Well, I'm caving and getting Toronto tickets

I live in Toronto and hate that the Bills play regular season here - horrible atmosphere and truly ludicrous prices. But this is gonna be a meaningful game, and I can't miss a meaningful Bills game taking place 10 minutes from my apartment!

I'll try to bring some third down noise. (I won't be successful, but I'll try.)

Given the Bills strong start this season, the game in Toronto will be a very important game this season. Home field advantage is very important in the NFL.

I wonder if any Bills fans from WNY will make the trek north to cheer the Bills on October 30.

The fans in Toronto are not as knowlegeble about the NFL as those who go to games in Orchard Park.

I am still debating whether to attend the game. I have gone to the games in the past but the atmosphere has been less than exciting.

Given the Bills strong start this season, the game in Toronto will be a very important game this season. Home field advantage is very important in the NFL.

I wonder if any Bills fans from WNY will make the trek north to cheer the Bills on October 30.

The fans in Toronto are not as knowlegeble about the NFL as those who go to games in Orchard Park.

I am still debating whether to attend the game. I have gone to the games in the past but the atmosphere has been less than exciting.

Fans in Toronto are just as knowledgeable. (correct spelling) Thank You!

Go Bills!!

Love me some Freddy J!!

Very few fans from Buffalo will pay the premium ticket price to watch a game up there. Plus the game day experience is way better at the Ralph.

Just got back from a week in Toronto on business. Great city, wow. Sure has changed from 80's. The game day experience would have to involve the bars, but their are many excellent ones right around the stadium.. I should know, I went to all of them. It is more expensive than drinking out of a sixpack from your trunk, but these places are way better than most. Can't imagine they charge top prices at 11 in themorning. I would go to a game there.

If you're thinking about going, consider Sightlines Restaurant in Rogers Centre. I did that a couple years ago when we played the Jets. You're still in the open, not behind glass windows, watching the game, the buffet and non-alcoholic drinks included in the price, beer/wine/etc is extra. And what I liked is you can make your reservation now, but you don't pay till the day of the game. Cost when I went was $250CAN/person. This is a picture from my seat....

post-9-046090400 1318245375_thumb.jpg

Fans in Toronto are just as knowledgeable. (correct spelling) Thank You!

Go Bills!!

Love me some Freddy J!!

Fans in Toronto? Just as knowledgeable? Please. Our game against Miami up there was practically a road game. That place is a morgue. Now that the Bills are playing well amd winning so I guess they are easier to love.

I look at this game and it hurts to see us playing a very good team like Washington on a nuetral site. The Ralph is once again becoming a scary place for visitors and I hate to see us wasting a home game.

With the Bills winning the Toronto game will be rocking. Those fans aren't used to cheering for winning teams. Think about it, they have it worse than us. 5 major teams, all overpriced and mostly mediocre.

Why are the Toronto tickets so expensive?

For starters Rogers has to pay the Bills almost $10M a game. Even preseason. Then the stadium is only 50k capacity. Third Toronto is used to bending over for mediocre Leafs games.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If you're thinking about going, consider Sightlines Restaurant in Rogers Centre. I did that a couple years ago when we played the Jets. You're still in the open, not behind glass windows, watching the game, the buffet and non-alcoholic drinks included in the price, beer/wine/etc is extra. And what I liked is you can make your reservation now, but you don't pay till the day of the game. Cost when I went was $250CAN/person. This is a picture from my seat....

That sounds expensive but considering how much a ticket alone costs its probably not a bad deal.

Why are the Toronto tickets so expensive?

1) Toronto is highly populated.

2) Alot of people in Toronto are wealthy.

3) Only one NFL game per year. Might at well charge a premium.

Toronto is a gorgeous city, but the football atmosphere is terrible. I live close to Toronto, and I know alot more Pats/Steelers/etc. fans than I do Bills fans, so there are alot of bandwagon fans living in the area.

With that being said, there are some intense Bills fans in Canada (myself included) but I think we all prefer traveling to the Ralph. The Rogers centre is a joke.

I live in Toronto and hate that the Bills play regular season here - horrible atmosphere and truly ludicrous prices. But this is gonna be a meaningful game, and I can't miss a meaningful Bills game taking place 10 minutes from my apartment!

I'll try to bring some third down noise. (I won't be successful, but I'll try.)

your doing the right thing...go bills

I've been to EVERY Toronto game. There are literally THOUSANDS of tickets taken out of the box office and put on the streets in the hands of scalpers. Rogers will never admit it - but it is obvious to anyone who has ever scalped tickets at a pro sporting event. Hell - the Sabres used to do it at the Aud during the lean years (after the long sellout streak ended). It has killed me because I was duped into buying the "Season Ticket Holders VIP package" - full price - under the guise that I would lose all rights to future ticket sales if I didn't buy the whole 8 games (FIVE years of tickets) up front. Last year, I saw one scalper with at LEAST 100 tickets in his hand/pocket. This is NOT a broker or a street seller. He's "promoter" supplied.

Bottom line - you could get inside the building for as low as $10 to any of the previous games. Obviously they are doing better this season, so it might change a bit, but I still think that if anyone wants in - they can do so for considerably less than face value. I'd hope some REAL Bills fan's would do it this game. It's sickening to see half the stadium (or more) routing for the other team for a "HOME" game.

As a side note, the most sickening thing is to go in a bar 5 blocks from the stadium in a Bills jersey and have the bartender say "Bills? Oh yeah... there's a game here today..." In a city that REALLY wanted football - every bar and restaurant within 10 miles would be decked floor to ceiling with team promotions - looking for the business. They simply don't give a sh*t up there.

That sounds expensive but considering how much a ticket alone costs its probably not a bad deal.

When you get your bill they have it split out as part being your "game ticket", the other part the buffet. I don't remember the exact split though.