The perfect storm

This team has the feel of a bunch of things all happening correctly at the same time.....kind of like a family growing up together.....a feeling that is hard to put together with a bunch of high priced free agents (which would actually explain our lack of free agent activity?)

- First....at this point would it be fair to say that Buddy Nix (the architect of this whole thing) is pretty much a success as a GM so far and even if it is true that Ralph wouldn't open up the purse strings he still found a way to reshape this team? First and foremost....Nix is a great TALENT EVALUATOR....the guy knows football and he knows what it takes to win. His draft choices for the most part were correct......his choice of HC was correct.....whoever is coaching these offensive linemen....the receivers coach....Dave Wanstaddt......all non flashy but solid.

- Second.....the change in mentality of the team....gone are the undersized "tackle by numbers" players in are the large...."hit you and you go down" type players AND offensive players who gain yards after contact. Someone is teaching these players how to tackle...notice that? We are actually tackling guys and it isnt taking two or three guys attempting to make a tackle to get that done.

- Also missed in this are not only the new talent brought in but also the talent evaluation of players that were kept.......Fitzpatrick......Freddie Jackson.....Stevie Johnston......all examples of holdovers that past coaches and GM's might have sent packing. Not Buddy Nix.

Fitzpatrick....a late round drafted guy who in his very first game action brought a team back from a large deficit....we NEARLY cut this guy in favor of Brian Brohm (or maybe not..but it feels like we were going there) imagine that? We nearly CUT THIS GUY. But....as luck and smarts would have it we did not. This move is panning out now.

Freddie Jackson.....if we followed draft selection Freddie would have never been more then a camp fodder or backup guy while we drafted 1st round running backs....imagine that. Imagine if we had stayed with Marshawn Lynch or perhaps a RB we drafted along the line in past years and let freddie go? But we didn't.....and that is starting to pan out.

Stevie Johnston.....a SEVENTH ROUND PICK who sat on our bench (I friggen knew this guy had talent when we first got him) then we bring in Terrel Owens and drafted Hardy which did did nothing but slow down the development of this player......STEVIE ALMOST NEVER GOT HIS CHANCE with this team.....imagine that? Now look what he is doing.

If we had not traded Jason Peters (and I dont care what anyone says....right now Bell is outplaying him and for SURE the duo of Bell AND WOOD is outplaying his worth)......what would we have for center right now if Peters was still on the team? For the record....Bell has stoned Tamba Hali, Richard Seymore, and whoever the pass rushers are for the patriots.....Wood is a rock in the middle of that line....THIS COULD HAVE ENDED MUCH DIFFERENTLY

- What if we didnt get Scott Chandler?.....suppose it ended up being that other higher drafted TE the cowboys had (they have since cut)

I am probably missing a lot of players here but you get my point......we are seeing the perfect storm of being rewarded by having patience with players that other bills front office people might have not done so....and its paying off.

The bills are a winner again. We are undefeated and just bounced the mighty patriots.

I was talking to my brother about this very same topic a few nights ago. How can the Bills possibly be getting this lucky... to see nobodys all gelling at the same time? Jones, Nelson, Chandler, Bell, Pears, Rhinehart... who are all these people? And yet they are all playing great!

It makes me a little nervous... to be honest.

I was talking to my brother about this very same topic a few nights ago. How can the Bills possibly be getting this lucky... to see nobodys all gelling at the same time? Jones, Nelson, Chandler, Bell, Pears, Rhinehart... who are all these people? And yet they are all playing great!

I think some of it is luck and some of it is just a GM who has a direction....a plan of action if you will....and he does not deviate from it.

Buddy nix is making this dinner and the dinner is good.

This team has the feel of a bunch of things all happening correctly at the same time.....kind of like a family growing up together.....a feeling that is hard to put together with a bunch of high priced free agents (which would actually explain our lack of free agent activity?)

- First....at this point would it be fair to say that Buddy Nix (the architect of this whole thing) is pretty much a success as a GM so far and even if it is true that Ralph wouldn't open up the purse strings he still found a way to reshape this team? First and foremost....Nix is a great TALENT EVALUATOR....the guy knows football and he knows what it takes to win. His draft choices for the most part were correct......his choice of HC was correct.....whoever is coaching these offensive linemen....the receivers coach....Dave Wanstaddt......all non flashy but solid.

- Second.....the change in mentality of the team....gone are the undersized "tackle by numbers" players in are the large...."hit you and you go down" type players AND offensive players who gain yards after contact. Someone is teaching these players how to tackle...notice that? We are actually tackling guys and it isnt taking two or three guys attempting to make a tackle to get that done.

- Also missed in this are not only the new talent brought in but also the talent evaluation of players that were kept.......Fitzpatrick......Freddie Jackson.....Stevie Johnston......all examples of holdovers that past coaches and GM's might have sent packing. Not Buddy Nix.

