The Pessimism Thread

Virgil

Team could be anywhere from 1-3 to 4-0. 3-1 is not bad. See what they do next two weeks. If they go to 3-3, then despair. 5-1 or 4-2, I'll take that. Have to keep the big picture in mind.

i'll buy that. 3-1 isn't bad in the big picture. however, we got to 3-0 and had 1 game to play - that's the way i'm looking at it.

call me negative, an a$$ hole, a bandwagoner - don't really give a **** - but i have a bad feeling about games against the pissed off Eagles and sack happy Giants. Wasn't what i had in mind a week ago. I'll take 4-2 in a heartbeat.

Edited by deep2evans

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll buy that. 3-1 isn't bad in the big picture. however, we got to 3-0 and had 1 game to play - that's the way i'm looking at it.

call me negative, an a$$ hole, a bandwagoner - don't really give a **** - but i have a bad feeling about games against the pissed off Eagles and sack happy Giants. Wasn't what i had in mind a week ago. I'll take 4-2 in a heartbeat.

Long time Bills fans always have bad feelings about most games, it is in our nature. Here is Washington, the fans believe the Redskins are always going to the SB and will win. They are always optimisitc, even when unwarranted. Conversely most Bills fans always have the Charlie Brown/Lucy viewpoint.

Call me bandwagon all you want, but I've lived and died by this team for longer than I can remember. If I'm pessimistic, it's because the Bills made me this way.

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think I will be.

I will absolutely bump this thread from week to week and eat crow if I'm wrong.

Put me on the opposite side of the sand! "Die Hard" to me means you support your team no matter what, hence "Die Hard". If i'm wrong and they lose the rest of their games i won't care that you were right and i was wrong. This team has proven everyone wrong since the start of the season. Everything from who are these no-name receivers that will suck without Lee Evans, This suspect O-line, Journeyman qb, back up running back. I'm also still expecting big things from Merriman and Spiller this year. Trust me I understand your pessimism,and the bills didn't play well today, but get behind your team unconditionaly. BILLieve Bro!

I'm going to go ahead and draw the line in the sand and let people declare if they are on board or off with the Bills making the playoffs.

For me, I'm off board and here is why.

We just gave up over 400 yards to a team who scored 8 points last week. Oh yeah, Andy Dalton is their QB. Are you serious?

Yes, we are better than last year. No, we will not make the playoffs. We could very easily be 1-3 right now. Look at the silver lining all you want, but it took the Bills to do something that no other team has done in NFL history to get wins 2 and 3. And yes, I'll take that Pats win as my highlight of the season, but those two wins will not happen 9/10 times.

Plain and simple, the Bengals figured us out. I saw it from the very first drive where they showed Fitz one coverage, and then changed it right at the last second by moving the safeties around. We never got it going and I give it up to the Bengals for having a great scheme. But still, they were 1-2 and scored 8 points last week for a reason. They are not a good team. We did all the same things that we did for the first few weeks with run formations and spreads, and they were all over us. You think that was a fluke? No, we got manhandled and the Offense couldn't cover up for the D again this year.

Seriously, this was a Bengals offense where we didn't have to overplay the run or pass. They don't have any specific threat to be afraid of. And if you say AJ Green, I'll puke on you. He's a rookie WR and if we can't handle him, then we have bigger problems than I thought. Yet, in the end, we made them look like ProBowlers. In the end, they were running all over us, breaking tackles, making easy catches. It was pathetic.

So yeah, I'm going to draw my line in the sand and say we won't make the playoffs and will not finish over .500.

Kansas City Chiefs (won and should have)

OAKLAND RAIDERS (play it again 10 more times and we lose 9 of them)

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (Good luck getting that homefield advantage and 4ints again)

Cincinnati Bengals (Beat by a weaker team, exposed our D for who we are and gave the NFL the blueprint to beating our Offense)

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (Loss - Unless the Eagles give it away again)

New York Giants (Loss - Again, Eli would have to give it to us)

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (Win - We will win of of these previous 3, so I'll pick this one)

NEW YORK JETS - (Win - Cause we split with them usually)

Dallas Cowboys - (Loss - Because we always do, but the Cowboys do seem to lose like we did last year, so maybe)

Miami Dolphins - (Win, we are bad, they are worse)

New York Jets - (Loss, their turn to win)

TENNESSEE TITANS - (Loss, won't beat a 300+ yard QB)

San Diego Chargers - (Loss, Rivers crushes our D)

MIAMI DOLPHINS (Win, See Before)

DENVER BRONCOS (Win, Broncos are just as bad as the Dolphins, too little too late game)

New England Patriots (Loss, Pats will need this game)

Final Record 8-8 with another draft geared towards Defense with no reason to believe it will make a difference with our defensive coaching.

Fitz did look confused on the sidelines. They got outplayed today no question. If you look at the New England and Oakland games they did have some luck to win both of those. On paper they are not a great team. Having said all that sure they can make the playoffs but it is not going to be a easy ride, it never is. They are not as good as they looked against New England and they are not as bad as they played today. If they do finish 8-8 I will be happy. If they get 9 wins I will be delighted and 10 or more I will be dreaming.

