4-0 IS VERY POSSIBLE!!!!

U dont sound like u hate the pats.... They just got their asses kicked. By the way on both sides of the ball. Lions did an excellent job on o and defense.

Any team with strong pass attack can beat them. Our team is getting there. Plus our new weapon in brad smith. Plus fitz is starter from game one. That last fact carries a lot of weight. Pressure that fitz can handle.

It was a pre-season game...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Kc

If we want to go 4-0, it all starts with a road win @ Kc. Very winnable game. The rams scored 2tds on their first two drives vs chiefs. Our offense can do the same. Brady's boy toy Matt C did ZERO against ram's defense. With our new defense, maybe we could do the same. Kc's major offense is the run. We have the foundation to stop it, I believe. The drawback is their home field advantage.

Host Raiders

The raiders are the raiders. Home field advantage should give us this win.

Host pats

With the momentum of 2 wins and being at home, this is the year we finally beat them. Plus we have the pass rushing attack that is needed to drop brady on his ass. We win a close one.

@ Bengals

We always beat them. Im glad we can say that about somebody.

Host eagles

Lose this one. Record 4-1 By the way, who knows? Having the 12th man doesnt hurt. 5-0???? Okay lets stop the dreaming right?

Anyone else agree???? or disagree?

I love the optimism but your argument is exactly well-reasoned...

The Raiders are the Raiders? The Raiders won twice as many games as we did last year.

We're going to put Brady on his ass? Exactly when did the Bills prove they could sack Brady?

We always beat the Bengals? We didn't beat the 1988 Bengals when we met them in the playoffs. We've never yet played the 2011 Bengals.

Despite the flawed logic, I hope you are right!

my winning odds:

Chiefs: 25%

Raiders: 40%

Pats: 5%

Bengals: 70%

total odds of going 4-0 - less than half a percent. optimism is one thing - being irrational is another.

I'd put the Pats at maybe 10% and the Raiders & Bengals at 50%, but otherwise I agree that there is absolutely no reason to believe that the Bills are a lock to win ANY game. Each one of those opponents is looking at the Bills as a likely win, and they have every reason to do so.

@ Kc

If we want to go 4-0, it all starts with a road win @ Kc. Very winnable game. The rams scored 2tds on their first two drives vs chiefs. Our offense can do the same. Brady's boy toy Matt C did ZERO against ram's defense. With our new defense, maybe we could do the same. Kc's major offense is the run. We have the foundation to stop it, I believe. The drawback is their home field advantage.

Host Raiders

Host pats

With the momentum of 2 wins and being at home, this is the year we finally beat them. Plus we have the pass rushing attack that is needed to drop brady on his ass. We win a close one.

@ Bengals

Host eagles

Lose this one. Record 4-1 By the way, who knows? Having the 12th man doesnt hurt. 5-0???? Okay lets stop the dreaming right?

Wow! People get optimistic after we beat the Jags in Pre-Season. Chiefs will be interesting. Close game, but I believe we'll find a way to lose it. Chiefs 17-13. Raiders. They're not all that bad. Again a close game. I believe we'll find a way to lose it. Raiders 17-10. Patriots will be a wash. I expect this to be around 42-3 Patriots Win. Bengals will be interesting. I'll take the Bills 21-17. A redemption of sorts against the ugly Pats beatdown. Eagles will be another wash. Eagles 35 Bills 13.

1-4 Is Very Possible. :bag:

Not saying we can't beat the Pats, but not betting on it either. I do think we could be 4-2 going into the BYE week. If we beat KC, OAK and CIN, then we have to take one from NE, NYG or PHI.

PTR

If we beat KC, that provides hope that we can finally stop the run and a decent passing attack in a very difficult venue. If that happens, beating that Pats at home is not a far stretch. I think people are too quick to think that we have an auto win over KC. They are in Arrowhead, and have a fantastic running game. I think that may be a more difficult game to win than the Pats. If we beat KC, I'll be very excited for this team this year.

Wow! People get optimistic after we beat the Jags in Pre-Season. Chiefs will be interesting. Close game, but I believe we'll find a way to lose it. Chiefs 17-13. Raiders. They're not all that bad. Again a close game. I believe we'll find a way to lose it. Raiders 17-10. Patriots will be a wash. I expect this to be around 42-3 Patriots Win. Bengals will be interesting. I'll take the Bills 21-17. A redemption of sorts against the ugly Pats beatdown. Eagles will be another wash. Eagles 35 Bills 13.

1-4 Is Very Possible. :bag:

I can see 2-3 from a pessimistic view (which, given the past years is not unwarranted), but there is no way the Bills loose the home opener to the Raiders. Won't happen.

i agree.

you just showed too much brady love.

if i see it, i'll bring it up.

sorry about that.

my 3 favorite teams in nfl

bills

seahawks

any team playing aginst pats

I agree 100%.

