Are You Kidding Me??

So we just completed another exciting home win against a team the media had beating us. Go Bills, right? I guess not for some on this forum. I am utterly stunned to see so many posts about how bad our defense is, how being 4-1 is hurting our chance at "Luck" in the draft, how we are really not that good, how we cannot sustain this record with the way we are playing... Are you guys $##@& joking?? Seriously?? Are you that used to losing and complaining about our team that you still need to dig up whatever negative thoughts you can conjur up?

In the last 3 weeks we beat two of the most prolific QB's in the NFL. This team is starting to look like a winning combo - get used to it and be happy about it. OR kindly take your "negative vibes" and your "andrew luck" to some other team. I hear Miami is looking for fans these days.

Edited by Austin_Bills_Fan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we just completed another exciting home win against a team the media had beating us. Go Bills, right? I guess not for some on this forum. I am utterly stunned to see so many posts about how bad our defense is, how being 4-1 is hurting our chance at "Luck" in the draft, how we are really not very that good, how we cannot sustain this record with the way we are playing... Are you guys $##@& joking?? Seriously?? Are you that used to losing and complaining about our team that you still need to dig up whatever negative thoughts you can conjur up?

In the last 3 weeks we beat two of the most prolific QB's in the NFL. This team is starting to look like a winning combo - get used to it and be happy about it. OR kindly take your "negative vibes" and your "andrew luck" to some other team. I hear Miami is looking for fans these days.

It was a good day, my Austin compatriot. The Bills win and then off to the Stars game in Cedar Park and a 7-0 Victory!

So we just completed another exciting home win against a team the media had beating us. Go Bills, right? I guess not for some on this forum. I am utterly stunned to see so many posts about how bad our defense is, how being 4-1 is hurting our chance at "Luck" in the draft, how we are really not that good, how we cannot sustain this record with the way we are playing... Are you guys $##@& joking?? Seriously?? Are you that used to losing and complaining about our team that you still need to dig up whatever negative thoughts you can conjur up?

To be honest...we really are pessimistic enough to expect immanent breakdown. It's been a decade of losing. That doesn't make me any less thrilled, but having that skepticism has made this season SO SWEET.

I saw no fewer than 10 different posters in the shout box and gameday thread declare that the game was over (in philly's favor) while the Bills were LEADING by a touchdown in the 4th quarter.

Don't get me wrong. I'm of the "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" mindset at times too, but if you can't be optimistic with the lead at home, then why are you watching?

where are you reading that?

Don't get me wrong. I'm of the "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" mindset at times too, but if you can't be optimistic with the lead at home, then why are you watching?

Some enjoy being pessimistic and being able to say 'I told you so' more than a Bills win. Yes some 'fans' are really strange. I knew a Bills 'fan' who had 100 season tickets and sold most of them every game to opposing fans so he could have a free ticket. He seemed to not understand that he was helping the opposition.

I saw no fewer than 10 different posters in the shout box and gameday thread declare that the game was over (in philly's favor) while the Bills were LEADING by a touchdown in the 4th quarter.

LOL I had the Shout Box open on my ipad while watching the game and it's really laughable how negative some people can be. I remember I had a guy who sat right behind me on the 50 at the Ralph and for 15 years I never heard one positive comment come out of his mouth (I'm not exaggerating). It's almost as if he was trying to will the team to make mistakes so he could complain. Even his friends would tell him to shut up! I always wondered what daily life in his household was like, and felt badly for anyone who had to live with him. I had this same feeling reading many of the comments in the Shout Box during the game.

I'm certain the vast majority of Bills fans are enjoying the great plays and wins even while experiencing the mistakes and losses, and while they may not be the most vocal on the message boards it's probably because they're out experiencing life with people who actually want to be around them. :-)

Yes there certainly were a good number of whiners in the shout box today. Some of them must have a negative attitude in their daily lives to begin with. Constructive critisizm is certainly fine but being so outrageously negative is just taking it too far. Some people just enjoy stewing in their pessimism. Can't help those folks.

This team is young, meshing and gaining valuable experience. It WILL improve. As with any team there are things to be fixed, and that will come in time. The D should get better as the season progresses. Overall there are way more positives about this team than negatives.

4-1! And it's only year 2. Too many positives to dwell in the negatives.

I see a lot of negative posts about our terrible defense, lucky turnovers, etc. But I think those people are missing a big part of the picture. For substantial stretches of every game this season, the Bills have been flat out dominant - for at least 2 straight quarters in each game. Their weakness has been the inability to play consistently from start to finish. Just imagine, if they played the Pats for 4 quarters the way they played for 2 1/2 quarters. I see no reason to think that as the younger players continue to gain experience they will not learn to be more consistent from start to finish. It seems a natural progression. Even still, with inconsistency at times, they are 4-1. So really, just stop bitching about it.

Pretty simple for me. Bills win = I am happy. Bills lose = I am unhappy. If we ever get back to perennial contender status, I'm sure I'll get spoiled enough to be able to to upset by an ugly win, but we're nowhere near that right now. Go Bills!

indeed. the shoutbox, which i might have to avoid during games from now on, was ridiculous. off hand, i remember mattyshu, deeptoevans, jay ball and dayman as being completely negative and chicken little-like. those aren't exact names, but you probably know who i mean. i really don't get it. why watch the game if you are certain the bills will lose?

anyone who knows football knows that this team is the best we've had since the music city rip. way different from jauron's 4-1. yes, there are flaws. the D needs to tighten up and fitz was not (despite his stat line) very accurate today. but overall, the team is physical, the offense has a plan, gailey is legit coach, and they believe in themselves. i figured out during the NE game that they believe in themselves a hell of a lot more than most fans do. i was like many, when it got to be 21-0, i was thinking that i'd seen this game before. almost went to bed. but this team always has a shot and they are a pleasure to watch.

