For the first time in a while...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcia* definitely doesn't like it rough...I still remember the 2006 game when she* saw London Fletcher and Chris Kelsay bearing down on her* on 3rd & 10 at the Bills own 20 and, seeing no open receivers, elected to just sit down on the turf and take a voluntary sack! (Unfortunately, freakin' Kelsay dove into her* anyway, giving NE* the automatic first down.)

The Bills will beat up on the Patsies* this season - twice - and *Marcia's gonna cry just looking up and seeing Williams, Dareus, and Merriman ready to thump her*. It might be the first time you see and NFL player penalized just for glaring at her*...

'Emotional Roughing'

'Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs was flagged for emotionally roughing Patriots quarterback Tom Brady yesterday after a hit left the star quarterback feeling upset and unloved.

“I didn’t care for that! I didn’t care for that one bit!” snapped Brady, stomping his foot as he pulled himself up off the ground. Moments later, official Tom Winter threw a flag, penalizing Suggs and the Ravens for an infraction never before called in organized football.

“The new rules in place make our job very clear as officials,” said Winter, explaining his call. “We are to protect the quarterback, especially star quarterbacks, and especially this star quarterback...

Brady says Winter made the right call.

“I don’t think people understand how hard it is to be me. I’m coming back from a knee injury, my team is struggling, I have one child out of wedlock, another child on the way, very high-maintenance dogs to take care of, I’m expected to look stylish all the time and I have the stress of physically satisfying a woman millions of men around the world would love a shot at. And then when someone tackles me, well …” he said, tearing up. “It can be very, very hard, okay? It can be very hard on my psyche.”

Suggs said he had no intention of emotionally harming Brady, only sacking him and maybe creating a turnover...

(Link - Brady* Draws 'Emotionally Roughing' The Passer Penalty)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

That was brilliant. Now I can face Monday with a smile on my face.

Brady in shotgun, spread offense, quick passing game that the Pats have mastered would put a stop to that.

The only time I see Brady get really rattled is with elite defensive schemes. The Jets overloading or perhaps the Ravens. We are not there yet.

There was nothing "elite" about the Giants scheme when they up-ended the Pats undefeated season. Put Brady on his can = win.

Brady in shotgun, spread offense, quick passing game that the Pats have mastered would put a stop to that.

The only time I see Brady get really rattled is with elite defensive schemes. The Jets overloading or perhaps the Ravens. We are not there yet.

If our defense brngs an A+ game we have a shot at it.

All I want is a shot.

All I want is a shot.

It will take a lot more than that.

The offense, defense, and special teams need to bring their A+++ games with zero mistakes. And the Bills coaching staff, particularly Gailey, has to plan and execute the game plan of their lives. Then the Bills have a chance. Otherwise years of developing talent and better coaching rises to the top.

But, that's why they play the games. you never know.

All I want is a shot.

I think Billsguy said it best - 'we got 2 shots...just depends which way we point our gun!'

(Play well, score more points, don't let McKelvin field any returns, and we win - unless, of course, the refs say something like, "Just give it to them!")

With all due respect (sincerely PTR), we aren't beating the Patriots this year. There's a talent gap, a coaching gap and equally as important, there's a psychological edge. Even if we do stay competitive with them, rest assured they will keep their cool and we will flub it and the result will be a familiar one.

Granted, nothing is impossible but I can't make sense of predicting a win over New England, given the state of the two franchises.

Trent Edwards and the haplless 2009 Bills almost beat the patriots on opening day, if not for a seriously bad string of flubs near the end of the game. So my point is that this team is much better today than that 2009 squad, and the Pats are not nearly as good as their 2009 squad, so I don't think this is a foregone conclusion anymore.

I think Billsguy said it best - 'we got 2 shots...just depends which way we point our gun!'

(Play well, score more points, don't let McKelvin field any returns, and we win - unless, of course, the refs say something like, "Just give it to them!")

Ohhhh man....."Just give it to them".....bad memories..

If I remember correctly, that wound up costing us the division after ANOTHER bad call the next week on a Testaverde keeper gave the Jets a win in Seattle. Instead we got a road wildcard playoff game in Miami ending with the Flutie whiff inside the 5. The Jets went to the conf title game. AmI right or am I combining seasons?

With all due respect (sincerely PTR), we aren't beating the Patriots this year. There's a talent gap, a coaching gap and equally as important, there's a psychological edge. Even if we do stay competitive with them, rest assured they will keep their cool and we will flub it and the result will be a familiar one.

Granted, nothing is impossible but I can't make sense of predicting a win over New England, given the state of the two franchises.

Blah..Blah...Every year, we have come very close to beating them in the first game of the season only to falter due to stupid coaching mistakes like Jaurons 4th down call or stupidity by players such as McKelvin on fumbling the KR instead of taking a Knee. The second game of the season is of course a completely different matter!

We have a chance at beating *any* team. Anything can happen in a game.

But don't kid yourself, we don't have much of a better chance than we did last year.

Trent Edwards and the haplless 2009 Bills almost beat the patriots on opening day, if not for a seriously bad string of flubs near the end of the game. So my point is that this team is much better today than that 2009 squad, and the Pats are not nearly as good as their 2009 squad, so I don't think this is a foregone conclusion anymore.

