Roscoe Out

Jdragon2

When I think of Parrish I think of players like Losman McGahee, Evans, McCargo, Everett, J. Reed, Whitner, and Dockery. Players that were overrated and just gave you a sick to your stomach feeling. When I think of those guys I think of 2005-2008, what I like to call the "bleh years." I think Roscoe Parrish is the last link on our team of the "bad luck players." it's hard to describe, really. When I look at our team, for once I actually like just about every player that put on a bills uniform in 2011, with the exception of McGee. Heck, even Kelsay looks improved this year.

What Im really trying to say as I type this is that Parrish and McGee just give me a bad vibe(maybe it's just bad memories) when I see them on the field or when I see their name on the depth chart. When I see all the other players on the team, I feel optimistic.

Can I get an amen or am I just crazy?

Edited by Bills!Win!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I think of Parrish I think of players like Losman McGahee, Evans, McCargo, Everett, J. Reed, Whitner, and Dockery. Players that were overrated and just gave you a sick to your stomach feeling. When I think of those guys I think of 2005-2008, what I like to call the "bleh years." I think Roscoe Parrish is the last link on our team of the "bad luck players." it's hard to describe, really. When I look at our team, for once I actually like just about every player that put on a bills uniform in 2011, with the exception of McGee. Heck, even Kelsay looks improved this year.

What Im really trying to say as I type this is that Parrish and McGee just give me a bad vibe(maybe it's just bad memories) when I see them on the field or when I see their name on the depth chart. When I see all the other players on the team, I feel optimistic.

Can I get an amen or am I just crazy?

What about Chris Kelsay?

What about Chris Kelsay?

"Heck, even Kelsay looks improved this year."

Meaning he doesn't make me sick to my stomach like certain other players. Don't get me wrong, he's a good run-stopper on some days and supposedly a great leader, and I think he's overpayed, but I'm starting to like him(a little)

2010 Bills: With Parrish 0-8, Without Parrish 4-4.

I've always liked Roscoe for his punt returning, but as a wide receiver he's never done it for me. I have a lot of respect for the guy for his toughness; running over the middle and getting his clock cleaned by guys nearly twice his size all the time. A lot of people would say he was never able to realize his full potential as a WR, but I would argue that he did. He was able to make some big plays, but I just don't think he has the skills to be a game changer on a consistent basis, and I don't think he ever did. I'll miss his punt returns though. He was the best any of us will ever see. Out of the hundreds of punts he's returned I can't recall a time he dropped a punt, nor a time when he failed to break the first tackle.

This brings up 2 points to me:

1. It seems the bills are really quick to drop players on IR for a 4-6 week injury. They did it a few times last year as I recall (Parrish, Batten, Davis and probably more). Granted they are mostly role or reserve players, but it seems too reactionary to me. I don't have any knowledge of the severity of injuries other than what I read online, but it is just a consistent impression I get from this front office.

2. I think the new CBA should have had some alteration to the IR policy----like a 4 week or 8 week mini-IR where the guys don't count towards the roster, but they can come back later when they get well. Sort of like the PUP in preseason.

Its just ridiculous to lose a year for the player, team, and fans for a relatively minor injury.

The Bills have shown that they know how to evaluate players' injuries. There was a hue and cry over Poz and Crowell being placed on IR, but they proved right.

As for modifying IR, I agree. Maybe give teams an in-season IR (so you can't stash them going into the season) for a limited number of players (maybe 4 or 5).

The Bills have shown that they know how to evaluate players' injuries. There was a hue and cry over Poz and Crowell being placed on IR, but they proved right.

As for modifying IR, I agree. Maybe give teams an in-season IR (so you can't stash them going into the season) for a limited number of players (maybe 4 or 5).

The AFL did this -Reg. season mini IR. Problem was, when the player was ready to come back of the Injury List, he had to be subjected to the waiver wire. -Welcome to Buffalo, Jack Kemp!