KC Gameplan

Billsrhody

I cant wait for the game on Sunday and I'm excited to see what Gailey and Co. have come up with for the Chiefs. I hope we run a lot of spread offense and wildcat to keep the KC defense on their heels. I'd be just fine with playing a ball control offense with freddy running the ball and fitz finding any short yardage completions that their D will give us. I think if we do that, we can keep their running game off the field and play the game at our pace.

I'd love to see the bills come out on D and stack the box. Lets see what their passing game can do against our secondary.

I'll be very optimistic if we score first in this one. I hope we win the toss and receive so we can march right down and put one in the endzone.

What do you guys want to see?

I think the key is to contain the KC run game and get some pressure on Cassel. For Bills offense I'd like to see disciplined ball control (>60% completion, no more than one tunover). And, I think we need to take at least two shots downfield. Whether successful or not, we need to keep the defenses we'll face honest. Running some successful screen/bubble plays will also help.

Edit: Oh, and if we can keep Tamba Hali off of Fitspatrick, that will help! :thumbsup:

Edited by Matt in KC

I think the key is to contain the KC run game and get some pressure on Cassel. For Bills offense I'd like to see disciplined ball control (>60% completion, no more than one tunover). And, I think we need to take at least two shots downfield. Whether successful or not, we need to keep the defenses we'll face honest. Running some successful screen/bubble plays will also help.

Edit: Oh, and if we can keep Tamba Hali off of Fitspatrick, that will help! :thumbsup:

I assume, and therefore appreciate insight from enemy HQ. Please share more about what's being said on the local front -ie: nagging injuries, new players/rookie expectations, etc.

I'd like to see a good running game with Fred getting 20+ carries for well over 100 yards. This would open up the passing game with Fitz hitting many long and short throws. And the critical point, the defense plays better than last year's and we put pressure on the QB AND greatly slow down the run.

Go BILLS !!

I assume, and therefore appreciate insight from enemy HQ. Please share more about what's being said on the local front -ie: nagging injuries, new players/rookie expectations, etc.

I actually haven't folowed the Chiefs closely, but this is what I have picked up:

• Perception (What's being said")

• KC hoped to finally have a "real" WR across from Bowe: Breaston, who played for Todd Haley in Arzona. But he's come out flat in the preseason so far, tempering expectations. I personally think he'll be a real contributer once he settles in.
    • Starting TE moeaki is out for the year, IR
    • KC has really strugggled on offense and defense all preseason, not getting into any kind of rhythm
    • KC has injuries along it's o-line
    • As you know, Cassel has hurt ribs
    • I have't watched the games, but think the above threepoints are related
    • Despite this, the fans believe they are a playoff team and will likely win the division again. They believe that the Bills have the worst O-tackles in the NFL, as many in the media have said, and that Tamba Hali is an elite pass rusher. They are expecting 5+ sacks
    • Many fans seem to have a mental block on how well the Bills played the last 3 years (lost by 3, won by 6, won by... 21?)
    • Their heads will explode if the Bills beat them at home this year.
    • Bottom line, they don't have any idea what has changed on the Bills and are not taking them seriously

Good AP overview:

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP744e5b414c4a4944a0d8129ae05d1a8c.html

Some key quotes from it:

Cassel is expected to be under center despite hurting his ribs when he was sacked by 340-pouned Packers defensive tackle Howard Green. Cassel was a full participant in practice Monday, even though he appeared to skip some of the more aggressive stretching, and players had Tuesday off to give him even more time to rest whatever aches and pains he may have.
Offensive linemen Ryan Lilja and Barry Richardson have been banged up during training camp, while 38-year-old center Casey Wiegmann is beginning his 15th season in the league.
Note: these are all starters.

Despite all the injuries, the age of some of the players and the inexperience of others, Haley has confidence in the Chiefs' offense. Many of the questions surrounding it existed last season, and everything came together once the games started to count.

What the article doesn't mention and the fans don't know or care is that last year the Chiefs only played 3 games against clubs with a winning record all year, and only won one of them, against the Chargers 14-21, opening day. (The Chargers killed them 31-0 in the rematch.)

The Chiefs didn't choose their opponenets, so I can't really hold this against them. I just don't think they're as good as people might think looking at their 10-6 record. My prediction for them this year: 6-7 wins.

Edited by Matt in KC

Shut down KC's running game. Ten sacks and 2 TDs for Buffalo's defense. Four take-aways by Bills defense/special teams. Less than 10 complete passes and negative net yardage for Matt Cassell. Bills D shuts out KC's offense. Over five hundred yards total offense for the Bills, including 200+ rushing, Four TD passes for Fitz. Over 40 minutes time-of-possession.

Other than that, total Bills domination of their opponent.

Buffalo Bills scalp the Chiefs...

Buffalo Bills 44

Kansas City Chiefs - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

post-2970-073032300 1315500972_thumb.jpg

On Defense we need to stop the run and hit Cassel as often and as hard as possible. With Cassel playing they are a slight favorite, without him we become a huge favorite.

On offense we need sustained drives. Limit mental mistakes and penalties. Don't stop ourselves. And make the occasional big play.

I actually haven't folowed the Chiefs closely, but this is what I have picked up:

• Perception (What's being said")

• KC hoped to finally have a "real" WR across from Bowe: Breaston, who played for Todd Haley in Arzona. But he's come out flat in the preseason so far, tempering expectations. I personally think he'll be a real contributer once he settles in.
    • Starting TE moeaki is out for the year, IR
    • KC has really strugggled on offense and defense all preseason, not getting into any kind of rhythm
    • KC has injuries along it's o-line
    • As you know, Cassel has hurt ribs
    • I have't watched the games, but think the above threepoints are related
    • Despite this, the fans believe they are a playoff team and will likely win the division again. They believe that the Bills have the worst O-tackles in the NFL, as many in the media have said, and that Tamba Hali is an elite pass rusher. They are expecting 5+ sacks
    • Many fans seem to have a mental block on how well the Bills played the last 3 years (lost by 3, won by 6, won by... 21?)
    • Their heads will explode if the Bills beat them at home this year.
    • Bottom line, they don't have any idea what has changed on the Bills and are not taking them seriously

Good AP overview:

http://online.wsj.co...9ae05d1a8c.html

Some key quotes from it:

Note: these are all starters.

What the article doesn't mention and the fans don't know or care is that last year the Chiefs only played 3 games against clubs with a winning record all year, and only won one of them, against the Chargers 14-21, opening day. (The Chargers killed them 31-0 in the rematch.)

The Chiefs didn't choose their opponenets, so I can't really hold this against them. I just don't think they're as good as people might think looking at their 10-6 record. My prediction for them this year: 6-7 wins.

Thank you, Matt! Great intell!!:worthy:

Now I agree with The Senator, 44-0!

For some weird reason I feel good about this game...How do I always let this happen, think maybe the Bills are turning a corner...Only to be blasted back to reality in the regular season...

Still, if the Bill's D plays solidly (I think they will surprise people), then they have a very good chance. Our offense scares me a little. The O-line blows, and our WR depth chart was made by picking names out of a hat...

On defense I'd blitz Fritz until he proves he can beat me. On offense I'd keep running the ball until the defense proves they can stop me. It's not a complicated strategy, but I bet we see something very similar to it on Sunday.

The problem with that is, after those 2 series, KC is down 14-0 and still has the rest of the game to play B-)

I hope to see the WR's and RB's being moved around a lot presnap. Our offense needs to find mismatches in the passing game. Motion CJ or Freddy out of the backfield, get them lined up against a linebacker with space and let them do their thing.