That 2009 squad had a better record than our most current team put together.

I think our D is a lot closer to containing their O.

But look at their DL. Wood and one of the Gs will have to block Wilfork. The other G and one of the Ts will have to block Haynesworth. That leaves us one T and a TE or RB if they stay in to block.

Lets hope they dont blitz.

I think our D is a lot closer to containing their O.

But look at their DL. Wood and one of the Gs will have to block Wilfork. The other G and one of the Ts will have to block Haynesworth. That leaves us one T and a TE or RB if they stay in to block.

Lets hope they dont blitz.

I seem to recall the Miami Wildcat giving the Pats* problems.

PTR

Ohhhh man....."Just give it to them".....bad memories..

If I remember correctly, that wound up costing us the division after ANOTHER bad call the next week on a Testaverde keeper gave the Jets a win in Seattle. Instead we got a road wildcard playoff game in Miami ending with the Flutie whiff inside the 5. The Jets went to the conf title game. AmI right or am I combining seasons?

You got it right.

I was actually at Foxboro that night - 4 of us college buddies - 2 Pats fans, and 2 good guys. Like so many other Bills heart-breakers, we thought we had the game 'in the bag'. Even after that disgraceful call, we thought we'd be OK 'til that phantom interference call on Henry Jones. (Who the :censored: calls pass interference on a 'Hail Mary'?) Then, total disgust set in - was there anyone in the stadium besides Wade that didn't think they'd throw to Coates for the winning TD?

Biggest freakin' hose-job I ever saw by a supposed 'professional' officiating crew. (And folks still think some games aren't 'fixed'?)

Adding insult to injury, Wade took the team off the field for the Cheatriettes* PAT (supposedly 'in protest', but I think he was just too stupid and didn't realize the game wasn't over), allowing NE* kicker Adam Vinatieri to run in in for the 2-point conversion - which ended up being the difference between a 'push' and NE* beating the spread!

:cry:

Edited by The Senator

We're really in a no-win situation. The Patriots are a team in decline, and while it's been slight, and there will be no catastrophic drop-off, the team is coming back to the AFC pack. Dynasties are circular in shape. The time on top is brief, at most a decade in the NFL. You spend the rest of your time either declining to the bottom or progressing to the top. The Patriots have been at the top for a decade. They don't have much left in the tank.

So, if we win, I see the media narrative shaping up to read the Bills win is evidence of a Patriots decline more than evidence of an improving Bills team.

I think the Bills need to pull off victories over NE and NY before the media would take notice.

THIS is the attitude we need to change around here. Gailey has made a point of emphasizing that the team needs to believe they will win. And this forum needs to start Billieving we will win. I know, most of you need to be shown the baby. But I fully believe we will get that monkey off our backs this year though. And then maybe the rest of you that aren't on board will finally hop on this train.

Marcia* definitely doesn't like it rough...I still remember the 2006 game when she* saw London Fletcher and Chris Kelsay bearing down on her* on 3rd & 10 at the Bills own 20 and, seeing no open receivers, elected to just sit down on the turf and take a voluntary sack! (Unfortunately, freakin' Kelsay dove into her* anyway, giving NE* the automatic first down.)

The Bills will beat up on the Patsies* this season - twice - and *Marcia's gonna cry just looking up and seeing Williams, Dareus, and Merriman ready to thump her*. It might be the first time you see and NFL player penalized just for glaring at her*...

'Emotional Roughing'

'Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs was flagged for emotionally roughing Patriots quarterback Tom Brady yesterday after a hit left the star quarterback feeling upset and unloved.

“I didn’t care for that! I didn’t care for that one bit!” snapped Brady, stomping his foot as he pulled himself up off the ground. Moments later, official Tom Winter threw a flag, penalizing Suggs and the Ravens for an infraction never before called in organized football.

“The new rules in place make our job very clear as officials,” said Winter, explaining his call. “We are to protect the quarterback, especially star quarterbacks, and especially this star quarterback...

Brady says Winter made the right call.

“I don’t think people understand how hard it is to be me. I’m coming back from a knee injury, my team is struggling, I have one child out of wedlock, another child on the way, very high-maintenance dogs to take care of, I’m expected to look stylish all the time and I have the stress of physically satisfying a woman millions of men around the world would love a shot at. And then when someone tackles me, well …” he said, tearing up. “It can be very, very hard, okay? It can be very hard on my psyche.”

Suggs said he had no intention of emotionally harming Brady, only sacking him and maybe creating a turnover...

(Link - Brady* Draws 'Emotionally Roughing' The Passer Penalty)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

lmao!....In Bradys' defense though, that must be a lot of pressure, having such a hot wife.

Well we should just not even play the game since we don't have a chance!

Christ almighty

N. Suh and the Lions were in Brady's schitt and messed up his game good. Even in preseason they showed that a strong pass rush is the most effective defense against the Pats*. And now we have a front seven that might have what it takes to make Marcia cry.

PTR

Our pass rush is nowhere near as good as Detroit's even though we're much improved. Don't forget, that Detroit was 4th in the league in sacks last year.

To quote the timeless words of the incomparable Jim Mora, "You really don't know. You think you know, but you don't know, and you never will."