The Waiver Wire

Astrobot

I like Spencer Havner, but I don't know how healthy he is.

Havner, a TE, went between Packers and Lions. He was claimed off waivers about this time by the Lions, then was released by the Lions on October 14, 2010 due to a hamstring injury. He was very good in 2009 with the Packers.

Two names that have interested me are Brian Waters and Na'il Diggs.

Probably both too rich for the Bills though.

At 33 years old would Diggs really be any kind of upgrade? Not saying he is shot, just curious...

At 33 years old would Diggs really be any kind of upgrade? Not saying he is shot, just curious...

Buddy seems to be after guys who are versatile, tough and professional. Diggs qualifies as all 3 and might be a good fit here.

He can run on either edge and the Bills have no depth at OLB and he's played enough at both the strong and weak sides to either start opposite Merriman or replace him when he ultimately gets hurt.

Plus I've liked the guy since he started showing everybody what a stiff Andy Katzenmoyer really was. :D

Buddy seems to be after guys who are versatile, tough and professional. Diggs qualifies as all 3 and might be a good fit here.

He can run on either edge and the Bills have no depth at OLB and he's played enough at both the strong and weak sides to either start opposite Merriman or replace him when he ultimately gets hurt.

Plus I've liked the guy since he started showing everybody what a stiff Andy Katzenmoyer really was. :D

Ouch!

Sports Hernia.

Not to mention over 30 and coming off a quad that totally tore last year.

And sports hernia is a catch all term for any injury knee to chest in new orleans. Ive never seen a team with more sports hernias in a 2-3 year span.

Thanks for the link. I'd like to see the Bills make a move for Stintchcombe (sp) from the Saints.

He would fit the profile the Bills started with Merriman = bring in an injury-plagued great who may be widely regarded as questionable to play again

Stinchcomb is on the record as saying he feels he's recovered from last year's surgically-repaired torn quad. He is a hard-working, smart, high-character guy.

If he could play at all, our OL could learn a lot from a player like that

He would fit the profile the Bills started with Merriman = bring in an injury-plagued great who may be widely regarded as questionable to play again

Stinchcomb is on the record as saying he feels he's recovered from last year's surgically-repaired torn quad. He is a hard-working, smart, high-character guy.

If he could play at all, our OL could learn a lot from a player like that

Injury plagued great? I'm not sure you've ever actually seen him play. He peaked at average to slightly above -and a lot has happened since then. From what I hear health is still a big issue and I'll be very surprised if he plays this year. The saints are tightlipped on injuries- I've seen a guy "day to day with a 'leg'" and miss months. "healthy" players go a whole season with major injuries. Greer literally couldn't lift his arm over his head last year, drew had a major knee injury and stinch had the torn quad. All hush hush. Stinch is (or atleast as of a couple weeks ago was) not healthy.

Notice in all his teammates farewells- they never mentioned any team would be lucky to get him, sure he will latch on somewhere etc.... Odds are SLIM