But like most people on this board, Brady is by far my most hated player. He's the only player I wish season-ending injury upon

But like most people on this board, Brady is by far my most hated player. He's the only player I wish season-ending injury upon

1) I cannot wish physical harm on another human being just for the sake of a game, not even Marcia.

2) I would prefer he play all 16 games and lose every one of them. That would hurt him far more than any injury. :devil:

I love the optimism but your argument is exactly well-reasoned...

The Raiders are the Raiders? The Raiders won twice as many games as we did last year.

We're going to put Brady on his ass? Exactly when did the Bills prove they could sack Brady?

We always beat the Bengals? We didn't beat the 1988 Bengals when we met them in the playoffs. We've never yet played the 2011 Bengals.

Despite the flawed logic, I hope you are right!

Not exactly flawed if you ask me.

raiders are the raiders. meaning they suck one year, then they are ok another. jason campbell is not that good.

We have not proven to sack brady. you are right. he normally ballets his way to 4 tds per game. i get that. however our line and our line-backers are bigger and better. the formula is there. we just have to execute. plus like other posters mention, our last few games have been pretty close except one. so why not this year?

Bengals... Of course there is no such thing as always. bringing up an 88 game???? oh and since you dont know, let me tell you. i think we have like a 10-game winning streak against them.

my logic is not flawed.

I agree 100%.

WOW, i take it all back.

you are the man!

1) I cannot wish physical harm on another human being just for the sake of a game, not even Marcia.

2) I would prefer he play all 16 games and lose every one of them. That would hurt him far more than any injury. :devil:

ok you said it. thanks.

lets not turn this topic into an "is it ok to wish hurt on brady?" thread.

thanks.

As long as in week 6 we don't travel to Arizona and have our QB suffer a career changing concussion, I am okay with this :)

I'm excited about getting to 1-0, because then other things can happen. I don't think things end up as you draw them up ever. What we need to do is play good football and try to win one game at a time. There will be teams on the schedule much better than we expect and much worse. It happens every year so it is hard to plan ahead for what is going to occur. Plus teams suffer major injuries that derail plans and expectations.

And I continue to say, while we should not be favored against the Pats for a long time, it is pretty likely that we will beat them as an upset long before we are the smart pick and favorite. I'm hoping that is in week three this year, and don't think it is as impossible as many seem to. But I won't bet the rent money on it.

@ Kc

Host Raiders

Host pats

@ Bengals

Host eagles

Not exactly flawed if you ask me.

raiders are the raiders. meaning they suck one year, then they are ok another. jason campbell is not that good.

We have not proven to sack brady. you are right. he normally ballets his way to 4 tds per game. i get that. however our line and our line-backers are bigger and better. the formula is there. we just have to execute. plus like other posters mention, our last few games have been pretty close except one. so why not this year?

Bengals... Of course there is no such thing as always. bringing up an 88 game???? oh and since you dont know, let me tell you. i think we have like a 10-game winning streak against them.

my logic is not flawed.

Maybe it's better to say your logic isn't persuasive. You haven't persuaded many people here and we're all Bills fans!

Just because the Raiders are the Raiders doesn't mean we will beat them. We have an all-time losing record against the Raiders and dropped 4 of the last 5. Regardless of what you think of Campbell, the Raider offense was in the Top Ten last year in both yards and points - far better than ours.

Just because you say we will sack Brady doesn't mean we will. Yep, our D looks to be much improved. But I wonder if our O Line will protect Fitz better than their O Line will protect Brady???

Just because we "always" beat the Bengals doesn't mean we will this year. Streaks come to conclusions. The 2011 Bills and 2011 Bengals are not the Bills and Bengals of the past.

Man, I really hope you are right! I would love to see it! And I'll grant it's "possible" as you say in your headline - just not "very possible." Simple random luck says the chances of being 4-0 (assuming the outcome of any game is 50-50) is 1-in-16. I think 2-2 is a more likely record for the Bills after four games. But I hope I have to eat my words when your prediction comes true.

@ Kc

Host Raiders

Host pats

@ Bengals

Host eagles

Come on dude, pass that thing around. Don't be a bogart!

Yeah but so is Eliza Dushku sleeping with me, but I wouldn't bet on that happening either.

You are correct, because I am locking the doors and not letting her out of the house.

3-3 going into the bye week is as optimistic as I can be.

A swiss cheese, makeshift O-line is not going to propel this team to a 4-0 start.

KC on the road, NE, Philly and the NY football Giants in the first 6 games is a brutal start.

The Raiders tend to beat the Bills in the regular season, The Bills tend to beat the Bengals in the regular season. It's a wash.

1-3 start, 1-5 going into the bye.

@ Kc

Host Raiders

Host pats

@ Bengals

Host eagles

"@ Bengals

We always beat them."

By this logic, we'll lose to the Pats. :cry: