Biggest "trap" game on the schedule this week?

eball

The line keeps rising, everyone is putting the nail in the Colts' coffin...

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Colts win this game. I still don't think they're making the playoffs without Peyton, but this game has "trap" written all over it with respect to the Texans. And don't forget, Foster is gimpy.

Eball, I repect you, and your posts or replys are always pretty well thought out, and very much

exhibit signs of insigtfulness and all, but you are off your rocker on this one, no way the Colts beat

Houston this week in Houston. They won't cover either, Houston has been knocking on the Colts door for

a few years now, and this year they kick it in.

ps;best dam avatar on the board, although meatface (can't remeber his actual handle, but pretty sure people will make the connection) is a close second!

Edited by Cookiemonster

I picked Houston in my survivor pool & I'm not the least bit worried.

The Colts are starting a QB whose team record was something like 2-11 in his last 13 NFL starts. The guy has been there 2 weeks. Foster is expected to play & people forget there are 2 former 1,000 yard rushers (Ward & Slayton) backing him up if he can't play well enough to stay in the game.

Houston beat the Manning led Colts last year on opening day in Houston.

The Colts are in big trouble, they relied on Manning to be there & he isn't. They've never addressed the backup QB spot & they had to sign Collins instead of letting Painter, a guy who doesn't belong in the league, start. My guess is as soon as week 1 is over & the contracts aren't guaranteed, David Garrard will be wearing a Colts uniform. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already in Indy, just waiting until Monday to sign.

His profile may read, "rookie" but his join date indicates he was around 5 years before you...

LOL OWNED!!!!!

Better luck next time. Oh cap I just said luck, it wasn't regarding Andrew Luck but I'm sure all the pessemists of the board will do a search and see the word and think another Luck thread opened. Were all doomed!!!

I love it.

My 5 yo nephew made me endlessly play a Star Wars card game this summer where you had cards with various characters. Everytime I played that guy I screamed at him "IT'S A TRAP!!!!" :lol:

I think the Giants need to be careful against a Redskin team that everyone assumes will be terrible.

I think the Colts will be hugely demoralized w/o Manning and will get the snot kicked out of them.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Colts win this game. I still don't think they're making the playoffs without Peyton, but this game has "trap" written all over it with respect to the Texans. And don't forget, Foster is gimpy.

I 100% agree with you Eric. Love Scott Wetzel and his "opposite pick" theory, and he has a pretty outstounding documented record of success with it. This just feels like one of those classic overbet situations..Kerry Collins is no rookie..rest of the team will be pretty jacked, thw whole "us agaisnt the world.no one believed in us" emotional pump. and I think Indy wins this game.

And then I think it goes downhill fast for them..but for this game I would bet the Colts.

The game I love is Cleveland over Cincy...but like I said abo ve feels like the whole world is picking the Browns, and picking them big...and that scares me. But a rookie first start, no OTAs etc, on the road in the Dog Pound...just seems like a no brainer that Clevland wins by 100. BTW, you can say the Same for Newton going to Arizona..can't see that one ending prtetty for Carolina

Edited by plenzmd1

No such thing as a "trap game".

You're one of my favorite posters, eball but I have to disagree with you here.

Wade Phillips has taken over the Houston D and I think they'll be one of the top units in the NFL this year… in fact for fantasy players, I'd keep a close watch on them.

The Texans added elite cornerback Jonathan Joseph and quality safety Daniel Manning. Rookie phenoms JJ Watts and Brooks Reed have been playing lights out, especially as far as pressuring the QB is concerned. Connor Barwin has been a dominating pass rusher after an excellent but aborted rookie year. You have pro bowl holdovers like Mario Williams, Brian Cushing, Demeco Ryans and this defense is gonna get a lotta sacks and create a lot of turnovers.

I think this is one of those games where the Colts are gonna get their comeuppance after years of owning the Texans. The spread is Texans minus 8-9 points depending on the sports book.

I agree with KD in CT about the Redskins. I think Shanny (and I've been dogging him unmercilessly) has the players he wants now with two QBs who totally buy into his system in Grossman and Beck, addition by subtraction with McNabb and Haynesworth gone, and an improved roster that is underrated. The Giants OTOH have been riddled with injuries to defensive starters and jettisoned 3/5ths of their aging O-line. It's a bit of a rebuilding year for the aging Giants and they're giving 3 points on the road.

The Bills, BTW, are 6 point dogs on most books.

The other games that are fascinating to me (and I just looked at the spreads this morning for the first time) are Tampa Bay -2 hosting Detroit, Philadelphia -4.5 at St. Louis, and Cleveland -6.5 hosting Cincinnati.

I know TB is an up and coming team but so is Detroit and the Lions look explosive on offense and violent on defense. I'd take Detroit and the points.

St. Louis continues to uptrend and Philly is woeful at O-line and at safety. I'd feel more comfortable taking the home underdog than the "Dream Team."

Finally, I'm not convinced that Cleveland has righted their ship. To me, their offense has next to nothing. Cinci isn't very impressive either and has a rookie QB and lost Chad Ochocinco and T.O. Yet, I think they'll execute Marvin Lewis' vision much better than did the former players and I think 6.5 points is too much for Cleveland to cover.

Of course betting on NFL teams is tricky as hell and my record against the spread usually runs slightly better than 50% so I could go 0-3 on these games. But these are the most interesting games, betting-wise for me.

Thanks for your input, sparky.

Because Houston prepared for a superior QB (Manning) and will face an inferior one (Collins), they will lose--it's a trap?

Or it's a trap because "the line keeps rising"?

Or because the Texans are "looking past" the Colts to....the Saints?

Win or lose, none of the above will factor into the Texans fate in this game. So, no trap.

Wow, was I wrong on this one. Thought the Colts had more intestinal fortitude than that. They're a bad football team.

Who wants to petition the league for a new award -- Most Valuable Player of All Time -- for Peyton Manning?

How crazy would it be for the Colts to "luck" into Andrew Luck just as Manning's career comes to a close?