Byrds takle on Welker.....

Special K

The "defenseless receiver" rule is ONLY for an outstretched receiver, usually who doesn't catch the ball. Welker's play fit neither of those.

Untrue. The defenition of "defenseless receiver" was updated in May. A receiver who has not clearly become a runner even if both feet are on the ground is now considered defenseless.

Still don't agree with the call.

Untrue. The defenition of "defenseless receiver" was updated in May. A receiver who has not clearly become a runner even if both feet are on the ground is now considered defenseless.

Still don't agree with the call.

I need to see this rule change. And if true, the National Flagfootball league has arrived!

I didn't know defenders weren't allowed to tackle a player in the field of play....who knew.

Horrible call, but in the end it didn't hurt the Bills, thanks to Bryan Scott's awesome INT.

That can't really be a penalty right.....when are they going to start playing two hand touch??

One of many bad calls during the game; fortunately it didn't hurt us in the long run. The zebras were out of control out there today.

Pretty simple...it looked helmet to helmet in live action and you cant over turn penalties on replay. And as soon as the hit occured I said I hope they dont throw a flag cuz that looked helmet to helmet. People at home forget that refs dont get replays, slow motion, various angles to determine penalties. All they have to go on is how they percieved it in live action.

It was helmet-to-helmet...because Wee Wesley Welker ducked his head into the hit. With the zero-tolerance the league has for helmet-to-helmet contact, that should get called every time (it's nonsense, Byrd's tackle was great, even textbook...but that's the rule).

"Hitting a defenseless receiver"...if that was the call (my feed cut out around that play), that's laughable. If you can't hit a receiver in the position Welker was, you basically can't tackle them at all.

Flag wouldn't have left my pocket.

The DB had a hold of the wide receiver. Flag has to come out for that. The receiver can't make a play on the ball if the guy has his arm around him.

It was helmet-to-helmet...because Wee Wesley Welker ducked his head into the hit. With the zero-tolerance the league has for helmet-to-helmet contact, that should get called every time (it's nonsense, Byrd's tackle was great, even textbook...but that's the rule).

"Hitting a defenseless receiver"...if that was the call (my feed cut out around that play), that's laughable. If you can't hit a receiver in the position Welker was, you basically can't tackle them at all.

The more I watch this year I am starting to realize that they are trying to take hitting out of the game all together. Pretty soon it will be the wrap up and drag them down league. I think I'll start watching paint dry at that time.

The DB had a hold of the wide receiver. Flag has to come out for that. The receiver can't make a play on the ball if the guy has his arm around him.

I saw a WR not close to where the ball was thrown trying to get through a DB. Nelson did a great job selling it, and I'm happy we got the call. BTW I don't think that Usain Bolt had a chance to get to that one.

I am still chuckling over the officials' granting Brady both a complete scramble and half the distance to the goal on a defensive holding call. They may have scored anyway, but for the officials to put the ball on the 1/2 yard line instead of the 3 suggests that they were not thinking straight from the get-go.

But hey, the good guys won, so who cares? :thumbsup: