October Positional Needs

Astrobot

DraftTek is going to run amok (or did they say, run a mock?) next Monday night, and I am soliciting positional needs. Here is what we had in September: Turn your speakers down--Mucinex ad

P1=top priority (but can only designate 1)

P2=high priority (can designate as many as you wish)

P3

P4

P6=low priority, but interested in BPA's if our needs are met

P9=don't pick these positions unless they are the BPA

I am proposing QB remain at P2, along with RT.

Lower TE to P3

Keep LT at P3

Raise OG to P3

DE, ILB keep at P4

Lower Safety to P6

Raise CB to P2

I'll keep updating the positional needs all week according to discussion, but they won't show up

on the site. We'll finalize Sunday night--after the shellacking of the Pats.

Astro

If the draft falls whereby the Bills have a bonified OLT on the table, that trumps ORT every day and twice on Sunday!! A pass rushing OLB is a must in a 3-4 alignment, so I'd look hard and fast at that option too. Obviously, I've NOT mentioned QB yet, howeever, a QB to groom like Weeden or Foles would be a good add later on!

I don't think you should keep all 3 WR positions at 9. I would raise one of them to 4 or at worst 6... going into next year we are looking at Johnson, Nelson, Jones, Roosevelt, Aiken. Easley may not return, Parrish probably won't. I would drop QB to 3, and I would not lower both safety spots to 6... probably keep SS at 4. Agree with your other moves.

If the draft falls whereby the Bills have a bonified OLT on the table, that trumps ORT every day and twice on Sunday!! A pass rushing OLB is a must in a 3-4 alignment, so I'd look hard and fast at that option too. Obviously, I've NOT mentioned QB yet, however, a QB to groom like Weeden or Foles would be a good add later on!

If I set LT and RT at P2, then the computer will take the LT virtually all the time. So that'll work. A RD1 example around pick #11 would be LT Jonathan Martin from Stanford. Kalil would be gone at #11, and Datko will move up to the #15-20 range.

OLB34 can be set to P2 as well. Coples, Jenkins, Paige-Moss would be RD1 examples right now, but it's a long season. Vinny Curry or Devin Taylor would be RD2 examples, and you'd still want to use the P2.

QB, if we do P4, could pick up one of these these guys in RD3(look in the #77-#133 range). One could work their way into Round 2 (like Ponder last draft).

So, LT and RT=P2, OLB34 is set at P2, and QB is at P4 right now.

I don't think you should keep all 3 WR positions at 9. I would raise one of them to 4 or at worst 6... going into next year we are looking at Johnson, Nelson, Jones, Roosevelt, Aiken. Easley may not return, Parrish probably won't. I would drop QB to 3, and I would not lower both safety spots to 6... probably keep SS at 4. Agree with your other moves.

DraftTek has 3 settings for WR's, and I can change just one...but which one?

WRF is the featured receiver, like Stevie or Nelson-Jones. Maybe we don't need a WRF. P9.

WRP is a possession receiver, like Josh Reed was. The closest approximation was Roosevelt This should be P6 (or P1 if you want Alshon Jeffery).

WRS is a speed receiver, like the rookie that burned us deep in the last game, or Parrish. This could be P4 or 6 (or P1 if you want Broyles).

Edited by Astrobot

DraftTek has 3 settings for WR's, and I can change just one...but which one?

WRF is the featured receiver, like Stevie or Nelson-Jones. Maybe we don't need a WRF. P9.

WRP is a possession receiver, like Josh Reed was. The closest approximation was Roosevelt This should be P6 (or P1 if you want Alshon Jeffery).

WRS is a speed receiver, like the rookie that burned us deep in the last game, or Parrish. This could be P4 or 6 (or P1 if you want Broyles).

I don't see the Bills' mgmt making receiver a P1; I just see them looking to add competition beyond what we have now. I think it is a little too early in the season to predict our top priority.

I think that our positional needs are starting to become more apparent

- Pass rusher......we need another "get after a QB" LB that will be able to do the things on the team that this coaching staff WONT allow Moates to do. I am actually kinda hoping they change their mind on this so we can go to another draft position early

- Secondary...we need at least one more quality corner...Mgee appears to be done and McKelven is well.....

- Offensive line......Bells doing awesome as is Pears.....Hairston is waiting in the wings.......but I think we need one more guy that can play the OT positions.

I don't see the Bills' mgmt making receiver a P1; I just see them looking to add competition beyond what we have now. I think it is a little too early in the season to predict our top priority.

Your profile name suggests that you think changing strategies and personnel is advantageous, and perhaps attractive or downright fun. I'll be soliciting feedback on a monthly basis because DraftTek wants me to, and people here like to talk about the team.

CB P1

NT P2

Everybody else P3.

That you, Jauron? :ph34r:

i'm very mixed on Aaron Williams at this point. McKelvin hasn't been great in coverage, but better than people give him credit for (Wilson was at fault for the one bomb that Campbell completed). I am also not sold on Searcy, so a 2nd or 3rd round corner/safety may be a wise pick. A rush backer would be a huge thing as well, but an upgrade over Kelsay would be nice at the Sam spot. Another OT, I think shoould be top priority especially with Fitz earning his way into a new contract).

I would also move Kicker to a P6 as Lindell hasn't impressed me this year to this point.

I'm still getting a feel, for the priority for a 3-4 DE.

I'd still put OLB at P3 or P2.

I don't care if Merriman is healthy he is an injury risk and you can never have too many rushers in a 3-4, on passing downs you have the blitz from all over.

exactly what has to be changed to make Vontaze Burfict our pick?

VB is really a beast. but i dont see this staff liking a guy like him. he loses his cool so easily that other teams bait him all game and he will make 2 big plays forcing a 3rd and long then do some bone headed thing for a penalty giving up a first down. and i think hes got some off the field troubles. a little immature.

hopefully he shapes up cause he could be amazing. erickson says hes ray lewis 2.0

manti TE'o is also out there

donta hightower too

Based on our new inputs, here is an early simulation with the Bills drafting #18:

RD1 Brandon Jenkins OLB34 Florida State

RD2 Mike Adams OT Ohio State

RD3 Shaun Prater CB Iowa

RD4 Nicolas Jean-Baptiste DT34 Baylor

RD4 Nick Foles QB Arizona

RD5 Izaan Cross DE34 Georgia Tech

RD6 Anthony Miller TE California

RD7 Jarius Wright WRS Arkansas

I'd be happy with that result!

Astro