What Do You Need to See to Consider 2011 A Successful Season?

In keeping with the lowered expectations mindset, 8 wins in 2011 to prove the rebuild is working. Winning 6 or less does reveal that Buddy's 4 year plan is still on track to get them into playoff contention by 2013. Of course, the stadium lease has expired by then, but pain and patience is necessary.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8-8 or better.

Or Andrew Luck.

I'll second that! No mediocre seasons that give us some hope. If we're not going to make the playoffs, then make a run for a franchise QB.

Agreed. Rising to mediocre would only give us false hope for above average.

Like most, I feel like it's hard to get excited with our recent history. We have very little chance to compete consistantly with our current owner. I really like Chan and Buddy so I feel like we can improve but it will be really tough with Ralph calling the shots.

I don't usually put a number on it but 8-8 would be wonderful.

It really is sad that fans have such low expectations for this team...8-8 would finally be an upgrade over Dick Jauron tho...still sad

Edited by Harvey lives

8-8 or better.

Or Andrew Luck.

The Hell with playing for a Draft pick... A winning season 9-7...Some entertaining football.See this team moving in a positive direction "On The Field" !!! A team that stays relatively healthy. I swear this team leads league in having the biggest list of players on IR. !!! Bottom line... Win!!!!

Go Bills !!!!!

Maybe I'm just beat down by a decade of bad football but my criteria for a successful 2011 season doesn't include a playoff berth or even a winning season. What I'd like to see is the following:

- All-Pro (or at least Pro-Bowl) potential shown by Dareus;

- Byrd, Troup, Carrington, A. Williams and Sheppard show that they can be effective NFL starters;

- productive and injury-free seasons from Merriman and Barnett.

You add that to K. Williams, Florence and maybe McGee (I've given up on McKelvin - should have shipped him to the Giants for a draft choice) and you will have the nucleus of a young, dominant defense for years to come. That's enough for me. Anything from the offense (breakout years for Spiller and Easley, another great year from S. Johnson) is just gravy.

Successful...12-4. That is success 8-8 is another failure. I'm tired of rooting for a turd. Let's get a new owner in here. Pegulamania!!!

Beat the Patriots on September 25TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This. While beating them in one game doesn't mean a successful season, it would at least show us that the Patsies are beatable.

They were competitive last year starting with the Baltimore game. They now have more/new personnel to address stopping the run. Even with the loss of Evans, I'm not worried about the offense (yet). To me, successful means they would be competitive in pretty much every game (every team has a couple bad games - the good ones overcome them). It may not be lofty expectations, but don't forget what we've endured for 11 years.

I hate putting a number on it, but I'd like to see 8-8 and maybe a sniff of the playoffs. Even if they don't come close to the playoffs, 8-8 puts them in the conversation of "in contention" during the last few weeks. Then maybe they'll get some respect from the know-it-alls.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Very best scenario 9 wins

(very doubtful)

Very good Scenario 8 wins - I will take it in a heartbeat if you offered it to me right now.

Could be a good scenario 7 wins if they split with teams in our division.

Anything less is a serious setback.

What I expect is 5 wins or less.

Maybe I'm just beat down by a decade of bad football but my criteria for a successful 2011 season doesn't include a playoff berth or even a winning season. What I'd like to see is the following:

- Byrd, Troup, Carrington, A. Williams and Sheppard show that they can be effective NFL starters;

You add that to K. Williams, Florence and maybe McGee (I've given up on McKelvin - should have shipped him to the Giants for a draft choice) and you will have the nucleus of a young, dominant defense for years to come. That's enough for me. Anything from the offense (breakout years for Spiller and Easley, another great year from S. Johnson) is just gravy.

10-6 or 0-16.

Going to the Playoffs would be considered a successful season. Anything else is BS!!!

you get what you expect. If your satisfied with a losing season and set a loosing season as your goal, you're going to get a losing season. I'm expecting nine wins. Chan and Buddy made two years of personnel decisions and I'm expecting them to go one game over .500. Doesn't sound unreasonable to me.