After we beat the Patriots on Sunday

Lv-Bills

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we rush the field, or the team acts like it won the Superbowl, I'll be disappointed in the team and the fans. Yes, we want to beat the Pats badly... but it's a week three game. Act like you've won a game before, prepare for the next week and move on. Celebrate after the season is over and we're hoisting a trophy above our heads.

Why is everyone saying it has to be later in the season? 1980 against Miami was opening day that the goalposts came down ... If they come down, they come down because things are going well for the Bills & I would love for that to be the case.

This.

Except the caption will say, "Lights Out. They're Back."

I like your caption better!

I'll be honest here. I felt very confident for the KC game, not so confident for the Raiders and I'm starting to feel very confident about this game. I have no real reason but just a feeling. I hope I'm right.

Stevie Johnson going up for a Buffalo Bounce!

The NFL loves the Divas...and he is the closest the Bills have got....

I would love to see a team snapshot of the "Nobodys"

Fitz, Jackson, Johnson, Jones, Nelson, Chandler, Bell (All undrafted or 7th round picks).

Teaching down here in Baltimore, even the usually harsh Ravens fans are rooting for us. Ive got my jersey on with pride again, instead of hoping no one asks me about it.

As for the picture....the look on Marsha's face will be worth 1,000 words for me.

ME TOO.. dunno if it will be the Jim Kelly 75th anniversary or the Thurman Thomas 75th anniversary :P

FITZPATRICK is the only logical choice- he's the QB and if you beat Tom Brady, then it must be the Harvard grad. The public know of him a lot more than the others unfortunately...

If we rush the field, or the team acts like it won the Superbowl, I'll be disappointed in the team and the fans. Yes, we want to beat the Pats badly... but it's a week three game. Act like you've won a game before, prepare for the next week and move on. Celebrate after the season is over and we're hoisting a trophy above our heads.

We've won games before just not too many against the Patricheats in the last decade. If, or should I say WHEN we win, it will be a huge monkey off our backs and cause for celebration. I, for one, think it would be cool as hell. Bring down the goalposts!!

A pic of a very determined Freddy running through Pat defenders vainly trying to bring him down.

We need to remember that this is only 1 game of the season.

Remember the opener in 2003? Sam Adams made that great run. We WON, but we LOST the rematch later, and by the same score!

Would it be great to win? Of Course! But the Playoffs require more than 1 win. Hopefully the BILLS will Win AND stay focused for all of the remaining games.

GO BILLS!

We shall see.

I suspect the fans will rush the field but the goons will box out the goal posts, Once they get Marsha to the tunnel.

I doubt they use tear gas.

My Directv broadcast cuts out as soon as the game goes final so I won't get to see it.

The cover could be SJ13 running around with the fans on the field. Headline is "Overdue Bills"

OKay.

Now Freddie waving the flag.

"Overdue Bills"

The Bills might be their NFL story in that weeks issue, but I doubt the cover.

MLB playoffs will be starting next week, so the cover will probably be about that. not many people outside of Buffalo really care about them beating the Patriots.

APUS - Not at all calling you out, so that's not why I'm posting this. However, don't underestimate that baseball, outside of a few cities in America (Boston, New York, St Louis), really isn't all that popular anymore. I never hear anyone talking baseball....period. It will soon be a regional thing kind of like hockey and basketball, whereas, if your team is good, people will pay attention, and if they aren't, no one really cares. You can see this in most baseball cities where you have to have a carnival or concert going in, in addition to the game, for people to want to buy tickets.

Football is on it's own level in the US. And the NFL, which has no equal, is only slightly challenged, by, not one of the other pro leagues, but instead college football.

Our Bills are the story this week. I'm not sure we are more justified than the Detroit Lions, but the perfect storm of us being 3-0 with two dramatic wins (and beating NE) got us the cover this week. I love it.

:beer:

APUS - Actually, I think you are kinda correct. I think the Bills cover is a regional cover. I think there are a bunch of covers this week, and most of them are regional. It looks like the their are all kinds of covers this week covering football, baseball, college football, etc.

So, everyone wins here. EVERYONE was right. LOL. WOOHOO.

:beer:

That doesn't happen often.