Patriots are unbeatable . . .

Dr. K

The national media types I've seen/read are predicting a track meet for obvious reasons. Both Offenses are scoring a lot of points. Both defenses have some weaknesses.

Given the following facts, most the national guys are justifiably expecting the Pats to edge the Bills in a close high-scoring game:

* The Bills haven't beat the Pats since Fitz was studying for Economics 101

* Brady has been amazing so far this year.

* Whatever their flaws, the Pats usually win no matter who they are playing.

The way to silence our critics is to keep winning.

The Pats should be favored given their Coach, QB, recent Win-Loss record overall and against the Bills. But as I wrote earlier, many expect a track meet. Here are a couple typical predictions from PFT:

Patriots at Bills

Florio’s take: The Patriots have beaten the Bills 15 straight times. New England coach Bill Belichick said that the guys who won most of those games will be watching the latest installment of the rivalry on TV. But not Tom Brady. One of the greatest quarterbacks of all time is playing like a guy who thinks he can retire someday as the consensus greatest of all time.

Florio’s pick: Patriots 35, Bills 27.

Rosenthal’s take: Raiders-Bills last week felt like an old AFL shootout. Patriots-Bills should be more of the same, except the old AFL Patriots weren’t very good. This New England group, even without Aaron Hernandez, can win shootouts with anyone.

Rosenthal’s pick: Patriots 38, Bills 31.

The Pats should be favored given their Coach, QB, recent Win-Loss record overall and against the Bills. But as I wrote earlier, many expect a track meet. Here are a couple typical predictions from PFT:

Patriots at Bills

Florio’s take: The Patriots have beaten the Bills 15 straight times. New England coach Bill Belichick said that the guys who won most of those games will be watching the latest installment of the rivalry on TV. But not Tom Brady. One of the greatest quarterbacks of all time is playing like a guy who thinks he can retire someday as the consensus greatest of all time.

Florio’s pick: Patriots 35, Bills 27.

Rosenthal’s take: Raiders-Bills last week felt like an old AFL shootout. Patriots-Bills should be more of the same, except the old AFL Patriots weren’t very good. This New England group, even without Aaron Hernandez, can win shootouts with anyone.

Rosenthal’s pick: Patriots 38, Bills 31.

that's pretty much the safe pick every writer is leaning towards...for all the reasons described in this thread, if you're a media type, you're gonna predict a high-scoring game and have Pats win it by a touchdown. If i had a sports column or site, i'd lay down a bunt on this one too. If you're wrong, it's much easier for your monday column to say "wow, the Bills have matured faster than i thought" than to say "oops...i got on the Bills' bandwagon too soon..."

Only one i've seen predicting a flat out victory for the Bills is Colin Cowherd...