Ed Wang cut, according to Tim Graham

Kelly the Dog

First Yao retires and now the Chinese were de-Wanged? The international implications worth watching to say the least.

I really hope we find one or two OL in free agency after these rounds of cuts. We need depth bad, obviously.

http://twitter.com/#!/ByTimGraham/status/110044043911770112

Good. One final round of Wang jokes and we can be done with it.

S'alright, there's 750 million more Chinese males to choose from... we're bound to get one, right?... or should we send our scouts to India for the next draft?

Good point. I imagine there may be 33,000 or more Ed Wangs. We may not have even drafted the best Ed Wang the Chinese have to offer.

I always thought he looked undersized to play in the NFL; had some bulk but not the muscle mass.

It's hard to get excited over the cut. He was a fifth round draft pick. It was an experiment. They gave him a year to improve and show that he belonged at the next level.

He'll be an interesting Bills trivia question in a couple of years.

Way to build through the draft Buddy! Your first two choices to play OL for the Bills were Ed Wang and Cornell Green! :lol:

you could argue that wood and levitre were Buddy's first two lineman,. That was Buddy's first year back

I guess he could have rebuilt the o line instead turning the d around

Quick name the top three VT players not named B.Smith, M. Vick, E. Royal, or D. Hall to be worth a damn in the NFL. go!

Most over-rated school and program in the NCAA...

Antonio Freeman was pretty good. Duane Brown is decent. Always like Keion Carpenter.

Chris Ellis? Corey Moore? LOL...

I do agree that the program is quite overrated.

Because he lives in Buffalo, works for the BuffNews, and still has a bunch of contacts with the team and around the league and wants to get the word out first?

why aren't the TBN sports writers breaking the cuts? Don't they have sources within the organization?

I thought he was wasting roster space...just did not show enough commitment - should have been doing more to improve while rehabbing the hand.

Buddy and Chan have to free up space for prospects that they feel have a chance, this makes sense. Hairston looked like a keeper. Need to pick up a few more o-linemen off some rich team's practice heap to round out the depth. Although I would keep Hang around for that purpose as well, but Littman and Brandon will probably cut him so we can get 50% under the cap.

Brandon must have something over on ol' Ralphy, went from Marketing, to GM, to CEO of the Bills - not sure what he has ever done, but show a remarkable ability to not only survive, but to flourish after making blunder upon blunder. It was not his marketing prowess that has kept the Bills viable in WNY, but rather the fans that fund stadiums, and keep buying tickets and gear despite all the cheap bone-headed football moves - my own opinion and folks are free to disagree.

That being said, I do feel that Nix and Chan could be successful - they know the game and can put guys in a position to win. If only they are given enough funds to do so... they are taking care of the young core of Bills they are building like Kyle Williams, lets see if Ralph or the next owner is willing to spend down the road to keep any more gems we uncover and develop.

I thought he was wasting roster space...just did not show enough commitment - should have been doing more to improve while rehabbing the hand.

Buddy and Chan have to free up space for prospects that they feel have a chance, this makes sense. Hairston looked like a keeper. Need to pick up a few more o-linemen off some rich team's practice heap to round out the depth. Although I would keep Hang around for that purpose as well, but Littman and Brandon will probably cut him so we can get 50% under the cap.

Brandon must have something over on ol' Ralphy, went from Marketing, to GM, to CEO of the Bills - not sure what he has ever done, but show a remarkable ability to not only survive, but to flourish after making blunder upon blunder. It was not his marketing prowess that has kept the Bills viable in WNY, but rather the fans that fund stadiums, and keep buying tickets and gear despite all the cheap bone-headed football moves - my own opinion and folks are free to disagree.

That being said, I do feel that Nix and Chan could be successful - they know the game and can put guys in a position to win. If only they are given enough funds to do so... they are taking care of the young core of Bills they are building like Kyle Williams, lets see if Ralph or the next owner is willing to spend down the road to keep any more gems we uncover and develop.

On Brandon, I have a friend who's in a position to know who's told me that it's pretty clear to him that Brandon has ingratiated himself with Wilson and his family and that's what he owes his survivability to, FWIW....

Good. One final round of Wang jokes and we can be done with it.

And now Ed Wang limply leaves Buffalo. He arrived hard, ready to go a slight drizzle leaking out of the corner of his maw, he was excited. Coaches knelt before him, they stroked his ego telling him what he wanted to hear. "Wang," they said "you belong to us and we know exactly how to use you." But one short year later it was obvious to everyone, Wang couldn't get the job done. He wasn't a finisher no matter how much fluffing he got prior to game time. He was unable to Wangblock. He was ineffective when pulled. As a straight ahead ramrod he barely made a dent in the defense. Wang, we thought we knew ye, but you disappointed us all. We expected to see Wang on full display in all his glory, angry, hard, ready for action. We expected a virtual flood from Wang, we wanted to see Wang spit in the eye of the opposition but Wang couldn't deliver.

Ed Wang you disappointed us and left us wanting so much more.

And now Ed Wang limply leaves Buffalo. He arrived hard, ready to go a slight drizzle leaking out of the corner of his maw, he was excited. Coaches knelt before him, they stroked his ego telling him what he wanted to hear. "Wang," they said "you belong to us and we know exactly how to use you." But one short year later it was obvious to everyone, Wang couldn't get the job done. He wasn't a finisher no matter how much fluffing he got prior to game time. He was unable to Wangblock. He was ineffective when pulled. As a straight ahead ramrod he barely made a dent in the defense. Wang, we thought we knew ye, but you disappointed us all. We expected to see Wang on full display in all his glory, angry, hard, ready for action. We expected a virtual flood from Wang, we wanted to see Wang spit in the eye of the opposition but Wang couldn't deliver.

Got it all out?

Somebody's got way too much time on their hands today!

Quick name the top three VT players not named B.Smith, M. Vick, E. Royal, or D. Hall to be worth a damn in the NFL. go!

I would hardly say that. They are an excellent school in academics and finish every year as a nationally ranked team in football. They are already being talked about as contenders for the national championship, so I don't understand how they are overrated.

I would hardly say that. They are an excellent school in academics and finish every year as a nationally ranked team in football. They are already being talked about as contenders for the national championship, so I don't understand how they are overrated.

that's exactly my point. They get talked up every single year, yet they lose to JMU and never seem to beat regular contenders. Outside of an occational win vs Fla state or Miami, can anyone name one recent VT victory over someone they were underdogs too? They are the Jets of the NCAA, constantly over rated.

Academics (except for those on the football team) are generally pretty good, they are a huge school with many graduates...

Corey Moore! Oh wait . . .

But seriously, Wang went to UVa, not VT.