Dear NFL ..........................................

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson made that catch. I don't know what the ref was thinking but I'm over it now.

Merriman is getting held alot. He ought to start saying something.

More of a concern is how the Bengals ran on us. But Cinny played well. Green is gonna be a monster. Dalton has some talent. They have a good Defense, but that I thought going into the game.

They won at home after years of losing to the Bills. We won last week after years of losing to the Pats.

Karma maybe. We win next week get the swag back we will have a nice season.

I understand what you guys are saying about not being in a situation where one call can cost you the game. But here's the thing. It was a 3 point margin of victory, and that one call very likely changed the final outcome. Beyond that, it's not like we played a terrible game and lost due to a bad call. We played a solid game all the way around, as did the Bengals, and we needed the correct call for a hard fought, tough victory. I feel like that call was garbage and it absolutely was the difference between a winning effort and a losing effort.

If the call had been correct, the Bills are most likely 4-0. That's a major blown call and should not be overlooked at all.

I agree. Those who are saying "stuff happens, focus on Philly" or "we should have played better to overcome bad calls" are missing the point. What we witnessed on the field Sunday brings the integrity of the game into question. Why waste time following a team, analyzing matchups and watching games if ultimately, at any given time, the game can be determined by the men in stripes?

Refs ALWAYS miss calls usually for both teams (hopefully equally) for instance yesterday Wilfolk was being held when Campbell completed a long pass. How do I know he was held well seeing as how I saw his bear back and the other guys arms pushing his shirt up say an OBVIOUS hold lol. (I am sure were simular ones for the raiders)

Refs ALWAYS miss calls usually for both teams (hopefully equally) for instance yesterday Wilfolk was being held when Campbell completed a long pass. How do I know he was held well seeing as how I saw his bear back and the other guys arms pushing his shirt up say an OBVIOUS hold lol. (I am sure were simular ones for the raiders)

No question about it...Holding, PI...Calls are missed every Game and generally it does even out...

BUT...A play that was CLEARLY a Catch on a pivotal 3rd Down Late in the Game that some idiot Ref got wrong on the Field, THEN it was compounded by the Call being held up on replay...Those things are not common at all in today's NFL...

And remember, any Pats Fan should know this...The Bills have been dealing with this crap dating back to November of 98 when Henry Jones was called for PI on a Hail Mary Pass in New England on what was supposed to be the Games final play, AFTER the Officials GAVE NE an extra Yard on a 4th Down Pass on the same drive...NE gets one un-timed Down and wins that Game...So there is History here...LONG history...It's part of being a Bills Fan...And if you are a Bills Fan you know exactly what I'm talking about...

Not saying that Call was the only reason The Bills lost because it clearly was not...But it was a terrible Call at a pivotal point late in the Game when The Bills had a 7 point lead, had snatched back momentum, and every single thing that could go wrong went wrong after that play...

/end rant B-)

Not saying that Call was the only reason The Bills lost because it clearly was not...But it was a terrible Call at a pivotal point late in the Game when The Bills had a 7 point lead, had snatched back momentum, and every single thing that could go wrong went wrong after that play...

THIS. The referees were the 12th man on defense yesterday.

I used to think Steratore was a solid referee. After this game, I have serious doubts about he and his crew. That said, Buffalo was out-coached and out-played.

Steratore is from my home town, about 30 miles south of Pittsburgh and as recent as 5 years ago he was reffing powder puff games, got in because of his Dad and Uncle, is a complete homer, and a terrible official, I have seen him refing steeler

games. I think that he has ties to mafioso. The fix was in on this game, guaranteed.

that was a clear catch on the field, and a crystal clear catch using replay.

I am questioning the integrity of the NFL... that call was so blatantly blown

How man obvious OL holding calls didn't get called yesterday..... I know I saw a few

Edited by shibuya

Steratore is from my home town, about 30 miles south of Pittsburgh and as recent as 5 years ago he was reffing powder puff games, got in because of his Dad and Uncle, is a complete homer, and a terrible official, I have seen him refing steeler

games. I think that he has ties to mafioso. The fix was in on this game, guaranteed.

**eye roll** Really the FIX was in?? not that the NFL minds having the BIGGEST under dogs doing awesome and giving postive PR to the league. NOPE they will fix it that they lose. Dude if the fix was in the Bills win they (and the Lions) the feel good story this yr in the NFL. Plain and simple was at best a blown call at worse a ref unwilling to correct his bad call via review.

**eye roll** Really the FIX was in?? not that the NFL minds having the BIGGEST under dogs doing awesome and giving postive PR to the league. NOPE they will fix it that they lose. Dude if the fix was in the Bills win they (and the Lions) the feel good story this yr in the NFL. Plain and simple was at best a blown call at worse a ref unwilling to correct his bad call via review.

What I said about Steratore is absolutley true, the other part was my scpeculation, but I guess your the type

that doesn't think there is any manipulation at all, subtle or otherwise. Yes, we and the Lions are a feel good

story, but don't expect that to get in the way of what ultimate goal is, big pay-off marquee games between big market

cities, at just the right time.

There has to be a purpose for corruption. Like money. Or power.

What is the purpose of purposely miscalling a game against Buffalo and Cinci? So Cinci can win?

Or so Buffalo can lose and not stay a game ahead of Tom Brady and New England in the standings...i.e. money. And power.

If the situation was reversed and the Lions got our ref team, THEY would have gotten screwed and the Bills would have had a great chance to salt away a win. The scandal in the NBA proved to the sporting public that the possibility of fixed games is much more than just talk from a few wackos, that the possibility has merit.

Edited by BmoreBills

Who was the ref?

Ray Charles and Paul Browns grandson

that was a clear catch on the field, and a crystal clear catch using replay.

I am questioning the integrity of the NFL... that call was so blatantly blown

How man obvious OL holding calls didn't get called yesterday..... I know I saw a few

He didnt take much time to review it either... :wallbash:

I don't think that the NFL is fixed and most of the posters are right, the defense stunk and we didn't have as many calls go our way as we did the prior two weeks. It still doesn't change the fact that the officiating in the NFL, for the most part, is pretty bad. I am not sure why they don't start by making these guys full time employees.

i hate the fact that the officials allowed the Bengals to generate 450 yards offense. you'd think they'd get in the way of Dalton or Benson in an attempt to stop them. unfair.

jw

Where have you been the last few games? This didn't stop us from winning the games, and yet the referees killed our momentum up by 7 as Fitz said and cost us the game. Turnovers and offense has been the key to our success this season, in case you haven't noticed!

Edited by BmoreBills