I think everyone should switch their avatar....

taterhill

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My avatar won't upload either, it doesn't show an x, but it shows the outline of the picture and then disappears. Can someone help?

172792[/snapback]

Keith,

Look at the top of the TBD page at the pinned threads. SDS has one where he explains what you need to do. Shouldn't take you more than a minute.

i am not switching  might be bad luck , plus it makes my head spin and i have been sick 5 days still feel like sh-- . been on med 2 days

172678[/snapback]

That's ok mead107. Take my approach. I feel like chit too - I'm recovering from surgery, but know we still need more cowbell! ;)

Leslie West is a great guitar player.

171837[/snapback]

He was the lead vocal and guitar, but bassist Felix Pappalardi really produced the music... that pounding beat. He also produced Cream before joining Mountain. He also produced one of my favorite southern/gospel/rock obscure bands - Mylon LeFevre and the Holy Smoke Doo-dah band. Please don't ask how or why I know this stuff!

I had a Leslie West LP (pre-Mountain) that was not as good. West was a great guitarist who needed good production (some would call it more cowbell) to shine! :devil:

Mountain Climbing is one of the classic early heavy metal records.

He was the lead vocal and guitar, but bassist Felix Pappalardi really produced the music... that pounding beat. He also produced Cream before joining Mountain. He also produced one of my favorite southern/gospel/rock obscure bands - Mylon LeFevre and the Holy Smoke Doo-dah band. Please don't ask how or why I know this stuff!

I had a Leslie West LP (pre-Mountain) that was not as good. West was a great guitarist who needed good production (some would call it more cowbell) to shine!  :lol:

Mountain Climbing is one of the classic early heavy metal records.

176285[/snapback]

Alot of the great ones need someone to reign them in. Thanks for the reference. I'll see if I can find the 8 track! :angry:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

I AM ON BOARD, BABY!!!!!

A UNIQUE AVATAR (for a nice change!)

Very confrontational, I might add :P

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great...the percussion section's filled out.  Now we need strings and some woodwinds...  :P

177637[/snapback]

Something about the string section and "band" has me a little jumpy... I keep thinking about that Woody Allen scene (as a kid) where he attempted to play in the "band" as a cello player... He kept stopping, sitting down, only to keep picking up his chair as the band moved on. Too funny!

What movie was that again? Brighton Beach Memoirs?

:doh::D