Bruschi analyzes the game

dave mcbride

He calls out Ochocinco for NOTHING and lets Brady COMPLETELY off the hook. His analysis is overly biased and we gain nothing from it. He is a homer. At this point I can already guess his stance on every issue for the rest of the season: Brady and Belicheat can do no wrong. Wrong things can only happen to them.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7022802/bruschi-tap-patriots-defense-adjust

A. Pressure would have helped, but Fitzpatrick gets rid of the ball so quickly that pressure sometimes doesn't matter. You may have just seen the birth of a new great quarterback in the NFL. I'm not saying Fitzpatrick is anywhere near Brady or Rodgers, but there is something about this guy that I really like.

Amish Rifle is THE WHIP, gents!

The other 2 were tipped and anything can happen after a tip.

Yeah, we know - we all saw the pick that bounced off Donald Jones hands into Kyle Arrington's open arms. Wonder if Brady* was too busy preening herself* on the sidelines to see the tackle Fitz laid on Arrington after his other pick?

If Marcia* tackles Drayton Florence before he reaches the end zone, or at least tries to shove him out of bounds instead of cowering in fear, maybe the NE* defense has a chance to stop the Bills - or hold them to a field goal.

(The margin of victory was a field goal, no?)

Thank you, Tommy* :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

The other 2 were tipped and anything can happen after a tip.

True enough NH, in B'lo we kinda hold the QB accountable for throwing into pressure where the DL is in position to tip the ball.

What's your viewpoint? Tips "just happen"?

He calls out Ochocinco for NOTHING and lets Brady COMPLETELY off the hook. His analysis is overly biased and we gain nothing from it. He is a homer. At this point I can already guess his stance on every issue for the rest of the season: Brady and Belicheat can do no wrong. Wrong things can only happen to them.

Whoa, Pardner, Stand And Deliver! Please share the quote(s) where he lets Brady completely off the hook and where he calls out Ochocinco for NOTHING.

I already provided the quotes where he calls out Brady for his 4 INTS, pretty firmly I thought.

He lets Ocho off the hook for the INT (great defensive play) and calls out Ochocinco (quite properly) for dropping an eminently catchable pass.

At this point, I would say you (personally) are having a little trouble to interpret Bruschi's stance based upon clearly written English prose.

Perhaps you do better at guessing into the future?

He didn't read like a homer on this one.

Yeah, we know - we all saw the pick that bounced off Donald Jones hands into Kyle Arrington's open arms. Wonder if Brady* was too busy preening herself* on the sidelines to see the tackle Fitz laid on Arrington after his other pick?

I do like a QB who can lay down a respectable lick after a pick.

Hey that rhymes!

If Marcia* tackles Drayton Florence before he reaches the end zone, or at least tries to shove him out of bounds instead of cowering in fear, maybe the NE* defense has a chance to stop the Bills - or hold them to a field goal.

(The margin of victory was a field goal, no?)

Thank you, Tommy* :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

He didn't try to tackle Florence because he would have got lit up by Byrd.

He didn't try to tackle Florence because his tampon would've gotten knocked out and he would've sprained his uterus again.

LOL

I'd never have believed in a million years that I'd actually look forward to listening to Tedy Bruschi's analysis, but honest to dog, he's usually spot on and incredibly fair. The fact that he's now pouring it (ie, praise) on the Bills has put me over the top as a Bruschi Booster. Rather than looking at the Christ-like attention Tedy received back in the day as being about Bruschi himself I choose to associate it with Tom Donahoe and Marv Levy incompetence in the Front Office--- and heaven be praised those dark days are behind us. Now that the Pats streak is done, so too are the old headaches. Bruschi's alright... until he criticizes the Bills, of course ;)

LOL

I'd never have believed in a million years that I'd actually look forward to listening to Tedy Bruschi's analysis, but honest to dog, he's usually spot on and incredibly fair. The fact that he's now pouring it (ie, praise) on the Bills has put me over the top as a Bruschi Booster. Rather than looking at the Christ-like attention Tedy received back in the day as being about Bruschi himself I choose to associate it with Tom Donahoe and Marv Levy incompetence in the Front Office--- and heaven be praised those dark days are behind us. Now that the Pats streak is done, so too are the old headaches. Bruschi's alright... until he criticizes the Bills, of course ;)

I can even deal with Harrison now ever since he told Brady to take off the skirt and put pants on. :devil: I think these ex Pats players actually see the Pats organization from a different angle now that they are away from the team. The same angle all us fans have seen for many many years and realize that maybe BB, Brady and ole pink tie Kraft are a bunch of primadonna's.

Edited by Rayzer32

I can even deal with Harrison now ever since he told Brady to take off the skirt and put pants on. :devil: I think these ex Pats players actually see the Pats organization from a different angle now that they are away from the team. The same angle all us fans have seen for many many years and realize that maybe BB, Brady and ole pink tie Kraft are a bunch of primadonna's.

I agree. Wasn't it Ted Johnson that tried to sue BB and the Pats when his career was over because they forced him to play injured and take PEDs? I'm sure a book or two will be written at some point revealing how douchey and slimey the Pats' behind the scenes ops truly are.

Amazingly, the ball was thrown 85 times yesterday and there were no sacks. This is the new NFL. We are so lucky to have found the perfect QB for our team who not only knows how to play in today's game, but he excels in this style!

And that is going to hurt us...This defense needs to generate more pressure and sacks. Currently, they are playing a lot of containment.

And that is going to hurt us...This defense needs to generate more pressure and sacks. Currently, they are playing a lot of containment.

I agree, long term. Short term, I think they're really trying to focus on the fundamentals we lacked last year, containment and setting the edge.

And I'm not sure that's a Bad Thing.

I do feel a pass-rushing LB and some DB should be top draft priorities at this point.

Huh?

Ocho did drop that pass, but the Patriots still scored with ease on that drive. The Bills made good defensive plays on those interceptions, I wouldn't "blame" Brady for them, in fact, he played a hell of a game besides the handful of good defensive plays we had.

The offense for both teams did their jobs. The defenses of both teams are to blame/thank for the win, imo.

He didn't try to tackle Florence because he would have got lit up by Byrd.

IOW, she* cowered in fear - I guess you're agreeing?

BTW - Byrd is 200 lbs soaking wet and 5'10" in elevator shoes, Brady* is listed* as *6'4"/225* - and she's* afraid of gettin' "lit up" by Byrd? :w00t:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator