Reggie Wayne

taglientep

People did seem to be complaining before Jones got hurt.. I think everyone was fine with Johnson, Jones, Nelson, Roosevelt and Martin. I dont think we should make trades when Jones is only going to be out for 4-6.

The thing is, this doesn't hurt the receiving corps even when Jones comes back. The Receiving corps is weak right now from injuries and losing Jones makes it weaker. Adding someone like Reggie Wayne only makes it better, even when Jones returns, then you can let Ruvell walk again and the Receivers are even better then they have been. Unless of course you believe that Martin and a 4th make them better then having Wayne for this season

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reggie Wayne for a 4th is a no brainer.

Reggie Wayne for Lee Evans straight up is a no brainer.

It's seriously a no brainer, like even a mouth breathing yokel would would not hesitate.

Anyone questioning this idea either

A.) Does not know who Reggie Wayne is.

B.) Does not have an understanding of the Bills current WR injuries

C.) Overvalues a second 4th round pick

D.) Is Stoopid

E.) All of the Above

Sounds too good to be true to me.

Reggie Wayne is 33 and will still be productive when he is 36.

I will add absolutely nothing to this. I'd be a fool to.

Again, if that's the case, he sticks around for a while AND is productive, I'll take it.

But like I said, at his age, I assume every year is his last, and it's hard to trade away picks for what amounts to a one year player.

I don't think we're going to the Superbowl with or without him, so I say give our younger guys playing time, pick up someone off FA and keep the draft for continued rebuilding.

And again, you've been wrong each time. Wayne is nowhere near being done. While this would never happen, it would be an absolute no-brainer. Dare I say it would be a steal.

I dont think this front office is going to be making any trades.. I think they'll stick with the building through the draft mantra. Who knows, maybe that extra 4th round pick helps us trade up to get a player we really want in the first 2 rounds. I like Wayne and all but 4th round picks are still valuable and we do have talent at WR without him.. Lets not over react to a Jones injury

I'd do the deal if Jones were 110% healthy. 120% even.

How about actually listening to what Schefter said...

He made a list of 4 trades, he THINKS would make sense.

All 4 trade proposals he made, were HIS OPINION of what would make sense if it happened. He said 2 times... "This is factitious and for fun, these are trades that I THINK would make sense"

Reading a complete topic is something that rarely happens around here.

Even in short 1 or 2 page topics you see replies that totally disregard earlier replies. It's weird. I guess people like opinionating.

Have to admit you got me. Although I think it hilarious EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!!

I can't begin to describe how brilliantly well-played this was.

And this is an even better reason to read an entire topic before doing anything else… like clicking on an innocent looking link.

There is no requirement on this site to post a link to everything someone types on their keyboard.

Link?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

The Lloyd contract would be very light on Ralph(less than 1 million) making it a real possibility. But I dont see Denver giving him for a forth, I bet they want a 2nd or 3rd since he is a bit younger(30). And I bet the Tebow nation would freak out saying that as soon as Tebow got the job they trade his best weapon and that would be not giving him a fair chance to be the QB of the future. Denver might be looking to dump any of their players for draft picks. But probably not Champ or Dumerville. I would like Llyod for a 4th or DJ Williams for a sixth or seventh from Denver.

I don't know what is more shocking - the rumor or that people think it's a terrible deal for the Bills. It's like getting a rent-a-#1 WR (or even #2) for a special teamer. It's not even a real debate.

Haha, so true. There's just something about overvaluing 2nd day draft picks that make people feel like a smart/educated football fan; much like blaming all of Lossman's suckage on the OL.

I don't know what is more shocking - the rumor or that people think it's a terrible deal for the Bills. It's like getting a rent-a-#1 WR (or even #2) for a special teamer. It's not even a real debate.

The only long term issue might be that it forces our hand on Johnson - or his.

He's 33, even the Polians would rather have a 4th round pick than keep the vet and give him a new deal.

No thanks!!

Dealing vets for picks makes sense for colts, makes it that much more certain they win the luck bowl this year and provides luck with newly drafted young WRs he can build lasting chemistry with (like Dalton and green in Cinci). Just don't think they part with a pro bowler with some years left like Wayne for a 4th. Polian is too good a card player do let him go that cheaply, only bills would do something like that (i e Evans)

Haha, so true. There's just something about overvaluing 2nd day draft picks that make people feel like a smart/educated football fan; much like blaming all of Lossman's suckage on the OL.

Well, it would be so true if NFL GMs and coaches didn't think the same way. I don't understand it either, but they value draft picks way more than they seem they are worth. And Buddy Nix values them more than almost anyone. To me, there is zero chance he gives up anything higher than a #4... and probably wouldn't do it for a #5.