Cut most shocking to you

For me, that would be Hangartner. He can play center, he can play guard. Center is the lynchpin of the offense, if Wood goes down isn't it "death of the Bills News at 11" or at least "Death of FItzpatrick News at 11"?

Most disappointing to me, Ruvell Martin over Naaman Roosevelt. Yeah, he's got experience, 6 years and 4 teams doesn't seem like he's got much of a ceiling plus, from what I've seen his hands could be better.

I thought Naaman showed he could play, and I thought for a 6 year vet Martin could play better.

Or (being honest) maybe I'm just ticked he walked in and was issued Andre' Reed's number. Bills really ought to retire that number IMHO.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, that would be Hangartner. He can play center, he can play guard. Center is the lynchpin of the offense, if Wood goes down isn't it "death of the Bills News at 11" or at least "Death of FItzpatrick News at 11"?

Most disappointing to me, Ruvell Martin over Naaman Roosevelt. Yeah, he's got experience, 6 years and 4 teams doesn't seem like he's got much of a ceiling plus, from what I've seen his hands could be better.

I thought Naaman showed he could play, and I thought for a 6 year vet Martin could play better.

Or (being honest) maybe I'm just ticked he walked in and was issued Andre' Reed's number. Bills really ought to retire that number IMHO.

Well, maybe in their last minute deliberations they forgot #83 isn't Lee Evans. B-)

Well Naaman won't have to wait too long on the practice squad, Busted Davis should be on IR in no time!

?? Buster Davis? he was cut, yes?

Kept 6 WR, Johnson, Jones, Parrish, Nelson, Ruvell Martin, and Easley.

So one of those has to get hurt or cut to give Naaman a shot.

From what Chan said Roosevelt and Jasper sound like shoo-ins for the practice squad if they clear waivers. Will be interesting.

Well Naaman won't have to wait too long on the practice squad, Busted Davis should be on IR in no time!

He was cut too!

I hope they can get Jasper on the practice squad. He seems like a worthwhile project. Nesbitt too for his versatility.

To me it was Coleman, but none of them were a huge shock. I'm actually surprised I wasn't more surprised. I understand not wanting Naaman Roosevelt to be released, but I don't see how anyone could be shocked by it. It was between him, Davis, Huggins, Aiken and Martin for basically one spot. A case could be made for any of them. I predicted Naaman would be #6 but not at all shocked. The ankle injury really hurt him.

Also, the last several spots on a roster have numerous elements all entering the equation. For example, if the Bills had decided to keep Corto, a S, they may very well have kept Roosevelt over Martin. But since Martin is an established ST, they can keep him and drop Corto, thus opening another spot for a guy they want to keep like, say, Moats and Eddins. So LB and S could ultimately be the reason they kept Martin over Roosevelt. It may not have been those specific players but Coaches and GMs look at the whole team, not just the individual position and player.

?? Buster Davis? he was cut, yes?

Kept 6 WR, Johnson, Jones, Parrish, Nelson, Ruvell Martin, and Easley.

So one of those has to get hurt or cut to give Naaman a shot.

From what Chan said Roosevelt and Jasper sound like shoo-ins for the practice squad if they clear waivers. Will be interesting.

Good to hear, thanks

I have to go with Coleman ... I was pretty sure Moats was going but the Namaan cut I think had more to do with his injury and inability to play right now. Definitely hope he sneaks in under the radar to the Bills PS and when he's healed that he has a shot at coming back.

It's funny but even the Coleman cut wasn't a "shock" but more of a surprise. Since those experts with inside sources had predicated McGee I was sort of ready to be shocked ...

Now, let's see if the first teamers can really play and stay healthy!

GO BILLS

Also, the last several spots on a roster have numerous elements all entering the equation. For example, if the Bills had decided to keep Corto, a S, they may very well have kept Roosevelt over Martin. But since Martin is an established ST, they can keep him and drop Corto, thus opening another spot for a guy they want to keep like, say, Moats and Eddins. So LB and S could ultimately be the reason they kept Martin over Roosevelt. It may not have been those specific players but Coaches and GMs look at the whole team, not just the individual position and player.

These are really good points. I haven't been much impressed with Martin as a WR. But he's a big, tall, relatively fast guy.

I could readily believe he might have shown himself a better special teamer than Naaman, and that ST play might win out over WR quality for the #6.

Not surprised about Hangartner getting let go. His injury last season finally gave them an excuse to play Wood at center and get some return from a former first round pick who had been playing the least important OL position, RG.

Time will tell if this is the right decision, but I'm not a big fan of the backup center being their starting LG. The Vikings game last year demonstrated a team should have a versatile veteran who can man all three interior spots. The Bills don't have that with GH's release, but the move saves some money so it will provide a benefit to the powers that be.

These are really good points. I haven't been much impressed with Martin as a WR. But he's a big, tall, relatively fast guy.

I could readily believe he might have shown himself a better special teamer than Naaman, and that ST play might win out over WR quality for the #6.

The ability to play ST is pretty important especially when they are going to dress only 46 for the game. Also, while Roosvelt did well in camp, he did not show himself in the pre-season games.

The real shock is that the rumor from OBD regarding McGee was unfounded...I thought everything being done being OBD was to slash salaries.