At What Point Do Nix and Gailey Own This Team

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a "if the shoe fits" post. Like I said if your offened then you might be that dude im talkin bout. Im well aware of the stated of the Buffalo Bills franchise...Im pissed about the last 11 years like everybody else is. But it also pisses me off when I look to bills fans for intelligent Buffalo Bills dialogue and I get some of the dubmest comments and post i have ever seen not just regarding the team I love but the game of football. I was a fan of the game of football years before the Bills and its just rediculous what gets posted on here.

This was a "if the shoe fits" post. Like I said if your offened then you might be that dude im talkin bout. Im well aware of the stated of the Buffalo Bills franchise...Im pissed about the last 11 years like everybody else is. But it also pisses me off when I look to bills fans for intelligent Buffalo Bills dialogue and I get some of the dubmest comments and post i have ever seen not just regarding the team I love but the game of football. I was a fan of the game of football years before the Bills and its just rediculous what gets posted on here.

It's kind of ironic that you're looking for intelligent dialogue, yet you are unable to spell "ridiculous" correctly...

This is a joke, right?

It's kind of ironic that you're looking for intelligent dialogue, yet you are unable to spell "ridiculous" correctly...

Thats Funny probably coming from the guy voted most likely to work for NASA in high school...are victim of Jock on geek violence....Not a speller...but I can tell you this...I FORGOT more then you KNOW about the game of football. GTFOH (Tony Saprano Voice)

Im actually just coming back after a much need few days away from this site.

Seriously man if you just joined in July of this year and ALREADY needed a few days away from the site...you're not going to like it come week 3. You might want to cut the cord now.

Im actually just coming back after a much need few days away from this site. I may be off but my guess is that no more then 40% of the people who post on here has ever even played the game of football and 20% didnt play past 10th grade. They have no idea what goes on on the field or any idea of the politics that goes on off the field. Have no idea about how a coach thinks a player or a GM thinks. But everbody is effin expert on EVERY aspect of a game you have little to NO experience in. Everybody has a right to an opinion but DAMN! some of yall are just plain old ignorant.

So the next time your about to post some bulls*it on here...ask your self...what do I know? Do I really know (players name) to where I can call him a jerk, not a team player..etc. Does it really make sense to say since the people that are calling the shots are southerners that that is the reason why stuff isnt going right.(and im from NJ for those who think im being a homer). All I ask is for you to start thinking when you post...is that so much to ask? and if your offended then your probably the one posting half the BS on here.

I just needed to get that off my chest

You're a disgrace to all members who live in NJ. :thumbsup:

The sequel of the movie...

Like Walt Disney...Ralph freezes himself and appoints a series of 90+ year old look alikes--until the cure for being elderly is reached...

The movie will also include a series of running back and cornerback first round picks...undrafted free agent o-lineman and moderate female nudity to boost season tickets sales!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Yeah...this year is particualry rough as it feels like the patterns of the previous failed front offices are being repeated in extremely obvious ways.

In particular, the OL situation feels like a horrible movie we've been forced to watched multiple times over the last 11 failed seasons.

The movie starts...

Bills Front Office: "We've got to improve our offensive line as it is holding us back."

[Nothing is done to actually fix the OL in free agency or the draft]

Bills Front Office: "Fans and outsiders don't realize how good these young guys can be."

[bills OL looks AWFUL in training camp and throughout the begining of the preseason]

Bills Front Office: "These guys just need more time together and we are hoping they'll gel."

[bills OL appears to get even worse the last couple of preseason games]

Bills Front Office: "We're going to try moving some guys around and find the right fit...it's not ideal but we can make it work"

[bills OL is a disaster and cripples the Bills skill position players throughout regular season]

Bills Front Office: "THIS offseason the OL will be a top priorty."

....fade to black.

The Emmy Award Winning:

"Nightmare At One Bills Drive"

You're a disgrace to all members who live in NJ. :thumbsup:

I am also smart enough to pick my battles..this one I will not win.

Seriously man if you just joined in July of this year and ALREADY needed a few days away from the site...you're not going to like it come week 3. You might want to cut the cord now.

Your Right about that...

So you're not allowed to have an opinion unless you played? Or is it your opinion doesn't count as much unless you played?

Your opinion counts 40% if you've never played but 60% if you've played past the 10th grade. Not sure how much it counts if you played past Div. 1AA.

Hope that clears it up for you.

GO BILLS!!!

So you're not allowed to have an opinion unless you played? Or is it your opinion doesn't count as much unless you played?

for the record...Fitzbeardy...I actually look for your opinion in a lot of posts...because In my short time on here I have seen many good post come from you.......even gave props for your coverage during camp. Im not talking about everybody that is on here. and the people who are upset are the people that I was talking about.

