Florio Shows Bills Some Love

I fully expect the Bills to have a better season than the Dolphins and I don't see the Jets as a special team. Eventually you would expect a dropoff from the Pats, but I'll just assume another sweep to them. Barring injuries, I really believe we have a look at 3-1 or 2-2 at worse with the Fins and Jets.

Played it "safe" and had the Bills finishing third, but a possible wild card birth.. Boy some here aren't going to like that.. :)

Oh disclaimer, I have not read this thread so please excuse my petulence.. :)

Tim-

Edited by D521646

A few weeks ago, I got slammed by a whole bunch of people on this board for having the nerve to predict that the Bills would finish ahead of the Dolphins. Looks like I am not the only one thinking along those lines. I sincerely believe they will be a better team this year than last and they were very competitive last year. Hopefully they can learn how to win those close ones that they lost last year. That would make a huge difference record wise.

I wouldn't go public nationally like that and infer that the Bills could make the playoffs. I would definitely say the Bills are trending upwards though. I'm not sure if that means 5 wins, 7 or 9 wins but they are on the rise.

Defense wins championships; it all comes down to Merriman staying healthy and our secondary to proof their reputation as solid combine that with Fitz showing increased ball security and we could get a lot better results then anyone expects and expected. It's a good season to bet on the Bills which could lead to high returns, however a bet is a gamble in the end. We really dont know where the Bills stand untill the season starts we might have the best defense in the league, yet they may as well be giving up penalties like crazy. Did we improve on Defense? No doubt about it. Did we improve on Offense, No, but the group has stayed the same almost completly and we'll be starting a QB that is prepared for the season for a change. The o-line shift-a-lot-let's-try-your-momma-at-lt-next has me worried though, not enough stability and way too much tinkering.

Florio is not one to make outlandish predictions. Does it mean we will finish 2nd or steal a playoff birth? Not necessarily but it means he does believe its possible which is encouraging as he is a lot more in tune w whats really going on than a lot of these talking heads......

Florio is not one to make outlandish predictions. Does it mean we will finish 2nd or steal a playoff birth? Not necessarily but it means he does believe its possible which is encouraging as he is a lot more in tune w whats really going on than a lot of these talking heads......

i was pleasantly surprised by florio's positive take on the bills. like it has been said on here, having a national talking head show some love for the bills is unusual and i will take it. without going out on a limb, injuries will be the key.

Defense wins championships; ...

Did we improve on Offense, No, but the group has stayed the same almost completly and we'll be starting a QB that is prepared for the season for a change. The o-line shift-a-lot-let's-try-your-momma-at-lt-next has me worried though, not enough stability and way too much tinkering.

I disagree. Bell & Wood are completely healed from major injuries and together with Levitre, begin their 3rd year playing with each other. Chandler & Easley weren't really players last year but I believe start Day 1 this year. Spiller has shown growth in his running style and Stevie & Roscoe are entering the year with much better confidence in the system and with Fitz.

Pre-season doesn't 'show' improvement on offense OR defense because they don't count. In both cases, I'm confident we have.

It only makes sense. Having added a big time defensive play maker in Marcell Dareus, a potentially resurgent Merriman, and a rock-solid Nick Barnett, the Bills defense looks to be more stout than last year's sieve.

Meanwhile, the offense just needs to be steady. Losing Lee Evans looks bad on paper, but Chan Gailey gets a lot of respect in this league as an offensive mind. They're not winning the division with Fitz but they certainly aren't bottoming out in it either. 9-7 with a late playoff push wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Sidenote: I just realized this off-season that the Bills let go of Donte Whitner, Lee Evans, Aaron Maybin, and Paul Posluszny--three 1st round picks and a 2nd rounder. I knew how futile our drafts have been but wow. That just hit home now.

So any journalist who thinks the Bills will be last in the AFC East is a hack who is too stupid to see how vastly the Bills have improved from their 4-12 last season. And anyone that thinks the Bills have some kind of shot at a wildcard is astute. Got it.

Man, the regular season can't start fast enough for me so we can actually see what we have this season. :blink:

i was pleasantly surprised by florio's positive take on the bills. like it has been said on here, having a national talking head show some love for the bills is unusual and i will take it. without going out on a limb, injuries will be the key.

Hes never been one to bash the Bills. He points ciriticism at them when its due but its never from a biased angle. I agree if we can keep guys healthy that will be a big key. The last two years were awful w injuries. The lockout has really hurt us (and all teams) in that respect also.

I fully expect the Bills to have a better season than the Dolphins and I don't see the Jets as a special team. Eventually you would expect a dropoff from the Pats, but I'll just assume another sweep to them. Barring injuries, I really believe we have a look at 3-1 or 2-2 at worse with the Fins and Jets.

Florio has been respectful of The Bills, he's acknowledged the fans being excellent etc. I think he does like Buffalo, and The Bills . He had them as his sleeper pick for a Wild card this year. He is from Minnesota and is a Vikings fan. The one thing I didn't like was about a month ago when he came on air saying he believed The Bills were the frontrunners to move to L.A. (because no one was really mentioning us anymore-it meant that we were definitely the team in talks with L.A)....Who knows-maybe he's right I don't trust anyone at One Bills Drive, especially guys like Brandon and Littman!

Florio is pulling for the underdog here I believe.

This much I know about The Bills in 2012, we have more talent than Cleveland, Miami, Cinci, Denver, Carolina, Kansas City, Oakland, Washington, St Louis, Tennessee and Seattle. We should be about the 21st best team in the league, which translates to about 8-8....