Patriots are unbeatable . . .

Dr. K

To read all the reports on Brady and Belichick and the Pats the NFL should just forget about playing the games and put them in the Super Bowl right now. They are bulletproof, Brady is God, Woodhead is unstoppable, Gronkowski and Welker eat linebackers and defensive backs for lunch, they never make a mistake, and all this is proven by the fact that they have won the Super Bowl the last nine years in a row.

Oh, wait . . . you say they've lost their last three playoff games? That's impossible!

I am so sick of hearing about New England. What I wouldn't give to see a Bills victory Sunday.

To read all the reports on Brady and Belichick and the Pats the NFL should just forget about playing the games and put them in the Super Bowl right now. They are bulletproof, Brady is God, Woodhead is unstoppable, Gronkowski and Welker eat linebackers and defensive backs for lunch, they never make a mistake, and all this is proven by the fact that they have won the Super Bowl the last nine years in a row.

Oh, wait . . . you say they've lost their last three playoff games? That's impossible!

I am so sick of hearing about New England. What I wouldn't give to see a Bills victory Sunday.

Heh. Know what you mean, Dr K.

What seems to get missed from the hype is the Patriots D. Who is their best pass rusher? Who is their shutdown corner? How are their linebackers in coverage?

Guess we'll find out on Sunday!

Even if the Bills win it will be that Brady had a bad day. Not that the Bills played well. Funny, yet sad.

You are close but here is how the definitions go:

Brady is Jesus Christ or Golden Boy (take your pick)

God WAS Tedy Bruschi (remember he could raise from the dead, make tackles and save puppies all at the same time?)

Belicheat is "son of Satan" or the "spawn from Hell" (again, take your pick)

The Cheatriots are the only team (Miami doesn't count) to go 19-0 (I have SEEN the tee shirts...funny but only in Indonesia?)

They NEVER lose even if the score looks that way after the gun sounds.

As Berman would say, "That's why they (don't need to) PLAY the GAME!" I am sure I can find a sound clip of that quote somewhere. I mean, he must have said it....we are talking about New England.

:blush:

Not sure what "all the reports" are that you are reading, but most of the reports I have seen mention that the Pats defense isn't all that great. I have read where the offense if pretty much unstoppable, and so far it has been. Not sure where you read all that other crap about Woodhead, Gronkowski and Welker, kinda think you are exaggerating a little bit. That team can be beaten, and it can be beaten by the Bills, but the Bills have to play a complete game, not just a half of a game by the offense and the defense has to show up alot better then they did against the Raiders the entire game. Fingers crossed, I would love to see an upset, but if they can make it competitive the whole game, that will at least show that this team really is making progress in the right direction.

You are close but here is how the definitions go:

Brady is Jesus Christ or Golden Boy (take your pick)

God WAS Tedy Bruschi (remember he could raise from the dead, make tackles and save puppies all at the same time?)

Belicheat is "son of Satan" or the "spawn from Hell" (again, take your pick)

The Cheatriots are the only team (Miami doesn't count) to go 19-0 (I have SEEN the tee shirts...funny but only in Indonesia?)

They NEVER lose even if the score looks that way after the gun sounds.

As Berman would say, "That's why they (don't need to) PLAY the GAME!" I am sure I can find a sound clip of that quote somewhere. I mean, he must have said it....we are talking about New England.

:blush:

I understand your humor, but the Dolphins didn't go 19-0, there were only 14 regular season games back when they went undefeated.

If you don't think they are a favorite by a wide margin for a reason than I don't know what to say.... It's not an insult to us but a compliment to a team that's been great for a decade. Beatable? Of course. Expected to lose? rarely if ever.

Even if the Bills win it will be that Brady had a bad day. Not that the Bills played well. Funny, yet sad.

Truth. We hear about how Brady was just unbelieveable lighting it up, not how Miami's D apparently couldn't stop a nosebleed and how San Diego choked themselves by turning the ball over 4 times, 3 times inside the 35 for 17 Patriots points.

Some interesting statistics on D:

| | Bills | Patriots |

Yards allowed per game | 333.5 (14th) | 479 (31st) |

Scrimmage Plays on D | 119 (9th) | 139 (31st) |

Penalty Yards | 88 (11th) | 104 (15th) |

3rd down conversion allowed | 44% (24th) | 46% (25th |

On O of course we know the Pats are leading the league in YPG by a wide margin (563 to our 422.5). But that's almost the same gap (reversed) in yards allowed per game.

| | Bills | Patriots |

Scrimmage Plays on O | 137 (7th) | 138 (5th) |

Penalty Yards | 56 (2nd) | 130 (26th) |

3rd down conversion made | 44% (9th) | 62% (2nd) |

Bottom line: Brady has been soaring high, but the Patriots defense is vulnerable. They do stiffen on 3rd down though.

