Nice Stat from Bills Daily........

Buffalo Mike1

Stats like this are comedic. Here's another one:

-- The Bills are unbeaten in games this season in which Rian Lindell kicks five PATs.

Gameplan: Score five TDs so Lindell has the opportunity for that many PATs.

Edited by eball

-- The Bills are unbeaten in games this season in which Rian Lindell kicks five PATs.

They are also unbeaten when they score more points.

Freddie Jackson is THE WHIP! All YE OLE heard last week from Raider Nation and the national media was how that front 7 was going to lock it down. They're mean, they're physical, they'll push us around. And this week all we hear is how badly the Raider defense played. Gave us the game even. I suppose they were just in a generous mood while Freddie was running all over them.

comedic is ignoring this one important stat.

You can't deny that when a Bills RB gains over 115 yards per game and the passing game is decent the Bills or any team for that matter will win 90% of the time.

What's comedic is flaunting passing yards as a GOOD stat.

Statistics can be manipulated or purposefully misleading, but that does not make all statistics equally irrelevant. The idea that the Bills have a greater tendency to win when Fred Jackson successfully runs the ball seems relevant to me. As a comparison, Adrian Peterson rushed for over 100 yards five times last year. In those games, the Vikings were 3-2. McFadden's Raiders were 4-2 when he went over 100 yards in 2010. Last year, the Bills were 3-0 when Fred Jackson picked up 100 yards on the ground. This may indicate that Jackson's success running the football has a greater connection to the Bills' success as a team than other running backs performing the same feat.

It may be that when the Bills win, they tend to run out the clock using Fred Jackson (or that Fred Jackson runs better when his team has the lead than other running backs) and therefore causality works in the opposite direction. But then wouldn't all teams do that? I think the better explanation is that a successful running game has a stronger effect on the Bills than other teams.

It took me a while to calculate this, but I found that over the course of 50+ seasons, the Bills have a perfect record, completely undefeated, in games in which they score at least one more point than their opponent. Both at home AND on the road. If that's not a mark of consistency, I don't know what is.