What this loss showed to me was that we need a little more speed on defense- the Bills did an ok job with collapsing the pocket but when Dalton got flushed outside the pocket no one could close on and tackle the guy- Dalton should not look like Vick running away from everyone.

I'm going to go ahead and draw the line in the sand and let people declare if they are on board or off with the Bills making the playoffs.

For me, I'm off board and here is why.

We just gave up over 400 yards to a team who scored 8 points last week. Oh yeah, Andy Dalton is their QB. Are you serious?

Yes, we are better than last year. No, we will not make the playoffs. We could very easily be 1-3 right now. Look at the silver lining all you want, but it took the Bills to do something that no other team has done in NFL history to get wins 2 and 3. And yes, I'll take that Pats win as my highlight of the season, but those two wins will not happen 9/10 times.

Plain and simple, the Bengals figured us out. I saw it from the very first drive where they showed Fitz one coverage, and then changed it right at the last second by moving the safeties around. We never got it going and I give it up to the Bengals for having a great scheme. But still, they were 1-2 and scored 8 points last week for a reason. They are not a good team. We did all the same things that we did for the first few weeks with run formations and spreads, and they were all over us. You think that was a fluke? No, we got manhandled and the Offense couldn't cover up for the D again this year.

Seriously, this was a Bengals offense where we didn't have to overplay the run or pass. They don't have any specific threat to be afraid of. And if you say AJ Green, I'll puke on you. He's a rookie WR and if we can't handle him, then we have bigger problems than I thought. Yet, in the end, we made them look like ProBowlers. In the end, they were running all over us, breaking tackles, making easy catches. It was pathetic.

So yeah, I'm going to draw my line in the sand and say we won't make the playoffs and will not finish over .500.

Kansas City Chiefs (won and should have)

OAKLAND RAIDERS (play it again 10 more times and we lose 9 of them)

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (Good luck getting that homefield advantage and 4ints again)

Cincinnati Bengals (Beat by a weaker team, exposed our D for who we are and gave the NFL the blueprint to beating our Offense)

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (Loss - Unless the Eagles give it away again)

New York Giants (Loss - Again, Eli would have to give it to us)

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (Win - We will win of of these previous 3, so I'll pick this one)

NEW YORK JETS - (Win - Cause we split with them usually)

Dallas Cowboys - (Loss - Because we always do, but the Cowboys do seem to lose like we did last year, so maybe)

Miami Dolphins - (Win, we are bad, they are worse)

New York Jets - (Loss, their turn to win)

TENNESSEE TITANS - (Loss, won't beat a 300+ yard QB)

San Diego Chargers - (Loss, Rivers crushes our D)

MIAMI DOLPHINS (Win, See Before)

DENVER BRONCOS (Win, Broncos are just as bad as the Dolphins, too little too late game)

New England Patriots (Loss, Pats will need this game)

Final Record 8-8 with another draft geared towards Defense with no reason to believe it will make a difference with our defensive coaching.

Please make this your final post on this page :worthy:

Yeah, the Bills let a W they should have had get away, but really, who thought we'd be the Pat's? This loss may actually be the "reality check" the team needs to realize they can't just show up to win.

i think the only reality check was our defense getting torched 3 weeks in a row.

i love being wrong about the bills cause that's when they look good...and i hate when i am right about them... but i also think they're gonna be lucky to win 8 games the way this defense plays.

and i love how when you are willing to be honest with people about that, you're no longer a fan. <_<

well i'm pretty sure i'e been a fan longer than the majority of the people who use this site have been alive...and i think we still have problems.

it's funny, i remember coming to the realization that the 08 bills were a fraud at 4-1 and saying as much...and being told to get lost. oh well. i hope we beat the eagles.

I said I would bump this back, and here is my crow.

Great game for the Bills for the most part. In fact, I give them a ton more credit than most people are.

~They made due with a lack of deep ball as the Eagles take that away from everyone.

~Freddy had the best game I've ever seen out of him

~Great pressure on Vick

~D was very aggressive, no let down from last weeks loss

~When it turned into streetball, that's when the Eagles came back. Most teams couldn't stop the crap that Philly was pulling out. Bills looked very sound and their best game so far IMO.

~I want to believe that Chan would have gone for it on 4th, I want to believe....

Back to pessimism, Bills will lose out the rest of the season. :devil:

I said I would bump this back, and here is my crow.

Great game for the Bills for the most part. In fact, I give them a ton more credit than most people are.

~They made due with a lack of deep ball as the Eagles take that away from everyone.

~Freddy had the best game I've ever seen out of him

~Great pressure on Vick

~D was very aggressive, no let down from last weeks loss

~When it turned into streetball, that's when the Eagles came back. Most teams couldn't stop the crap that Philly was pulling out. Bills looked very sound and their best game so far IMO.

~I want to believe that Chan would have gone for it on 4th, I want to believe....

Back to pessimism, Bills will lose out the rest of the season. :devil:

A man of your word. A good quality.