LOL I had the Shout Box open on my ipad while watching the game and it's really laughable how negative some people can be. I remember I had a guy who sat right behind me on the 50 at the Ralph and for 15 years I never heard one positive comment come out of his mouth (I'm not exaggerating). It's almost as if he was trying to will the team to make mistakes so he could complain. Even his friends would tell him to shut up! I always wondered what daily life in his household was like, and felt badly for anyone who had to live with him. I had this same feeling reading many of the comments in the Shout Box during the game.

I'm certain the vast majority of Bills fans are enjoying the great plays and wins even while experiencing the mistakes and losses, and while they may not be the most vocal on the message boards it's probably because they're out experiencing life with people who actually want to be around them. :-)

Nice.

You obviously are a rookie and do not know that controversy leads to higher ratings (in this case more site hits). Now we know SDS is a shrewd businessman. It's no secret that he has 40-50 aliases in which he starts pessimistic threads so it pisses off guys like you, thus forcing you to continously check this site. Like I said, it's all ball bearings these days!

3rd generation bills fan hereand i would like to ask you something.what were you saying when we were getting gashed by vick and co??? probably the same thing we all were saying,"oh great here we go again". until the last interception i was losing faith.after a decade of suspect play calling its a hard habit to break.don't get me wrong, i love the BILLS,bleed blue and red just like the biggest diehard fan but the "D" is an issue. :thumbsup::worthy::thumbsup::worthy:

A_B_F; I feel your frustration, and we would wonder what is "wrong" w/ some of these people? But I've learned a few things about sports fans. There's always those that are mostly going to be pessamistic about SOMETHING concerning their team. Back in the early 90's with those Bills teams, I heard other Bills fans comlpaining about things they felt the Bills "should'a" or "could'a" done better in the game. Unbelievable. So its just not Bills fans, its fans of all teams, baseball, hockey, whatever. You name it.

There are a lot of people on this forum that WANT the Bills to fail. That is nothing new.

Sadly true.

My mom passed away in August of 2008. Some of my fondest memories are of watching the Bills in the Kelly era with my mom running in an out of the kitchen during commercials and yelling at every guy who ever sacked Kelly, "You leave my Jimmy alone you sonofabitch!" Whenever the game got down to the wire, we all had our spots in the family room where we exercised our nerves waiting to see how they would pull off a win. Mine was on the edge of the couch with a massive Bills floor pillow in my lap to smother my little-girl-screams when needed. My mom's was on the step leading into the kitchen where she sat , spatula in hand, with her eyes closed chanting "oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, just this one tiiiiiiime".

I know most of you all have the same memories, just different faces and different furniture. This past Sunday, this team gave my family a repeat of that same shared drama and joy. And I know somewhere, somehow, just before Barnett's pick, my mom was chanting "oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, just this one tiiiiime". I wouldn't be surprised if that guy jumped offsides because he got hit in the ass with a spatula by 5'2" of Sicilian fire. Thanks mom, and thanks to the Bills for giving us all some new memories to cherish.

Edited by Mickey

3rd generation bills fan hereand i would like to ask you something.what were you saying when we were getting gashed by vick and co??? probably the same thing we all were saying,"oh great here we go again". until the last interception i was losing faith.after a decade of suspect play calling its a hard habit to break.don't get me wrong, i love the BILLS,bleed blue and red just like the biggest diehard fan but the "D" is an issue. :thumbsup::worthy::thumbsup::worthy:

Yup the D and their 11 turnovers is a HUUUUGE issue........shut up........every dummy on here is complaining about our defense which keeps makin plays........give it a rest shmucks

Sadly true.

My mom passed away in August of 2008. Some of my fondest memories are of watching the Bills in the Kelly era with my mom running in an out of the kitchen during commercials and yelling at every guy who ever sacked Kelly, "You leave my Jimmy alone you sonofabitch!" Whenever the game got down to the wire, we all had our spots in the family room where we exercised our nerves waiting to see how they would pull off a win. Mine was on the edge of the couch with a massive Bills floor pillow in my lap to smother my little-girl-screams when needed. My mom's was on the step leading into the kitchen where she sat , spatula in hand, with her eyes closed chanting "oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, just this one tiiiiiiime".

I know most of you all have the same memories, just different faces and different furniture. This past Sunday, this team gave my family a repeat of that same shared drama and joy. And I know somewhere, somehow, just before Barnett's pick, my mom was chanting "oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, just this one tiiiiime". I wouldn't be surprised if that guy jumped offsides because he got hit in the ass with a spatula by 5'2" of Sicilian fire. Thanks mom, and thanks to the Bills for giving us all some new memories to cherish.

I nominate this for post of the year. Thanks for sharing that.

Yup the D and their 11 turnovers is a HUUUUGE issue........shut up........every dummy on here is complaining about our defense which keeps makin plays........give it a rest shmucks

You clearly don't understand. When you give up yardage, it's a systemic failure. When you take the ball away, it's just something that randomly happened.