Time for Easley to step up

SpecialK15

After watching some of the highlights from practice today on bb.com, it looks like Easley had some nice grabs. The guy is big and fast, I really hope he is developing into a legit WR as this is essentially his rookie year. I would love to see him make some plays against the Jags this weekend and bring some hope to this withering WR corps.

i enjoyed watching three passes bounce off his hands against denver. He ran well over the middle, a nice big target. It will be nice to see a guy run those underneath routes for once, who cares if he drops some, or 3 out of 5 every game, at least he runs the routes, not like Lee who would only run deep, burn the corner and catch it for just a touch down,big deal... I want underneath routes for 6-8 yards.

If easley pans out he'll be the first guy to do these routes and add this possession dimension since our last superstar that did this type of thing...Josh reed, or if hes really good at it he maybe he will be the next justin armour.

i enjoyed watching three passes bounce off his hands against denver. He ran well over the middle, a nice big target. It will be nice to see a guy run those underneath routes for once, who cares if he drops some, or 3 out of 5 every game, at least he runs the routes, not like Lee who would only run deep, burn the corner and catch it for just a touch down,big deal... I want underneath routes for 6-8 yards.

If easley pans out he'll be the first guy to do these routes and add this possession dimension since our last superstar that did this type of thing...Josh reed, or if hes really good at it he maybe he will be the next justin armour.

Are you serious? Easley can't carry Evans jockstrap

It would be nice but my first impressions aren't favorable. For a big receiver he seems to play small. And I was not encouraged by his alligator arms when he heard footsteps from the safety Saturday night.

I hope he turns it around. He's just getting his feet wet.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Easley has played a grand total of eight quarters of professional football. I think some time is warranted before declaring him to be anything. I also watched the highlights from yesterday's practice and it appeared the offense was making some nice completions down the field -- Easley was a part of that.

While it would be great for Easley to suddenly emerge as a reliable threat on gameday, I think we're going to have to give it time.

In the little I've seen from him, I am relatively unimpressed. Two bad drops and a relative lack of separation.

I actually thought that Kamar Aiken outplayed him, and may beat him out for a roster spot.

From what I've seen in games and practice Kamar Aiken is the #2 WR at least until Parrish is healthy.

Is that you Jauron?

Don't get me wrong I'd like to see Easley produce. He certainly has great measureables as others have already said. So far, he's been hurt more often than not. That's all I was pointing out. Hopefully his injuries are due to simple bad luck and he doesn't become another Shawn Nelson.

In the little I've seen from him, I am relatively unimpressed. Two bad drops and a relative lack of separation.

I actually thought that Kamar Aiken outplayed him, and may beat him out for a roster spot.

2 catches 45 yards. 22 yard average a catch. No separation? Come on dude. Yeah he had a couple drops. He had a couple catches too. The jury is out. But the guy is basically a rookie.

Aiken was impressive to me as well.

2 catches 45 yards. 22 yard average a catch. No separation? Come on dude. Yeah he had a couple drops. He had a couple catches too. The jury is out. But the guy is basically a rookie.

Aiken was impressive to me as well.

I didn't say "no separation", I said "a relative lack of separation". I didn't see him open very often. Now, admittedly, I only watched the last game vs. Denver, and only saw it once, and wasn't specifically looking for him on a play-by-play basis, so you may have noticed something I didn't.

All I'm saying is that I thought Aiken was a bit more impressive and would be ahead of him for a roster spot on my personal depth chart (which means absolutely nothing in the grander scheme).