How was the traffic in/out Eagles/Bills game

Typically, I stay until the end or the kneel downs start, whichever comes 1st.

It's hard to tell what the post game exiting is like yet, because all the games have been abberations. Usually, the game isn't on the line going into the last play, all 3 games went down to the wire. As a result, we have not seen the normal exit around the 2 minute mark, and the subsequent exit between the 2 minute warning & the end of the game.

What this means for me is that when the game ends like the ones this season, I can get to my car & reach the 219 to the Thruway east before the Thruway gets all jammed up going east. This means I can go (at least) the speed limit to the Depew toll booths, getting me out of the Buffalo area in 15-20 minutes. Otherwise, knowing the Thruway will be all jammed up, I end up just going Southwestern/Transit all the way to the Transit Road exit in Depew. With stadium traffic, that's 45 minutes to an hour. Sometimes I just give up & eat dinner on Transit before getting on the Thruway.

For the record, I've driven to 2 of the games & got a ride to other one. This year I've parked on California. The 2 times (Phil & Oak) I've beat most of the traffic to the Thruway. For the NE game, we stayed overnight in Buffalo, stayed a few minutes after the game ended & went on local roads to the driver's house & stayed for dinner, But I have to believe if I was driving back that night & did my usual post game ritual of getting to the car ASAP, the Thruway would have been as uncrowded as it was for the other 2 games.

In hasnt been bad. We have parked on the 3 lots along Southwestern. The only time we were stuck was when we were waiting for the Bills (lot 5?) to open at 9. We usually get there around 8:30.

After the Raiders game we sprinted to the car in lot 5 and got out of there pretty smoothly, (but we really booked).

After the Pats game, we were on the lower lot on Southwestern and it took us like an hour to get out... but we werent late for the Foo Fighters.

We stuck around for maybe an hour after the Eagles game. Abbott was a mess, but really disappated by the time we left.

Are you saving time getting home with the new traffic controls?

We stayed in Tonawanda and had no problems getting in or out. Back at the hotel by about an hour after game time. And thanks to the dude that handed me a cold beer through the open window on the way out of the lot!

Its clear to me that the new parking rules have made things worse. Traffic builds much earlier than it used to going to the game. I get there early - about 9AM or so and it used to be a clear easy ride in. This season we've been stuck in traffic on Southwestern every game. The problem is that with the lots not opening until 9AM, cars line up at the entrances causing a backup on the main roads. There is now also a backup at some of the satellite lots, something which was unheard of previously. The satellite lots are filling up much earlier now that people have figured out the restrictions in the main lots. Bottom line is that for getting to the game the new rules have made things much more painful.

As far a going home, the fact that everyone has basically left at the same time for all three games makes it a little difficult to judge. It has taken me much more time to get home. How much of that is due to new rules and the closing of Abbott is difficult to judge given the fact that few have left early so far.

Coming to the game the traffic backs up in the left lanes on Southwestern due to lines forming for people to get into the lots at 9. This is an annoyance and next game I'll probably avoid the area all together.

Leaving has been slower this year than usual, but I attribute that to no one leaving the games early.

I park in Drive 5 on Southwestern. I haven't noticed too many problems getting in or out. The only thing is that it seems that the police are holding up car traffic much longer and allowing pedestrians to always have right of way. This causes things to move slower because more people are getting to their cars faster.

Are you saving time getting home with the new traffic controls?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I was pissed....had to come in from 219 and it took almost 45 min - hour at 10:00 am to move

about 1/2 mile....had to park behind someones house which had no hammer...and I didn't like it...didn't like it

a bit.

Edited by The Tomcat

Quick question...are you and the other private lots seeing a large increase in # of paying customers?

Southwestern Blvd private parking is packing them in. Some S.W.Blvd lots have raised their prices. Abbott Road near me is hurting big time. I know of one guy who averaged 50 cars a game. First 3 regular season games: 9 first game, 6 second game, 6 third game. Out of a potential 150 cars he has parked 21 cars because of the media reports/press release that said ABBOTT ROAD IS CLOSED (which is false it's only blocked in front of the stadium their still is a 1/3 of a mile stretch of open/usable Abbott road.). Once that got into the mind set of the parkers, it is hard to reverse it. One of my other neighbors said, I feel I'm in a no man's zone. I sent an e-mail to Buffalo News reporter Gene Warner asking about writing an article about the situation. No reply.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I was pissed....had to come in from 219 and it took almost 45 min - hour at 10:00 am to move

about 1/2 mile....had to park behind someones house which had no hammer...and I didn't like it...didn't like it

a bit.

When will you learn.

Edited by Hammered a Lot

Southwestern Blvd private parking is packing them in. Some S.W.Blvd lots have raised their prices. Abbott Road near me is hurting big time. I know of one guy who averaged 50 cars a game. First 3 regular season games: 9 first game, 6 second game, 6 third game. Out of a potential 150 cars he has parked 21 cars because of the media reports/press release that said ABBOTT ROAD IS CLOSED. One of my other neighbors said, I feel I'm in a no man's zone. I sent an e-mail to Buffalo News reporter Gene Warner asking about writing an article about the situation. No reply.

When will you learn.

Looks like you had an unhappy customer Hammer. :oops:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/120503-thank-you-for-all-who-have-parked/page__view__findpost__p__2279686

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/133036-parking-list-for-tbd-tailgate-xii/page__view__findpost__p__2279672

I live in North Boston so I just come 5 minutes down the 219 and I'm to the stadium. I park in lot 1 off of Big tree so I can just head out back towards the 219 when I leave. However I haven't gotten home until 6:00 each of the past 3 games. I stay the whole game always, but I hop right in the car and go after the game. Of course getting in the car to go right away means pulling out of my parking spot and then sitting for 2 hours in traffic. I've noticed that traffic starts to move better on big tree and out of my lot once the visiting team's buses leave the stadium.

Thanks for pointing out these posts. I wished he/her had asked to speak to me directly when they were on the property so that I could have rectify the situation then and there, not on the internet. But, I'm looking in to the matter. I'm waiting for a PM reply from him/her.

Edited by Hammered a Lot

If you hang around till 7 or 8 Traffic is no problem.

Sorry did not get any Stromboli over to you last Game. Got tied up with Mike's big BBQ party. Had I had any left I would have droped it off to your house. See you next Game.

Thanks for pointing out these posts. I wished he/her had asked to speak to me directly when they were on the property so that I could have rectify the situation then and there, not on the internet. But, I'm looking in to the matter. I'm waiting for a PM reply from him/her.

Glad I could help. I see you've made contact, great.

I never met you Hammer though through your posts you seem like a nice guy and I knew you would have liked to straighten this out.

Good Job, Hammerman!! :thumbsup:

Thanks to the great spot Hammer saved for me we were out of the lot and on I90 heading home in no time. I think we got in the car at 5pm and were on the interstate by 545. This seems reasonable to me, but it was only my 2nd time to the Ralph. I do know it would have been twice as long to go the same distance in STL or Nashville. Onca again Hammer Thanks for everything.