Who holds the longest active winning streak in the NFL now ?

Scrappy

The Bills are recent walking proof of this being the case. I just don't see the Bengals as scoring much more than their ~19 point average, which is like half of what the Bills have scored. The Bengals look to not have the services of Cedric Benson as well Link to Benson story

To be fair, our defense has looked pretty weak so far, other than the Chiefs game... I hope we hold them to a low scoring total, but I'm also not going to make any guarantees, heh. We need to make more stops. We need to not be behind by 18+ points.

I don't think Fitz is the type of guy to overlook an opponent, he's seen teams do it against him his whole career. I think our offense shows up anyway, and Cinci's offense doesn't scare me at all.

With that said, it's hard to win in the NFL. Anything can happen come Sunday.

Edited by Captain Caveman

To be fair, our defense has looked pretty weak so far, other than the Chiefs game... I hope we hold them to a low scoring total, but I'm also not going to make any guarantees, heh. We need to make more stops. We need to not be behind by 18+ points.

Darren McFadden vs. Denver and NYJ: 41 carries, 321 yards (7.8 average)

Darren McFadden vs. Buffalo: 20 carries, 72 yards (3.6 average)

Tom Brady vs. NFL, 2010 (16 games): 4 INTs

Tom Brady vs. Buffalo, 9/25/11: 4 INTs

The Bills are 2nd in the league with nine takeaways (eight coming from the defense)

One is foolish to simply look at total yardage stats as evidence of how a particular unit is playing.

The Bills are 2nd in the league with nine takeaways (eight coming from the defense)

One is foolish to simply look at total yardage stats as evidence of how a particular unit is playing.

I agree stats can be misleading. But both Oakland and NE put up big numbers on us. I want to see how we play against less potent offenses. I'm not saying our defense sucks, but I'm also not going to claim we are elite. We rank in the middle to low in most categories, but we have the second most takeaways this year, which have been HUGE.

No question they've improved greatly vs. the run. They've been great. They will not be a real contender though, until they can generate some semblance of a pass rush.

Also... one could turn around and take a look at Jason Campbell's stats vs us, and vs Denver/NYJ and see that we got smoked. It works both ways...

Also... one could turn around and take a look at Jason Campbell's stats vs us, and vs Denver/NYJ and see that we got smoked. It works both ways...

I'm pretty certain 32 out of 32 defensive coordinators in the NFL would say you'd rather take your chances against Jason Campbell than to let McFadden run wild.

No game is a "gimme", that's why they play the games. We've looked much improved/very good so far, but you cant assume anything in the NFL.

IF the Bills continue to play like they have, then it "should" be another blowout. But dont expect the Bengals to just rollover for us.

GO BILLS!!

I'm pretty certain 32 out of 32 defensive coordinators in the NFL would say you'd rather take your chances against Jason Campbell than to let McFadden run wild.

I'd rather us defend both equally well. What's the harm in wanting a stronger defense? We are improved over last year, but that's not saying much. I want a top 10 defense to match our awesome offense.

When in doubt, check the scoreboard.

And the scoreboard says the Bills D isn't very good.

The only thing keeping me from thinking this D is in big trouble the rest of the way is the fact that the Raiders O ran roughshod over the Jets D and NE puts up points against everybody.

With the lack of a pass rush I do find myself wishing that Moats could get on the field at OLB - he was the only guy to semi-consistently get pressure last year.

I'd rather us defend both equally well. What's the harm in wanting a stronger defense? We are improved over last year, but that's not saying much. I want a top 10 defense to match our awesome offense.

Right, and I'd rather us win every game 31-0, too. You know what, the other teams have talent also. Have you noticed the number of points and yardage being put up across the league -- even against the "good" teams?

I hate to argue with someone when things are going so well, but your perspective seems a tad naive.

Our defensive line has been eating up blockers all season. Now that we're playing Andy Dalton, we can afford to bring some LBs through those gaps.