At What Point Do Nix and Gailey Own This Team

At some point I've played every position you can play on a D and didn't put the cleats away until I was approaching 40 yrs old; and there's still plenty of folks on this board who know more than I do. But I agree that there's also plenty of self-important fools who who do an awful lot of yapping about stuff they have no clue about.

My advice is stay patient and you will begin to recognize the posters who are worth talking to and the ones whose loud-mouth nonsense you can just skip over. When you reach that point, you'll recognize that there's not a better place on the 'net to talk with folks about the Bills. In the meantime, don't lord it over folks about how much you've played or how much you know, you'll just end up alienating the good guys as well as the bad ones.

Good luck.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All crap. McKinnie signed by the Ravens and we move a guy not producing at LG to LT and call it improvement. Sign a freakin' guard or tackle and lose these waiver wire failures we are playing. Don't - just don't try to tell me nobody out there, whether it's a FA or (gulp) a trade, wouldn't be an upgrade to what we have now. Don't insult this board with that crap.

Wouldn't mckinnie fall under the title of waiver wire failure? I mean only 1 team was interested.

Don't forget that free agents have a choice where they want to play. If you were an NFL player, would you rather play for the Ravens or the Bills?

Not certain that the Bills pursued McKinnie, but teams call agents all the time and are told that their player simply doesn't want to play for them.

Maybe it's the fact the Bills claim to have lost my season tickets in the mail and then printed me some crappy looking tickets instead of the nice ones season ticket holders should get. Maybe it's that I read an article hinting at the truth about Lee Evans, or I hear about Fred Jackson wanting to be traded and the Bills talking to 2 teams about such. Maybe its that not only did we not address the offensive line but then decided to bench hangartner and maybe Levitre? Potentially the fact that we looked awful Saturday? Sorry for the rant but even for the eternal optimists its getting hard. Rooting for a loser sucks and its hard to see us trying to win right now. Its very frustrating.... end of rant, anyone else can now continue.

I'm with you. I'm the eternal optimist when it comes to this team. Every year I think this is the year they turn it around. I was all in just a week ago. The Evans trade didn't bother me too much. I would have preferred they kept him for one more season. But to learn that possibly Overdorf pulled the trigger on that deal and not Nix -- well, that changes everything. I should know better than to think Ralph and his henchmen would actually let Nix run the football operation. After all these years, I'm the fool for believing. The way Freddy has been handled is just about the last straw for me. Oh, I'm sure I'll still watch -- when it's convenient, but I'm not expecting more than 5 or 6 wins. Maybe we need a billboard that says "Fire Littmann and Overdorf!" and draw some real attention to these !@#$s instead of merely picking on the Jaurons of the world (who did absolutely need to go).

:beer:

I understand the frustration with the lack of investment in the OL, but they only had so many draft

choices and chose to spend them on defense. I agree with their approach, too. You can't hide weaknesses

on defense as easily as you can on offense. Opponents attack your defensive weaknesses and you

can't really disguise those. On offense, you can try to play to your strengths and cover your

weaknesses to some degree.

Ok I think what you say is fair and respect what you are saying. But it does get very frustrating when the o-line is continually ignored the way it has been for years. All I want is the best from this team because I love it so much and my fellow fans deserve a whole lot better than we are getting. GO BILLS! and to every one who bleeds the red white and blue. :beer:

Again...no one else can be had, for love nor money, but the guys we have now. No trades can hppen and all the FA's other than Clabo suck. A good FA wouldn't fiddle while the team flamed out.

WHAT?

Don't forget that free agents have a choice where they want to play. If you were an NFL player, would you rather play for the Ravens or the Bills?

Not certain that the Bills pursued McKinnie, but teams call agents all the time and are told that their player simply doesn't want to play for them.

You wouldn't believe the calls the Bills get. Must be 30 QBs a day calling, and lineman ... B-)