Torbor to IR

bills44

No surprise, no big loss. Gotta figure Morrison will be at least a wash if not an upgrade. I just wonder why the Bills sometimes behave like a team that's trying to win (LB corps), and sometimes don't (OL, Evans trade)? If Demetrius Bell or Erik Pears went on IR a couple weeks ago, do you think the Bills would have signed Bryant McKinnie or Jared Gaither? If it happened today, would they sign Flozell Adams or another Morrison-esque veteran? I strongly doubt it. Both the head coach and the GM have publicly expressed concerns with the O-line, but the response has been only to shuffle around the existing players. That's puzzling. If the Bills treated the LB position the way they do the O-line, the response to Torbor's injury would've been the signing of an undrafted free agent or other young, inexperienced, unpromising player, and increased reps for the guys already on the team. Maybe moving Danny Batten back inside.

Torbor may have been the worst player on this team outside of the offensive line...This is good news. Morrison is good depth, our starters are solid.

I am fairly certain Jasper would beat Torbor in a foot race, even though he is double the size.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I hate having an injury force the Bills to make an obvious move the injury should not have had to happen for the Bills to make. Expect more O-linemen straight off the streets again this year after injuries start piling up again. "WE CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GUY WAS STILL AVAILABLE"!!!!! LOL!!!! :bag::doh::w00t::wallbash::censored::thumbdown:

If the O line was a bigger problem than our LBs were last year then I'd like to think the Bills would have addressed that first. But our LBs were our worst unit as a whole. Makes sense that they wanted to fix that and the D first.

It's not like we're one or two players away and Buddy/Chan aren't fooling themselves. Fix and stabilize the D first then go about the other facets of the rebuild. Makes sense.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

No surprise, no big loss. Gotta figure Morrison will be at least a wash if not an upgrade. I just wonder why the Bills sometimes behave like a team that's trying to win (LB corps), and sometimes don't (OL, Evans trade)? If Demetrius Bell or Erik Pears went on IR a couple weeks ago, do you think the Bills would have signed Bryant McKinnie or Jared Gaither? If it happened today, would they sign Flozell Adams or another Morrison-esque veteran? I strongly doubt it. Both the head coach and the GM have publicly expressed concerns with the O-line, but the response has been only to shuffle around the existing players. That's puzzling. If the Bills treated the LB position the way they do the O-line, the response to Torbor's injury would've been the signing of an undrafted free agent or other young, inexperienced, unpromising player, and increased reps for the guys already on the team. Maybe moving Danny Batten back inside.

They are not trying to win, they are trying to become mildly competitive for little money, and sell tickets and merch.

:thumbsup:

If the O line was a bigger problem than our LBs were last year then I'd like to think the Bills would have addressed that first. But our LBs were our worst unit as a whole. Makes sense that they wanted to fix that and the D first.

It's not like we're one or two players away and Buddy/Chan aren't fooling themselves. Fix and stabilize the D first then go about the other facets of the rebuild. Makes sense.

GO BILLS!!!

But why does it have to be all or nothing? Okay, so d-line and linebackers come before o-line. No problem. But what's stopping them from signing Morrison AND McKinnie (or Gaither, or Waters, or Starks, or whoever)? Why was Plan A to hope Bell becomes a stud and never gets hurt, and Plan B was to panic and move Levitre over? I just don't get it.

Torbor may have been the worst player on this team outside of the offensive line...This is good news. Morrison is good depth, our starters are solid.

I am fairly certain Jasper would beat Torbor in a foot race, even though he is double the size.

I largely agree with a modification or two.

Torbor may have been the worst player on this team outside of the offensive line...This is NOT TOO BAD team news. Morrison is OK depth, our starters are AVERAGE AT BEST.

:worthy:

except Levitre I think his recent "demotion" was only a wake up call.

Will he wake up with more talent? I hope so.

undisclosed injury is a bit odd way of telling folks we are shuffling him off from Buffalo.

But Morrison should be noticable help against run i hope

I think Chris Brown said that it's the same labrum that sidelined him last year.