Dear NFL ..........................................

Several calls throughout the day by the refs were not only questionable but favored the Bengals heavily. The Bryan Scott TD that was called back was clearly a fumble, not incomplete. But for me, the game changer was when they reviewed the 3rd and 1 catch by Stevie and said it was incomplete. Every angle clearly showed he had control and his arm was under the ball. Ruined the game..

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, they weren't going to let us win no matter what. Im still steaming over rhat non catch. But no excuse for that defense.

We played better defense under Perry Fewell with worse players. Its time to can George Edwards and make Dave Wannstedt defensive coordinator .

I agree that the refs sucked, but even with that, the Bills should have been able to protect a 14 point halftime lead. I get that the defense had to protect against Oakland's run game and got beat through the air, and that they had to take their lumps against Brady and the Pats, but there's no excuse for taking the gaspipe against a rookie QB.

I've seen enough of Edwards from last season and it's carrying over to this season. Give the job to Wannstedt.

We didn't play a great game, but to lose a touchdown because of the "tuck rule". Hate that. Just because a quarterback is pulling it in it doesn't count? It still came lose long before the play call dead or thr quarterback on the ground. And Steve Johnson made the catch. His arm was under it and he had control when he came down. Bad calls.

The NFL is fixed. Bs calls all game long

I agree, too many calls against us today that went against us to be coincidence. Someone had this game in the bag for the Bengals. There is no way that so many calls could be so obviously wrong for it to be an accident.

1) Fitz was very inaccurate today. He just wasn't off a little, surprised he didn't throw any pics. Mostly why we struggled on offense today.

2) Defense - McKelvin is a problem. One on one coverage team after team exposing him. George Edwards scheme is giving up a ton of yards in the passing game. Our safeties are struggling to defend big tight ends. Another week were we can't stop the screen pass against the RB. This is a HUGE problem.

3) Refs - One of the worst officiated games I have ever watched. I don't need to rehash why. Certainly shifted the momentum of the game in their favor. Still our defense imploded. Our biggest undoing.

4) Not utilizing Brad Smith in short yardage situations - there were a lot of 2nd or 3 and less than 2 situations. We struggled especially on 2 and short running the football. Not to use Brad Smith a single time in this situations is just bad coaching - sorry Gailey.

Yes the refs were awful but the Bills played poorly today.

Yes I do! there is corruption in any big business why not in the NFL?

You don't think the NFL could benefit from the Bills and Lions going 4-0? Don't be stupid. But if you're going to be stupid sure likes you have lots of company here today. :rolleyes:

1) Fitz was very inaccurate today. He just wasn't off a little, surprised he didn't throw any pics. Mostly why we struggled on offense today.

2) Defense - McKelvin is a problem. One on one coverage team after team exposing him. George Edwards scheme is giving up a ton of yards in the passing game. Our safeties are struggling to defend big tight ends. Another week were we can't stop the screen pass against the RB. This is a HUGE problem.

3) Refs - One of the worst officiated games I have ever watched. I don't need to rehash why. Certainly shifted the momentum of the game in their favor. Still our defense imploded. Our biggest undoing.

4) Not utilizing Brad Smith in short yardage situations - there were a lot of 2nd or 3 and less than 2 situations. We struggled especially on 2 and short running the football. Not to use Brad Smith a single time in this situations is just bad coaching - sorry Gailey.

Yes the refs were awful but the Bills played poorly today.

The game played out as if Donte was defending the TE today, one big catch after another.

I'M SO PISSED RITE NOW.....THE BENGALS FOR REAL??!!!??? !@#$ING OFFICIALS ARE SOOOOOO RETARDED. I WANNA BREAK SOMETHING.....LIKE THAT ZEBRA'S FACE. NOT A CATCH??? REALLY??? NFL NEEDS TO RE-EVALUATE THESES OFFICIALS RESUMÉS CUZ THAT DUDES A CLOWN....AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Bengals took away everything in the middle and forced Fitz to make throws to the hashes. This is not his strength. He gets a bit lazy with his mechanics sometimes too.

Not sure why they aren't using Brad Smith. Seems like today would have been the perfect week. Gailey wanted a waterbug and a utility player and never uses them.

Awful call, but do fans seriously believe there is some sort of NFL conspiracy that involves influencing the outcome of a week 4 matchup between the Bengals and the Bills. Seriously?

No, but that still ranks as a horrible call....

If the Johnson review came with the Bills driving with 1:00 to go in the 4th quarter, I'd say fans have a right to be angry, and the refs cost us the game. In the case of the actual game, the Bills had plenty of chances to overcome the bad call, and instead the defense folded against a rookie QB in his 4th career game.

PS I thought all the QB's in this draft sucked? :oops: