Bills Postgame Quotes

A single play at a critical juncture is often the difference between a win and a loss in the NFL. Happens every week to somebody.

Yes, and considering that play would have meant a first down in Cinci territory, and instead the result was a punt and an 80-yard drive to tie the game.. it was a big deal.

A single play at a critical juncture is often the difference between a win and a loss in the NFL. Happens every week to somebody.

I'm going out on a limb and saying there were probably a dozen bigger plays, but that's an easy one to pick out. More than a few missed chances to stop them. Plenty of missed plays that could've made a difference on both sides of the ball.

It was one of many plays that helped lose that game.

That all said, yea it still hurts.

Tony Dungy said it was clearly a catch, and I'll respect his seasoned, impartial observation.

I have never seen the "not in full control" call made on a play in the middle of the field. It is always an issue on the sideline or in the back of the endzone. Even if he bobbled it going down, which he did not, he still never put the ball on the turf. There is no evidence that the ball hit the ground. Given that, at a minimum it was a catch while on the ground and down.

With that play we kill more clock, and add 3 or 7 insurance points.

Yes, and considering that play would have meant a first down in Cinci territory, and instead the result was a punt and an 80-yard drive to tie the game.. it was a big deal.

As was, you know, giving up an 80 yard drive. That's a big deal too.

As was, you know, giving up an 80 yard drive. That's a big deal too.

But that's precisely the point...we had all the momentum, and it was wrongly taken out of our hands. We were good enough to win and in control to do so. We shouldn't have had to be better than that. One opponent in a game should be enough.

Total blown call in the Giants game, as well. Officiating in the NFL continues to be a crapshoot, year after year.

And tomorrow morning the league will review this play, along with a lot of others, and the Bills will get a letter saying, "uh...sorry, looks like we got that one wrong".

Asingle incompletion did not lose that game.

Not necessarily true, that changed the whole complection of the game, and the momentum to, it would have been a 1st down and more chances for the offense to score, we will never know because the refs stole it from the Bills!

The one back judge (in his 60's I would guess) is the one who missed numerous holding penalties, pass interference calls & completed passes. The rest did their job. The NBA found a rat a few years back. Too bad the NFL doesn't investigate their officials. Today was blatant.

He did call Nelson on a P.I. Hmmmmmmmmmmm-

Edited by r00tabaga

Of course it was. But that one play is the difference between a first down, which could have led to more... and punting.

Which could have led to literally anything. The next play could've been a turnover too. That call led to an incomplete pass, not a loss. It didn't help us win by any means, but it didn't make us lose either. A completion there is big, but so is us making any number of plays that we should have and needed to. There are plenty of other missed third downs to be upset about while your at it. We didn't get a first down the play before either. The bills didn't handle their business, even if they got a bum call

Edited by NoSaint

That catch was during a successful time eating drive. If they made the correct call there, finish and score we would be talking tomorrow about how they played awful and still finished strong when it counted most. They finished strong against Oakland & N.E. and were robbed today of making it three weeks in a row of sealing victories.

Should be 4-0 and I hope they take it out on Philly!

That catch was during a successful time eating drive. If they made the correct call there, finish and score we would be talking tomorrow about how they played awful and still finished strong when it counted most. They finished strong against Oakland & N.E. and were robbed today of making it three weeks in a row of sealing victories.

Should be 4-0 and I hope they take it out on Philly!

That's what happens when you don't put games away. It's rare a team stays undefeated with tight games week in and week out. An awkward bounce, or a perceived bobble will get you eventually.

This play hurt but you can't say it cost us the game. I do agree we likely win if we get that catch. However, we still let them march down for a tying touchdown, then we did nothing on offense, then let them march right down for a field goal. Three separate possessions after that call forced a punt and we failed on all of them. THAT is why we lost today

Edited by Big Bad Boone

Would you do anything different with your running game if you could go back to the game?

“No. They were just out-physicaling us.”

Really Chan? Remember Corey Mcintyre 260 LBs of devastion the guy who took out a DT on Freds touchdown last week.

It just seemed like it was so easy in the first half, almost like they were going to replace Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton, and the next thing you know, they were making plays:

“Yeah. Like I said, they came out and made some adjustments that were key, and we didn’t adjust to them. Point blank, we got out-physicaled up front, and we’ve got to do a better job with that.”

Maybe we should have Kept Heard active this week, a 350 Lb end is hard to run on besides the fact he has been playing well.