Michelle obama

erynthered

How dare they let a black woman out of the kitchen, let alone travel to another country?

Maybe if she spent more time cooking in the kitchen instead of eating out of it she'd look better. Sorry. Couldn't resist

I think Michelle Obama's disgraceful. Her fake, "see I'm roughing it like ya'll" trip to Target was about as non-transparent as it gets. It was a fake trip made by an elitist who's a complete phony and who could care less about Americans who are suffering economically.

Yeah, she's got weight issues. Look around idiot.

Even a idiot like me can put two and two together. In case you haven't noticed, she's the one going around preaching good health and eating well. Scolding restaurants about portions. Telling MacDonalds what they should be serving. She obviously doesn't have a clue how and doesn't follow her own advice.

Edited by Dante

Even a idiot like me can put two and two together. In case you haven't noticed, she's the one going around preaching good health and eating well. Scolding restaurants about portions. Telling MacDonalds what they should be serving. She obviously doesn't have a clue how and doesn't follow her own advice.

Because she ate food on a cooking show.

Look at Michelle Obama. Look at the population. Tell me who has an eating problem.

I think Michelle Obama's disgraceful. Her fake, "see I'm roughing it like ya'll" trip to Target was about as non-transparent as it gets. It was a fake trip made by an elitist who's a complete phony and who could care less about Americans who are suffering economically.

Based on what? Your dislike for her personally? Your dislike for Obama? Your dislike for the left?

I'm going to guess that you have nothing substantive to back up this claim; you're just throwing ad hominems around like fact.

So...when you critically discussed with her the plight of the less fortunate and she told you that she hated the poor and became disgusted at the thought of anyone less fortunate than her, did she say it with a smirk, a laugh, a giggle, a smile, straight-faced, bemused, enthusiastically, quietly...what?

Oh that's right, she didn't say that to you. So you would rather assume disingenuousness in everything that she does. That way, you don't have to acknowledge that she may be caring and sincere, which allows you to continue to hate her unjustifiably.

If she didn't do anything, make any appearances, speak at all, appear at engagements, have a cause that she championed...you'd call her lazy, disconnected, and out-of-touch (you may do that anyway). You'd probably juxtapose Michelle with other First Ladys. We'd hear you wax [un]poetically about how Laura Bush went to schools and read, and Nancy Reagan was a regular at YMCAs.

But you can't do that now. Michelle is active and engaging in the community. So you're left with one play....the play that allows you to discount her. You just say she's "insincere."

Gotcha.

Based on what? Your dislike for her personally? Your dislike for Obama? Your dislike for the left?

I'm going to guess that you have nothing substantive to back up this claim; you're just throwing ad hominems around like fact.

So...when you critically discussed with her the plight of the less fortunate and she told you that she hated the poor and became disgusted at the thought of anyone less fortunate than her, did she say it with a smirk, a laugh, a giggle, a smile, straight-faced, bemused, enthusiastically, quietly...what?

Oh that's right, she didn't say that to you. So you would rather assume disingenuousness in everything that she does. That way, you don't have to acknowledge that she may be caring and sincere, which allows you to continue to hate her unjustifiably.

If she didn't do anything, make any appearances, speak at all, appear at engagements, have a cause that she championed...you'd call her lazy, disconnected, and out-of-touch (you may do that anyway). You'd probably juxtapose Michelle with other First Ladys. We'd hear you wax [un]poetically about how Laura Bush went to schools and read, and Nancy Reagan was a regular at YMCAs.

But you can't do that now. Michelle is active and engaging in the community. So you're left with one play....the play that allows you to discount her. You just say she's "insincere."

Gotcha.

As stupid a complaint as I think "Michelle Obama shopped at Target! Poser!" is, I think it's equally stupid to oversell it as "Michelle Obama is active in the community and cares about the poor!" is equally stupid.

But don't let that stop you from thinking that everyone else is dogmatic, and you're rational. I like irony.

Gotcha.

The Washington Post of all places called her out for creating a fake TMZ moment (in coordination with the AP) to dull the backlash of her million dollar trip to Africa. She goes on a lavish trip to Spain when I'm sure there was a suitable and less pricy US destination which could have used the influx of money. She is a disgrace. At least her husband is personable. Michelle acts like her life is a living hell while there are people living in tent cities throughout the country. I honestly think I'll be more happy when she leaves over her husband.

Edited by 1billsfan

As stupid a complaint as I think "Michelle Obama shopped at Target! Poser!" is, I think it's equally stupid to oversell it as "Michelle Obama is active in the community and cares about the poor!" is equally stupid.

But don't let that stop you from thinking that everyone else is dogmatic, and you're rational. I like irony.

