Fitzy's Clean Shaven Look

Should Fitzpatrick Keep the Clean Shaven Look?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should Fitzy Regrow the beard?

• No way, I like my QB's smooth as a cue ball
    • Hell Yes, How can we have the Amish Rifle with no beard?

I certainly hope so. Fitz plays 100% differently without all that face-cabbage. He has more confidence, better accuracy, and makes better decisions. The U.S. Army believes that shaving encourages discipline and conformity in the the military services. I personally think Fitz dumped a lot of baggage when he cut it off. All of that bad ju-ju from last season was just gone. He played lighter on his feet, and more in control. Of course beards aren't patently bad. Still, the presence of one can be accompanied by stubborness, pessimism, a sense of entititlement, and an overall "leave me alone" attitude -Not qualities found in successful QB's. I say, "why start off on the wrong foot?" LEAVE IT OFF. If the fans and the team can see a diference, it can't be dismissed as mere coincidence.

This :thumbsup: is better that this :ph34r:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I certainly hope so. Fitz plays 100% differently without all that face-cabbage. He has more confidence, better accuracy, and makes better decisions. The U.S. Army believes that shaving encourages discipline and conformity in the the military services. I personally think Fitz dumped a lot of baggage when he cut it off. All of that bad ju-ju from last season was just gone. He played lighter on his feet, and more in control. Of course beards aren't patently bad. Still, the presence of one can be accompanied by stubborness, pessimism, a sense of entititlement, and an overall "leave me alone" attitude -Not qualities found in successful QB's. I say, "why start off on the wrong foot?" LEAVE IT OFF. If the fans and the team can see a diference, it can't be dismissed as mere coincidence.

Beards have also been linked with the rise of gang activity and the spread of HIV. Hopefully this move will finally silence all the people who said Fitzs' beard made him look like a dummy.

They interviewed Fitz during the 2nd half on the sideline as part of the TV broadcast and he said he was starting the beard again as of that day and encouraged Bills fans to do the same.

Who is the last QB to win the superbowl with a beard? Even Rodgers was pretty much clean shaven last year.

We're going to the ship!

Who is the last QB to win the superbowl with a beard? Even Rodgers was pretty much clean shaven last year.

We're going to the ship!

Even Rodgers?? who the hell is that?

Dan Fouts had a beard... he was pretty good.

They interviewed Fitz during the 2nd half on the sideline as part of the TV broadcast and he said he was starting the beard again as of that day and encouraged Bills fans to do the same.

Wow. You'd think a professional athlete would explore every possible option to obtain an edge.

Who cares? You're trying to make Fitz out to be some clean cut all-american superstar qb like manning, brady and rivers. Fitz has his own swagger, doesn't try to be a pretty boy or conform to the "all american" qb look.

He's a workhorse, and has more heart than anyone I've seen in a long time. I could care less about his facial hair (or lack there of). His intangibles are what makes him such a loveable guy and a reason why he's a starter in the NFL.

Who cares? You're trying to make Fitz out to be some clean cut all-american superstar qb like manning, brady and rivers. Fitz has his own swagger, doesn't try to be a pretty boy or conform to the "all american" qb look.

He's a workhorse, and has more heart than anyone I've seen in a long time. I could care less about his facial hair (or lack there of). His intangibles are what makes him such a loveable guy and a reason why he's a starter in the NFL.

I cringe whenever I hear that. That usually implies that his "tangibles" are lacking.

If he was smart enough to get into Missouri he would be a better quarterback. Of course if he was that smart, he would probably have better things to do like cure cancer create world peace.

I cringe whenever I hear that. That usually implies that his "tangibles" are lacking.

He's a 7th round pick for a reason. He doesn't have the rocket arm, precise passing, or quick feet like first round picks do; but he has "football smarts" which cannot be measured. I am not trashing Fitz in any way at all. It's a compliment if anything.

The fact that he turned his 7th round draft stock into a starting qb in the NFL really says alot about his character

I just think he plays alot sharper sans-beard. Would you prefer a rebel without a win?

I just think he plays alot sharper sans-beard. Would you prefer a rebel without a win?

I don't care what he looks like. He has his own image which is fine with me.

He had one good (pre season) game without a beard. I have a feeling that performance and facial hair length aren't strongly correlated

Tell that to this guy.

http://vimeo.com/9609349

Edited by Jauronimo

Wow, didn't realize that. The only reason I grew a beard was to cover my double chin when I started to put weight on in my 30's!!!