Jags game blacked out

Being that State and Local tax dollars fund the stadium (and many others) I wonder if there is any legal grounds to have this blackout rule ruled illegal by the court system.

Its kinda like paying school property taxes every year, then the school charging your kids tuition too.

Edited by Thoner7

my family/friends bought 19 tickets...my cousin will be cheering at the game, or before it, or something like that...some junior jills thing for high school cheerleaders...she's a wayne eagles cheerleader...anyways, thats 19 tickets sold at least...all adults at $15/each...ticketmaster messed up and then gave us adult seats at kids prices..hehe

Show me a preseason game in this country that actually does sell out?

Thoner has the analogy perfect regarding the blackout rule. With almost every franchise being subsidized by local, state, and federal grants, the taxpaying fan at home is being shafted. In addition, it is widely regarded that the Rams left LA due to consistent blackouts and a ginormous stadium. The rest of the major sports don't have anywhere near as stingy of blackout policies. Hell even in England, Manchester United never have every seat accounted for and if BBC or ITV refused to show an ITV match the city of Manchester would look like London did a couple weeks ago.

The fact is blackouts hurt teams that are struggling more than anything else. It weakens them by alienating their fanbase. On top of that, blacking out preseason games is like arresting the guy who agrees to a date with a hot girl and walks away when her not so attractive sister takes her place halfway through the date.

I can't believe the NFL requires blackouts for preseason games. It's a terrible rule and needs to change, even if the league will blackout home games during the season.

agreed - that makes no sense at all - especially if you are trying to get some kind of excitement about a young team!

We got 6 tickets high up in a sideline lowerbowl section for $6 each off stubhub.

Anyone who buys the $15 kids tickets with the adults at full price is getting scammed by the Bills.

If everyone thought that lower level tickets at $15 is a scam, there would never be a sold out game. :devil:

Looks like were relocating.

Can't even sell out a preseason game, some marketing ploy to make us buy regular season tickets I'm sure

Ralph is cheap

This team is trying to lose

We Need Luck!

I think that covers it

This is not Ralphie's fault(I agree he's a cheap bastard!). It is an NFL rule which I really think they should toss for preseason!