Jags fail to sell out home opener

5 Wide

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tells me more about the ~30% unemployment rate in Detriot.

Buffalo aint going anywhere. Best fan support in the league minus GB.

Maybe in the city itself, but metro Detroit has over 3 million people, a smaller stadium (holds almost 9000 less) and lots of money floating around in the surrounding neighborhoods. Their first home game should have sold out by now. It's one thing not to sell out end of year games when the team is at the bottom of the league, but the home opener?

Please let me know the last home opener that was blacked out in Buffalo. And don't hurt yourself with all that head-bashing.

Don't know if it was the last time, but it looks like they were blacked out at least 3 times in 2010.

Link

EDIT: Looks like that was the last time. They had one other home game, against the Pats, and a local restaurant owner bought out the remaining tickets to avoid the blackout. Not MUCH different than what the Browns did.

Edited by Faustus

Don't know if it was the last time, but it looks like they were blacked out at least 3 times in 2010.

Link

EDIT: Looks like that was the last time. They had one other home game, against the Pats, and a local restaurant owner bought out the remaining tickets to avoid the blackout. Not MUCH different than what the Browns did.

Guess you didn't read his entire post.... he said HOME OPENER that was blacked out. Not just any regular season game.

Just heard it on a WGR sports update. It's another indictment of the fan support in Jacksonville. The report said that the Jags bought the tickets back at $0.34 on the dollar to lift the blackout.... i didn't even know that was possible.

Pretty sad when you can't sell out the home opener.

Tells me more about the ~30% unemployment rate in Detriot.

Buffalo aint going anywhere. Best fan support in the league minus GB.

Did you see their attendance for the 4th preseason game? It was ridiculous! The stands were as crowded as a playoff game! I wonder if the support would be the same if they had 11 straight years of missing the playoffs...? It's always easier to root for and support a winner...

Did you see their attendance for the 4th preseason game? It was ridiculous! The stands were as crowded as a playoff game! I wonder if the support would be the same if they had 11 straight years of missing the playoffs...? It's always easier to root for and support a winner...

Indeed. GB's attendance, and the team's NFL profile, was pretty poor between say 1972 and 1994....

How about this??? Ever hear of a home team preparing for crowd noise? Thats what the Dolphins are doing as they figure more Pats fans will be there thanDolhin fans.BTW, this game just barely sold out

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Dolphins-Preparing-for-Patriots-Fans-in-Miami-129431298.html

If you go to a Bills/Finns game in south Florida, the stadium is usually about 30-50% filled with Bills fans.