Jason Peters...Surprise Surprise..

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrappy, my good man, you commentary is sad, but true. Although this week they should gear toward containment vs. pinning their ears back against Vick.

I'm not sure if blitzing, major rushing is a good idea myself. I'd prefer to just collapse the pocket around him...

With D. Bell out of this contest, its almost a blessing that Trent Cole is not in this one. Jason Peters well you know...

I agree it may be a blessing since the Eagles lead the entire NFL in sacks, so any little bit helps. Cross our fingers, Hairston might be the next Lou Gehrig. On the other side, with our non existent pass rush, I am worried about Michael Vick getting outside, just one more thing to worry about.

Edited by billsfreak

Whoa, whoa, easy there killer. We're talking about the same Michael Vick who was crying about getting beaten like Tina Turner, right?

Yes, we're also talking about the same Michael Vick who has only been sacked 6 times this year. Their offensive line isn't as bad as you think it is, it's just that it gets more attention because: One, it's the Eagles; and Two, because Vick publicly complained about the hits he was taking.

We are also talking about the same Michael Vick who has had better rushing production than almost half of the league's starting running backs.

Yes, we're also talking about the same Michael Vick who has only been sacked 6 times this year. Their offensive line isn't as bad as you think it is, it's just that it gets more attention because: One, it's the Eagles; and Two, because Vick publicly complained about the hits he was taking.

We are also talking about the same Michael Vick who has had better rushing production than almost half of the league's starting running backs.

You couldn't be more wrong. They are talking about making changes and moving players. They didn't decide on their C and RT until a few days before opening game. I am in Philly and this is what is being said and written.

You couldn't be more wrong. They are talking about making changes and moving players. They didn't decide on their C and RT until a few days before opening game. I am in Philly and this is what is being said and written.

This. Around these parts the OL, and especially Jason Peters, are thought of as ineffective.

I agree it may be a blessing since the Eagles lead the entire NFL in sacks, ...

Since when?

This doesn't make it any more true. In fact, it probably hurts your case. But regardless of how legitimate their line may be, my point was that if there's one QB in the league that is affected the least by poor line play, it's Vick, and that's not even close.

Since when?

This doesn't make it any more true. In fact, it probably hurts your case. But regardless of how legitimate their line may be, my point was that if there's one QB in the league that is affected the least by poor line play, it's Vick, and that's not even close.

Tom Brady Anyone?

Eric Woods, and then not sure if it was the fith round pick in this years draft or last.

It was Philly's 2nd first-round pick (Woods) and their 4thround pick (TE Shawn Nelson, released 9/3/2011) in 2009, and a 6th-round pick in 2010 (Danny Batten).

Peters is a fat, aging, unmotivated, greedy, oft-injured malcontent. IMO, the Bills made out just fine.

Tom Brady Anyone?

What? How would you even know? Brady has always had one of the most experienced lines in the league. There are 3 pro bowlers currently on that line. Brady's a great quarterback who has always had all day to throw. Vick has considerably less time in the pocket and is still making plays.

Same goes for Peyton Manning if you want to use "Peyton Manning, Anyone?" for your next answer.

Since when?

They were after week three now there tied with the redskins

If Hairston does well, do the Bills re-up Bell and at what cost? Does Bell want blindslide money for his solid performances the first couple of games?

Unfortunately Ed Wang didn't work out as planned, so hope Hairston turns out to be a beast.

Bell's contract demands should be reasonable, I think.

Then, there's always the 2012 draft - lose Wang...

Adcock

Edited by The Senator

What? How would you even know? Brady has always had one of the most experienced lines in the league. There are 3 pro bowlers currently on that line. Brady's a great quarterback who has always had all day to throw. Vick has considerably less time in the pocket and is still making plays.

Same goes for Peyton Manning if you want to use "Peyton Manning, Anyone?" for your next answer.

Peyton Manning's spectacular line got crappy in a hurry once Manning wasn't around to make them look good.

I'm not sure if blitzing, major rushing is a good idea myself. I'd prefer to just collapse the pocket around him...

That's part of it because we have to close the running lanes so he can't get out of the pocket. Also Chicago gave an excellent blue print on how to stop vick. I believe it was flushing him to his right.