Fitzpatrick....a late round drafted guy who in his very first game action brought a team back from a large deficit....we NEARLY cut this guy in favor of Brian Brohm (or maybe not..but it feels like we were going there) imagine that? We nearly CUT THIS GUY. But....as luck and smarts would have it we did not. This move is panning out now.

Freddie Jackson.....if we followed draft selection Freddie would have never been more then a camp fodder or backup guy while we drafted 1st round running backs....imagine that. Imagine if we had stayed with Marshawn Lynch or perhaps a RB we drafted along the line in past years and let freddie go? But we didn't.....and that is starting to pan out.

Stevie Johnston.....a SEVENTH ROUND PICK who sat on our bench (I friggen knew this guy had talent when we first got him) then we bring in Terrel Owens and drafted Hardy which did did nothing but slow down the development of this player......STEVIE ALMOST NEVER GOT HIS CHANCE with this team.....imagine that? Now look what he is doing.

If we had not traded Jason Peters (and I dont care what anyone says....right now Bell is outplaying him and for SURE the duo of Bell AND WOOD is outplaying his worth)......what would we have for center right now if Peters was still on the team? For the record....Bell has stoned Tamba Hali, Richard Seymore, and whoever the pass rushers are for the patriots.....Wood is a rock in the middle of that line....THIS COULD HAVE ENDED MUCH DIFFERENTLY

- What if we didnt get Scott Chandler?.....suppose it ended up being that other higher drafted TE the cowboys had (they have since cut)

I am probably missing a lot of players here but you get my point......we are seeing the perfect storm of being rewarded by having patience with players that other bills front office people might have not done so....and its paying off.

The bills are a winner again. We are undefeated and just bounced the mighty patriots.

Great Post!!! I like it when fan's aren't afraid to get behind their team...even if it does mean you MAY get your heart broken later. Too many D-bags on here afraid to be proven wrong or getting hurt :bag: if they start BILLieving. Again Great post keep up the good work!

( other notable players to go along with your point- David Nelson, and Donald Jones)

It's really bizarre. Nix seems to be doing great at finding talent and Chan seems to be getting the most out of them. But, how do we continue to turn out these guys? 7th rd. picks, undrafted players... it's unreal the level of production we're getting. Chan has always been regarded as an offensive guru, but he's taken it to another level at this point. 38 points a game... it's unreal.

Who says we "nearly CUT THIS GUY?" We may have nearly cut him in the shout box, but I never saw any indication from the Bills that they were. The guy in the kilt may have done this I admit though.

Who says we "nearly CUT THIS GUY?" We may have nearly cut him in the shout box, but I never saw any indication from the Bills that they were. The guy in the kilt may have done this I admit though.

Dog....go back to when we had Edwards, Brohm, and Fitz as the QB's in training camp and pre season....

Edwards was getting the starter reps.....Brohm and Fitz were splitting reps. That puts him at either the 2nd or 3rd position as a VETERAN guy.....

Given what we have done in cuts when it comes to veteran players Fitz could have EASILY been the odd man out, he wasn't looking good in preseason, and there was much talk of it that year.

I am just glad that it did not happen...I think the gods that it did not happen.

Dog....go back to when we had Edwards, Brohm, and Fitz as the QB's in training camp and pre season....

Edwards was getting the starter reps.....Brohm and Fitz were splitting reps. That puts him at either the 2nd or 3rd position as a VETERAN guy.....

Given what we have done in cuts when it comes to veteran players Fitz could have EASILY been the odd man out, he wasn't looking good in preseason, and there was much talk of it that year.

I am just glad that it did not happen...I think the gods that it did not happen.

I agree, JfH. I don't know if Fitz ever came close to even be considered to get cut, but he was BY FAR the worst QB in camp last season. I don't think he overly impressed at the OTAs before that, either.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

You're right, this really is like a family. A tight knit group getting better together at an unbelievable rate. Just luved it when Thurman gave Freddie that growling bear hug during his presser. A family of past and present moving forward together.

You're right, this really is like a family. A tight knit group getting better together at an unbelievable rate. Just luved it when Thurman gave Freddie that growling bear hug during his presser. A family of past and present moving forward together.

I loved that! Seriously, how often has anyone seen anything like that? It's amazing the feeling this team must have this week. I'm sure they do, but I really hope they realize that they're part of something so much bigger than themselves and their stat lines. I hope they can keep it rolling for another week.

Go Bills!

I think it has been kinda rough on our hall a famers like Kelly, Smith, Thurmal, Tasker, Talley etc etc

They want to back players that have been brought in on this team but it has been mismatched SOOOOO badly that every time they give a endorsement on a player they loook like crap.

I get the feeling that they KNOW what is happening with this team and are really wanting to climb on the train.