Considering that I live in Potomac, MD (a suburb of DC), and she has visited elementary, and middle schools in the area - in addition to the fact that she has visited local bookstores, community centers, Boys and Girls club in Montgomery County, (I believe Fairfax County as well), et cetera - I feel confident in my assertion that "she has been active in the community."

But don't let that stop you from thinking that you're quick-witted and perceptive while others are mis-informed. I, too, can appreciate incongruity.

Considering that I live in Potomac, MD (a suburb of DC), and she has visited elementary, and middle schools in the area - in addition to the fact that she has visited local bookstores, community centers, Boys and Girls club in Montgomery County, (I believe Fairfax County as well), et cetera - I feel confident in my assertion that "she has been active in the community."

But don't let that stop you from thinking that you're quick-witted and perceptive while others are mis-informed. I, too, can appreciate incongruity.

Al Capone did a lot of that **** too.

The Washington Post of all places called her out for creating a fake TMZ moment (in coordination with the AP) to dull the backlash of her million dollar trip to Africa. She goes on a lavish trip to Spain when I'm sure there was a suitable and less pricy US destination which could have used the influx of money. She is a disgrace. At least her husband is personable. Michelle acts like her life is a living hell while there are people living in tent cities throughout the country. I honestly think I'll be more happy when she leaves over her husband.

You know what, I didn't like that either. Thank you for providing a reason as opposed to a generalized dislike for someone personally because you don't their politics or affiliates.

With that said, she did pay her personal expenses (if I remember correctly). However taxpayers picked up the plane tab, security, etc.

As an aside, do you personally dislike those who use taxpayer monies during difficult economic times? Do you think that Richard Shelby and Daniel Inouye are disgraceful for taking $5700 an hour flights to Paris and dining in the South of France on $500 a plate entrees, while meeting with defense contractors...all on the taxpayer dime? How about Rick Perry who still won't release how much he pays bodyguards from the state budget to chauffer he and his wife around on personal trips? And then there is the curious case of Nikki Haley, a staple at European resorts, who enjoys spending South Carolina tax payer dollars on herself and her friends.

This trend is equally applicable to Democrats, Republicans, Independents; they're all morally questionable.

I just want to know if you feel that they're all disgraceful and personally dislike them because of it?

Edited by Juror#8

Thank you for providing a reason as opposed to a generalized dislike for someone personally because you don't "like"? their politics or affiliates.

What other reason is needed? Anyone who is a marxist like her is fundamentally a enemy of this country. For this reason there is absolutely nothing she or her hubby can do that is correct. And if they do something that looks acceptable on the surface, the motivation is suspect.

This trend is equally applicable to Democrats, Republicans, Independents; they're all morally questionable.

Yes. But the dems and Obama and Michelle not only waste money on personal perks, their agenda is wealth redistribution with our tax money. They want to piss away money on a epic scale. So, for this reason the sooner both her fat ass and dumb bumbling husband is out of the WH, the sooner we can turn the corner.

All politics aside, I think she comes off as fake. Not just shopping at Target, which isn't a huge slam, but it's amusing when someone does something that transparent regardless of who they are.

I still remember angry scowling pre-campaign make-over Michelle, and she wasn't the girl you see on TV. She's one of those people that acts like she has really strong feelings about things you can tell she isn't that passionate about.

Every first lady has her signature issue that's usually of minimal controversy amongst the general public. For Nancy Reagan it was drugs, Barbara Bush had literacy, Hillary had Hillarycare :oops: , Laura Bush had women's/children's causes, and Michelle has healthy food. I get it, whatever. But don't get your panty's in a bunch when someone mocks a fat ass who loves to stuff her face with fatty food adopting healthy food as her "passion". It's not until she starts pushing for mandates that it becomes highly offensive.

And save the Mother Theresa bit about her charitable activity in the community. That comes with the territory of being First Lady. I'm obviously not knocking her for it, but I'm also not ready to nominate her for sainthood on account of it either.

And say what you will about Hillarycare. It may have been political lunacy, but you knew she really meant it.

All politics aside, I think she comes off as fake. Not just shopping at Target, which isn't a huge slam, but it's amusing when someone does something that transparent regardless of who they are.

There was a headline on CNN this morning: Michelle Obama: "I took Bo to Petco, and no one there recognized me."

The cashier asked me, 'Oh, what kind of dog is that?' I said, 'A Portuguese water dog.' He didn't recognize us because he didn't expect that we would be in Petco.

No, maybe he didn't recognize you because you're not on his list of people he cares about. Of course she never ever considered taht did she. God I really dislike these kinds of people.