Hopeful's Keys to the Game from these stats:

1) Ball security. Don't turn it over. Fitz: don't force it.

2) Ball control. Convert 3rd downs. Keep the ball. Win the TOP battle.

3) Don't be dumb. Exploit the penalty gap

4) One lucky break - a critical 3rd down stop, a turnover we exploit, a blocked punt

Please note that blitzing Brady is not on the list. Don't mean to Dis us but I don't see the ability to cover M2M to allow effective blitzing of Tommy-Gun.

Pressure, I agree, is important but we need to bring it with 3-4 guys.

I guarantee if the Bills D doesn't show up at all or the Bills O turns the ball over 3-4 times, we will lose.

It won't be the Patriots win. It will be our loss no matter what the Talking Heads opine.

PS if anyone can advise me how to create or insert an actual table or tabular format here, I'd be obliged.

Edited by Hopeful

If you don't think they are a favorite by a wide margin for a reason than I don't know what to say.... It's not an insult to us but a compliment to a team that's been great for a decade. Beatable? Of course. Expected to lose? rarely if ever.

Where did I say they didn't deserve to be the favorite?

Not sure what "all the reports" are that you are reading, but most of the reports I have seen mention that the Pats defense isn't all that great. I have read where the offense if pretty much unstoppable, and so far it has been. Not sure where you read all that other crap about Woodhead, Gronkowski and Welker, kinda think you are exaggerating a little bit. That team can be beaten, and it can be beaten by the Bills, but the Bills have to play a complete game, not just a half of a game by the offense and the defense has to show up alot better then they did against the Raiders the entire game. Fingers crossed, I would love to see an upset, but if they can make it competitive the whole game, that will at least show that this team really is making progress in the right direction.

I understand your humor, but the Dolphins didn't go 19-0, there were only 14 regular season games back when they went undefeated.

yes, by not counting I MEANT they were not 19-0 but whatever....

Then when it's over and we win, the reports and power rankings will be this:

Rat Face Clayton: The Bills got an early Christmas present as Brady was said to be sick hence an off day. Buffalo still barely won. Rank #10

If the Bills win, who gives a rat's ass what those people say? Really, does it affect anything? They can say that an imposter was in Brady's uniform, and if the Bills win it won't make me feel any less excited.

The Patriots are not unbeatable for many reasons already discussed, but I'd throw in one more, just for fun.

Uniform Change Theory. It's clearly at work in Buffalo.

If you are a failure, do a wholesale change to your uniform, and success follows. See mid 90s Patriots, late 90s Denver Broncos, mid 90s Tampa Bay Buccaneers, late 90s Titans, 00s Seattle Seahawks, current Arizona Cardinals, Detroit Lions. If you are a success, change your uniform, and misfortune follows. See early 00s Rams when they switched from the LA colors to the maize and navy. See the Seattle Seahawks significantly altering their uniforms for the 2008 and 2009 seasons with lime jerseys.

There are many examples around the league, including the Bills. You do not mess with the cosmic forces of the uniform (and not the conspiracy of the NFL to sell jerseys and merch, don't be silly) when you are successful. You do not change the jerseys you wear to numerous AFC Championships and Super Bowl appearances. You do change the jerseys if you miss the playoffs for over a decade.

It's going to be a weird season. It'll get even more weird on Sunday when the Bills beat the Patriots, due in part, to these forces in action.

Truth. We hear about how Brady was just unbelieveable lighting it up, not how Miami's D apparently couldn't stop a nosebleed and how San Diego choked themselves by turning the ball over 4 times, 3 times inside the 35 for 17 Patriots points.

| | Bills | Patriots |

On O of course we know the Pats are leading the league in YPG by a wide margin (563 to our 422.5). But that's almost the same gap (reversed) in yards allowed per game.

| | Bills | Patriots |

Bottom line: Brady has been soaring high, but the Patriots defense is vulnerable. They do stiffen on 3rd down though.

4) One lucky break - a critical 3rd down stop, a turnover we exploit, a blocked punt

Please note that blitzing Brady is not on the list. Don't mean to Dis us but I don't see the ability to cover M2M to allow effective blitzing of Tommy-Gun.

I guarantee if the Bills D doesn't show up at all or the Bills O turns the ball over 3-4 times, we will lose.

It won't be the Patriots win. It will be our loss no matter what the Talking Heads opine.

PS if anyone can advise me how to create or insert an actual table or tabular format here, I'd be obliged.

good analysis, I like what the number say = basically, we're even

I'll take the win. Who cares what the media says if we win? It won't matter. We will be 3-0 and on our way to a playoff run.

| | Bills | Patriots |

| | Bills | Patriots |

I'm not a big stat person, but I wonder where we'll be ranked after all the calls that will go against us in this game maybe 25th or lower.