Kyle Williams

QB Bills

Let me preface this by saying I'm a big Kyle Williams fan and I only ask this because he has set such a high standard for himself over the last couple of years. But is anyone else disappointed in his play this year? I was honestly wondering this after the KC game. Figured it was just an off day. But three similar games later and this is not the same player I remember seeing last season. He's not necessarily playing bad. Just not close to the level he was at before.

Getting Dareus was supposed to open things up for him so he could blow up plays even more often. He hasn't been getting double-teamed as much this year but has been less effective. It makes no sense. I've seen him get beat one on one a few times already. Can't remember seeing that much, if at all, last year. I don't think he's the type of guy that would coast once he got his money. Maybe he's hiding an injury or something?

Meanwhile, Dareus is out-Williamsing Williams. Double-teamed on almost every play and is still causing havoc.

Edited by QB Bills

I'd like to reply to this by starting of by saying that I LOVE Williams and believe he has been severely underrated for a long time on the Bills. I am also aware that I will get burnt to a crispy ash for even thinking this, but we should have traded Williams for a kings ransom this year. Some team would have payed a 1st and more for his services and it would have helped is wonders with an extra 1st and most likely 3rd next year. As I said, I LOVE Williams but he is getting older, and he is playing out of position in a 3/4. Essentially were underutilizing his talents and expecting him to play like Superman every week and it's not going to happen. My guess is that we've seen the best of Kyle and it's a shame considering we just gave him a contract to retire a Bill.

just give the d a bit of time to gel. we've got a bunch of new players/rookies playing on that side of the ball right now and we've got a couple injuries too. i think the overall lack of anything spectacular is due to the players becoming comfortable with the system as well as the coaching staff becoming comfortable with the personel. that being said, this is not a tryout and we absolutely need to get better quick.

lol i love your sarcasm, thanks. it's pathetic that "teams are game planning for him" is enough to completely neutralize a player. if that's your argument, what does that say about williams?

i believe that says that he is our best defensive player at this time and teams will try to make sure that he does not eat them alive like many games last year when he was just beginning to gain the national respect and recognition.

I will say this....

I ahve been a BIG supporter of Troup......based off what I saw yesterday I would rather have Heard playing.

I know this thread is about Williams....but at least Heard made you pay for the double team on Williams.

Didnt Williams do most of his damage last year as the nose?

Question really.

Let me preface this by saying I'm a big Kyle Williams fan and I only ask this because he has set such a high standard for himself over the last couple of years. But is anyone else disappointed in his play this year? I was honestly wondering this after the KC game. Figured it was just an off day. But three similar games later and this is not the same player I remember seeing last season. He's not necessarily playing bad. Just not close to the level he was at before.

Getting Dareus was supposed to open things up for him so he could blow up plays even more often. He hasn't been getting double-teamed as much this year but has been less effective. It makes no sense. I've seen him get beat one on one a few times already. Can't remember seeing that much, if at all, last year. I don't think he's the type of guy that would coast once he got his money. Maybe he's hiding an injury or something?

Meanwhile, Dareus is out-Williamsing Williams. Double-teamed on almost every play and is still causing havoc.

we played more 4-3 towards the end of last year, which is where he thrived.

I will say this....

I ahve been a BIG supporter of Troup......based off what I saw yesterday I would rather have Heard playing.

I know this thread is about Williams....but at least Heard made you pay for the double team on Williams.

Heard is everything you want in a defensive tackle. He's huge, strong, plays angry and is likely borderline homicidal. He needs to be on the field more.

It couldn't possibly be teams are game planning for him

Are you serious? So you're implying that he was catching teams off guard (no pun intended) every week for the last two years? That is a ridiculous assumption.

I think it's safe to say that he's not playing nearly as well as he's shown even though he's got better support this year. That is a huge concern. If he had one of his patented games yesterday, the Bills are 4-0.

Of course they are game planning for Williams you have to, if you can watch the games again or even the highlites. Kyle Williams is double teams all day. Derius is the one not making available plays- Edwards chipped in a few this week.

What??? We must be watching different games. Dareus has been a beast. Best player on the D by far. He's the one that commands the most attention from the offense and he's still making plays.

Are you serious? So you're implying that he was catching teams off guard (no pun intended) every week for the last two years? That is a ridiculous assumption.

I think it's safe to say that he's not playing nearly as well as he's shown even though he's got better support this year. That is a huge concern. If he had one of his patented games yesterday, the Bills are 4-0.

What??? We must be watching different games. Dareus has been a beast. Best player on the D by far. He's the one that commands the most attention from the offense and he's still making plays.

NO way- Williams is still the best D Lineman Derius is out of position and they take advantage on him