonna vote for Obama again, over a candidate like Romney?

I don't give a **** what Juror says, they are definitely very concerned of a Romney matchup. You'd have to be a complete idiot not to be. They know that Independents have left his side for more than two years now, and they have't been able to bring them back, and that is a major concern for them. They were hoping that they would get a matchup againt Rick Perry, where they knew they would stand a much better shot at winning against in the swing states, where the independents decide who win. Now that Mitt is in the lead, you can see guys like Axelrod "incensed" and "disgusted" that Romney is coming out of these debates unscathed. Just use your common sense, it isn't that difficult to figure out,

You think Independents in Ohio or Florida are gonna vote for Obama again, over a candidate like Romney?

Independents are probably wondering, "If this is what Obama does when he has to face a re-election test, what the hell's he going to pull when he's got nothing to lose?"

Actually, in the polls I've seen, Herman Cain is in the lead by a few percentage points nationally. We'll see how long it lasts when he has to live up to it, as there've been several upstarts already in the campaign that have turned out to merely be Whack-a-Moles for Romney. Once the pressure's been on in debates, with the press vetting their records, the rigors of the road, actually forming a campaign infrastructure, and (perhaps most importantly) raising a war chest, their sprints during the marathon petered out. Romney is getting battle-tested and he's playing it absolutely right.

If Juror#8 is correct and the Obama camp isn't afraid of Romney, it's not the first time they've been wrong and it won't be the last.

As for the original thread content... shades of 1980, anyone????

This is somewhat on par with Carter's "crisis of confidence" speech.

Romney taking the tried and true political method of throwing s##t and hoping something sticks and stinks up his opponent.

By praising Romneycare and citing it as a blueprint for Obamacare, Obama on the other hand is trying a different tactic. Obama knows that he stinks like s##t, so he sides up next to his opponent to make him stink too

Magox, I am not at all convinced that independents will vote in big numbers if Romney runs. He's status quo.

They won't vote Obama, I grant you--but will they really flock to another middle-of-the-road guy? Another George Bush?

In Romney vs. Obama, I bet a lot of Independents sit out or vote Other.

Magox, I am not at all convinced that independents will vote in big numbers if Romney runs. He's status quo.

They won't vote Obama, I grant you--but will they really flock to another middle-of-the-road guy? Another George Bush?

I will vote other, but I have the luxury of living in a solid red State. If I had to make a choice in a swing State, I would be so pissed, but I guess Romney.

I believe the "establishment" badge of shame branding matters more to partisans than independents. The economy is so bad right now, and many independents feel let down by this president, that from my perspective they are desperate for someone who could get this economy going. When you contrast the two, you have on one hand an eloquent speaker who has virtually no experience in how the economy works and on the other someone who has a proven track record in the private sector, I'm pretty damn sure you'll see Romney win over many more independent votes than Obama.

My guess is that he'll win the independents by at least 5% and possibly over 10%.

If Juror#8 is correct and the Obama camp isn't afraid of Romney, it's not the first time they've been wrong and it won't be the last.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't be scared of Romney. I'm just saying that they're not. I hear reliably (albeit second hand) that they feel that Republicans won't rally behind Romney; he won't connect with Independents; opp-research is sitting on a considerable amount of content; Romney's ground operation doesn't yet have a national team (and many do as front runners a year out); and their internals show that he comes across as disconnected to average un-committed voters. The word that was used by my brother was "antiseptic."

Again, I'm not saying if their strategy/level of concern is right or wrong. Just communicating a message.

Edited by Juror#8

Independents? Romney needs to win his own base. The Conservatives do not like him. If he can't even convince his own knuckledraggers that he is a true blue real mccoy, he has no chance. And I see pizza dude is ahead of him in many states now. A pizza dude who has never won an election. A pizza dude who is simply the latest "not-Mitt" candidate. Obama might just win real big against Romney if the Conservative base continues to hate him.

Independents? Romney needs to win his own base. The Conservatives do not like him. If he can't even convince his own knuckledraggers that he is a true blue real mccoy, he has no chance. And I see pizza dude is ahead of him in many states now. A pizza dude who has never won an election. A pizza dude who is simply the latest "not-Mitt" candidate. Obama might just win real big against Romney if the Conservative base continues to hate him.

You keep telling yourself that, Scooter. Keep saying over and over, "If Romney wins the nomination, the conservative vote will stay home...the conservative vote will stay home...the conservative vote will stay home..." :lol: :lol:

Edited by LABillzFan

Independents? Romney Obama needs to win his own base. The Conservatives Liberals do not like him. If he can't even convince his own knuckledraggers hippies that he is a true blue real mccoy, he has no chance. Obama Romney might just win real big against Romney Obama if the Conservative Liberal base continues to hate him.

See how that works?

You keep telling yourself that, Scooter. Keep saying over and over, "If Romney wins the nomination, the conservative vote will stay home...the conservative vote will stay home...the conservative vote will stay home..." :lol: :lol:

You forgot to tell him to click his heels together 3 times. :lol: It doesn't work otherwise.