There is an old saying " It's not rocket science" and everyone with any kind of football knowledge could see what this team weakness's were at the end of last season . But did this team really address them. Maybe on the defensive side of the ball to a certain extent in the draft. But the most important side to rebuilding a playoff team was completely ignored. Buddy Nix continuously ignores the the offensive line and brings in only garbage that the other teams around the league has thrown away. When is this BS. GOING TO STOP! I am not much of a person that really complains a whole lot about the team I loved for the past 40 years but I have seen enough. Come on Buddy get your head out of your ass and produce a team that all Bills fans can be proud of.

I may be off but my guess is that no more then 40% of the people who post on here has ever even played the game of football and 20% didnt play past 10th grade. They have no idea what goes on on the field or any idea of the politics that goes on off the field. Have no idea about how a coach thinks a player or a GM thinks.

so.....folks like Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick, both of whom never played a down in the NFL, should know nothing about 'professional' football. This, per your logic, makes sense considering they never played above a college level. In addition, we are all continuously reminded by players and media about what a 'giant' leap it is from the college game to the pros. Hence, it 'is' a different game.

Likewise, the genius of Dick Jauron, with all his glorious football experience, jammed Aaron Maybin down our throats.

Anybody can become a genius with God given ability and a lot of hard work. It isn't necessarily tied to a 'level' of participation. Observe; read; watch; have a passion for something. Do your homework etc. Granted, experience is a great teacher but it isn't the only one....and, yes, I played all the way to 12th grade. :blush:

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

I understand the frustration with the lack of investment in the OL, but they only had so many draft

choices and chose to spend them on defense. I agree with their approach, too. You can't hide weaknesses

on defense as easily as you can on offense. Opponents attack your defensive weaknesses and you

can't really disguise those. On offense, you can try to play to your strengths and cover your

weaknesses to some degree.

I want the Bills to dominate...and I thought this would happen by now!

I've been optimistic for this rebuilding project of 11 years, but feel a little under the weather since the last preseason game! Hopefully, this changes after this weekend.

I share your position. When it comes to football, and the things I like about football - it isn't just about winning and losing. I can stand losing if it means something, if it is a sacrifice made for a necessary reason. What really draws me to football is the belief that concepts (philosophy, strategy), when coupled with extreme determination, discipline, and the hard to define spirit, or heart, or Will - that when you have a system that is yours (like Lebeau's defense, or Bellicheck's defense, or Sean Payton's offense) and you go out and get the right guys, and they all buy into it, and work hard together - you want to see those teams win, because they mean something. It's more than just going out and passing and running. It is about doing it your way, and that is Identity.

There are many different kinds of Identity and there are always new ones. But, there are also teams that don't adhere to anything, and they're always changing to mimic the success of other teams, or maybe the team just doesn't want to invest in the right people, to trust in them, or pay them, or maybe the team just can't find a good leader - whatever, there are teams with solid Identities, and those with bad ones or none at all - I'd say Oakland has an Identity, and it is predictable, and unsuccessful. Well, these past years since the mid-nineties have been very bad for us Bills fans. No Identity, and that inconsistent, unsuccessful, disorganized nature of the team is beginning to look like it is rooted at the top, and that it might be the underlying constant.

I want to see a man with an idea, a vision, of what a football team should look like. Rex Ryan knew what he wanted the Jets to look like, and bang, after a year there, they represent him. Likewise, Sean Payton, or McCarthy in Green Bay, their teams embody their philosophies. What is ours?

When that philosophy does come into fruition, when the team is put together right, that is when you have the real dynasty teams, the teams that are capable of winning it all - and even if they don't go to the superbowl that year, they're in the mix for best team in the NFL while they are put together right. Dallas and the Bills in the early 90's. Denver when they finally won it. New England now. Those teams are so good - they don't go out and hope to win. They go out and dominate.

I don't want to see us luck into victories. I want to see us overpower, outsmart, want-it-more than other teams. That doesn't happen, though, unless the whole organization has dominating as its goal. If the ownership, or management believes it cannot compete, or if it believes it must handicap itself, then it will never get there. The message has to be, not that we can do it, but we will do it. From top to bottom. Look how Wilson's beliefs and approach to this team are seeping all the way down to the players, how they're losing faith in the very goals of the team - that winning is not even a real goal. That is sad.

All crap. McKinnie signed by the Ravens and we move a guy not producing at LG to LT and call it improvement. Sign a freakin' guard or tackle and lose these waiver wire failures we are playing. Don't - just don't try to tell me nobody out there, whether it's a FA or (gulp) a trade, wouldn't be an upgrade to what we have now. Don't insult this board with that crap.

Edited by Green Lightning