What's Wrong With Merriman

box0life

Four games and he has been basically invisable in all of them. This guy was a beast for the first two preseason games and now he is as fragile and unproductive as his last three years. As far as I'm concerned he has yet to earn a dime of his recent contract signing. If he has to be treated like a pansy all year for fear he is going to hurt himself then get him off the field. Football is not for pansies. What happened to all the hype about "I'm back". Watch out for "Lights out". Well as far as I'm concerned his light is as dim as ever. Perhaps somebody should light something under his candyass to get him going. Zero tackles today and no sacks in one of the biggest games of the regular season. Give me a break!!!!

Sorry to vent but we need this guy to perform. Believe me I'm as excited as can be about our start but we have 13 more games and I'm very concerned that this team will collapse unless we start putting some pressure on the Quarterback. I remember the 5-1 start in 2008 and we ended up 7-9. Without Brady's four thrown picks, the Bills get blown out today.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. The Bills played their second game against a crazy-good running attack (look what Oakland did against the Jests today). Today they played against a crazy-good passing game.

It seems like they intentionally held back the pass rush in both games. Merriman played alot of 1:1 against the tackle. There were no stunts, no moving him around, no delays. It was pretty vanilla. Against the Raiders, he set the edge. Against the Pats the Bills dropped back into coverage.

I wouldn't write off those interceptions so easily. The Bills got two red zone ints and a pick-six off a guy who threw 4 interceptions all of last season. And while doing this, they also stoned the Pats running game, which put more on the shoulders of Brady.

Very few teams are going to be able to put Brady on his back like so many of us would like to see. but, I think if you asked pretty boy himself, he'll tell you that the ints hurt way more than sacks.

Edited by jad1

Four games and he has been basically invisable in all of them. This guy was a beast for the first two preseason games and now he is as fragile and unproductive as his last three years. As far as I'm concerned he has yet to earn a dime of his recent contract signing. If he has to be treated like a pansy all year for fear he is going to hurt himself then get him off the field. Football is not for pansies. What happened to all the hype about "I'm back". Watch out for "Lights out". Well as far as I'm concerned his light is as dim as ever. Perhaps somebody should light something under his candyass to get him going. Zero tackles today and no sacks in one of the biggest games of the regular season. Give me a break!!!!

Sorry to vent but we need this guy to perform. Believe me I'm as excited as can be about our start but we have 13 more games and I'm very concerned that this team will collapse unless we start putting some pressure on the Quarterback. I remember the 5-1 start in 2008 and we ended up 7-9. Without Brady's four thrown picks, the Bills get blown out today.

If I hear one more person compare this team to the team we had in 2008 I'm going to puke. This team is completely different in ALL phases, most importantly coaching, talent, and facing teams that are actually going to finish stronger than 8-8. This IS a new era, BILLIEVE IT!!!

ugh. usually i try to give people the benefit doubt who take the less popular angle, but this is all kinds of fail. :wallbash:

Not in my book. You can ride along your pink cloud as long as you want but Welker and the Patriots moved up and down the field at will. Merriman has to be called out. That was not a good defense out there today.

He went to the locker room during the game and came back to play. I'm convinced his shoulder injury is actually more serious than anyone is letting on. I keep feeling it is similar to andre Davis last year who kept gutting it out with A shoulder no one really knew the full seriousness of until he was put on ir with a torn labrum - i' m hoping it doesn't come to that, but there's no way you can play your best with a seriously bad shoulder

Not in my book. You can ride along your pink cloud as long as you want but Welker and the Patriots moved up and down the field at will. Merriman has to be called out. That was not a good defense out there today.

:wallbash: You forget. THAT is how good teams win. They get the breaks, they make the breaks, they get lucky. When you are a good team, things like this happen for you. Go back over the history of the last 16 games with the Pats. Interceptions, fumbles, etc....all going their way. Today was our turn.

he had our only pressure on brady today. Guy played well. Was held by Solder at least 2 times I saw, one resulting in the TD to Welker to tie it up at the end. People need to stop expecting sacks and start looking at how teams are doubling him up, as happened again today (LT and RB). He's playing well. I suspect he'll sack sanchize a few times.

ha yes- Merriman got a great push all game, got held all game. He'll be fine

Absolutely agree with this, he had a good game and was repeatedly held. There was one rush where he came wide around Light and just barely lost his footing, and he just grabbed Brady around the knees while Marcia threw it away into the flat. If he didn't slip he would've completely blindsided Brady and probably crushed him.

I know, it's a big "if" but he looked pretty good, not great, today.

he had our only pressure on brady today. Guy played well. Was held by Solder at least 2 times I saw, one resulting in the TD to Welker to tie it up at the end. People need to stop expecting sacks and start looking at how teams are doubling him up, as happened again today (LT and RB). He's playing well. I suspect he'll sack sanchize a few times.

Agreed. He had the only pressure I saw on Brady.

Whether you think it was good or not, the Bills scored 24 points off of Brady's turnovers. Let's see, 3 or 4 sacks or 24 points off of turnovers? Yeah, I know which one I'd choose. Drop 7 or 8 back into coverage all day long.

My Book

By JohninMInn

-Table of Contents-

Chapter 1 - The Sky is Blue

Chapter 2 - The Grass is Green

Chapter 3 - The Earth is Round

Chapter 4 - TOM BRADY AND WES WELKER ARE AN EFFECTIVE QB/WR DUO

Chapter 5- Men and Women have their differences

Chapter 6 - March comes after February

Chapter 7 - Humans breathe air

I read that chapter. It was probably the least insightful of them all.