Aaron maybin

Glamslam

I got a chuckle out of watching Maybin play (or try to play) with the big boys.

He was flailing, probably the best way to describe it, flailing trying to get around (or through) the OT.

He probably weighs 210, like you guys said.

I think he severely lacks football instincts.

Mayhem indeed. A-hem is more like it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youre out of your mind. Maybin caught him from behind and made a great play on the ball

youtube.com/watch?v=ektJ9dmthBQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If maybins sack doesn't count because the LT initially directed him up field but he was able to stay on his feet, turn it back and use speed to sack the qb from behind than about half of Bruce smith's sacks didn't count either

Did you watch the clip you posted? He was knocked off his feet, hopped up quickly, took advantage of some traffic in the area, ran after and eventually dove at the un-elusive Joe Flacco, and swatted his elbow which caused the ball to flop out of Flacco's hand as he held it like a loaf of bread down by his thigh pad.

I'm not saying it doesn't count at all, but this is all Maybin can do. He takes huge loops around the formation and hustles. His celebration after the fact was All World though.

Rex Ryan is twice the defensive mind that George Edwards is. If the Jets can get production from Joe McKnight on defense, a running back, then I think that they can get something out of Maybin. Ryan isn't worried about how big someone is. He just tries to put his players in position to use what abilities they have and make plays.

:huh:

The Bills have a WR as one of their starting safeties. I don't see your point.

And I like that the Jest are using Maybin. I'd like to see them use him as an everydown player. Heck, if they're playing an RB on D, maybe they can make Maybin a TRUE everydown player (in the Frank Gifford mold) and go w/ 10.5 players on O as well as D. THAT would be sweet.

He made a terrific play where he showed great instinct for forcing a turnover. Why can't people accept this and move on? It was our choice to draft him in Rd1 not his.

He is not hated because of his lack of ability. He is hated because of his big mouth, and stupid rap song

Speaking of big-mouths, I enjoyed watching "MeAngelo" Hall getting burned the other night, and of course he made it look worse by blaming everyone but himself

Did you watch the clip you posted? He was knocked off his feet, hopped up quickly, took advantage of some traffic in the area, ran after and eventually dove at the un-elusive Joe Flacco, and swatted his elbow which caused the ball to flop out of Flacco's hand as he held it like a loaf of bread down by his thigh pad.

I'm not saying it doesn't count at all, but this is all Maybin can do. He takes huge loops around the formation and hustles. His celebration after the fact was All World though.

I can't disagree with your assessment of the play or of Maybin's abilities. That said, one of the things which struck me about the play was how fast Maybin looked!

I realize that when a player is as ridiculously undersized as he is, you expect him to be fast. But still. I have to give Maybin credit for that speed. Part of me wonders what might have been, had Maybin been able to offer more than just that speed and the huge loops around the formation which you'd mentioned.

I can't disagree with your assessment of the play or of Maybin's abilities. That said, one of the things which struck me about the play was how fast Maybin looked!

I realize that when a player is as ridiculously undersized as he is, you expect him to be fast. But still. I have to give Maybin credit for that speed. Part of me wonders what might have been, had Maybin been able to offer more than just that speed and the huge loops around the formation which you'd mentioned.

Imagine him at Tight End! :ph34r:

How is it that he never even got on the field for a piss poor Bills defense, yet he can get on the field for what should be(but isn't for some reason this year) a very good Jets defense? Something just doesn't add up to me...not saying he looked awesome or anything, but the Bills never even attempted to utilize him, while the Jets are attempting to utilize him...makes me wonder if it wasn't something personal between him and Gailey...

How is it that he never even got on the field for a piss poor Bills defense, yet he can get on the field for what should be(but isn't for some reason this year) a very good Jets defense? Something just doesn't add up to me...not saying he looked awesome or anything, but the Bills never even attempted to utilize him, while the Jets are attempting to utilize him...makes me wonder if it wasn't something personal between him and Gailey...

I agree there was a problem between Maybin and Gailey

Maybin kept getting pushed around and knocked on his skinny little butt, and that dummy Chan Gailey thought it was something negative

Read the Post prior to yours!

He has some short area quickness (that was the "Wow!" factor that got him so high in the draft), but I'm not sure he is really a track guy. Of course, with his long legs and only going 210# or whatever, he's going to look fast by comparison. Anyway, he doesn't have superior balance, can't seem to sprint through the angle (does he lack lower body strength?), and hasn't got the upper body strength or hand technique for any other moves. If he can't run around the world loops to get to the QB, he's pancake batter. Heck, we've all seen him get splattered by a RB. Modrak thought they could teach him to play the run, and the typical result of a Modrak projection followed.

He has some short area quickness (that was the "Wow!" factor that got him so high in the draft), but I'm not sure he is really a track guy. Of course, with his long legs and only going 210# or whatever, he's going to look fast by comparison. Anyway, he doesn't have superior balance, can't seem to sprint through the angle (does he lack lower body strength?), and hasn't got the upper body strength or hand technique for any other moves. If he can't run around the world loops to get to the QB, he's pancake batter. Heck, we've all seen him get splattered by a RB. Modrak thought they could teach him to play the run, and the typical result of a Modrak projection followed.

Maybe we should have tried him at tight end

(just kidding)

Maybe we should have tried him at tight end

(just kidding)

Yeah, I've heard that one before. He's got none of the qualities to be a great inline blocker and who knows if he could run a pattern or catch a football. A team would be better off paying a basketball player to learn to play the position.

I agree there was a problem between Maybin and Gailey

Maybin kept getting pushed around and knocked on his skinny little butt, and that dummy Chan Gailey thought it was something negative

If you don't do everything chan says you're gone. He's a "my system or the highway" kind of guy. See lee Evans

Maybin did the same thing he does on every pass play, namely what everyone else has already pointed out: ran wide and took himself out of the play... what was nice about the play was that he didn't quit on it and was able to take advantage of a breakdown in the pocket and Flacco scrambling trying to make something out of nothing. Speaking of "trying to make something out of nothing", wake me up when Aaron Maybin becomes a competent regular NFL player. I'm guessing I'll have to change my username to Rip Van Winkle. One single decent play in 3 years means jack squat.

And Gailey is wrong because...?

GO BILLS!!!

Joe_the_4_pack is always right. Assuming everyone else is always wrong as he consistently takes the opposition viewpoint in every single conversation.