Lee Evans playing well in Baltimore

Let me guess, 3 fly patterns?

Did he get near the ball in the middle of the field?

Aren't you the guy that vehemently defended the Maybin pick? I would suggest that you have zero credibility. You might want to lay low with your opinions for a while.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry John, but the problem in Buffalo was never Lee Evans. Say what you want about him being the stereotypical number one receiver, but a guy who puts up 70 or so yards in the first quarter of a preseason game a week after joining the team is ok in my book. Unfortunately we will all see what he does with a respectable QB, and a solid franchise like Baltimore. Call me a pessimist, but its tough to get excited about David Nelson, Namaan Roosevelt, and Donald Jones. Its actually borderline embarassing. Draft Lee Evans in your fantasy football leagues if your smart because this guy finally has broken away from our horrid franchise, and can finally show his true abilities. I am very sad to see him go. This team is not loaded with stars, and Lee has been one for us for several years.

I get sick and tired of people not calling Fitz a "respectable QB"

Fitz IS a respectable QB....he just isnt a pro bowl level QB.....he is a solid starter. Now if you want to say we dont have the OL to hold blocks enough for 7 step drops to utilize what Lee brings to a team then I am with you....but Fitz IS good at what he does

Aren't you the guy that vehemently defended the Maybin pick? I would suggest that you have zero credibility. You might want to lay low with your opinions for a while.

Uh...that would be a big fat NO. Nice try though, thanks for playing though. Considering some of the absurd crap you throw up here it is quite entertaining to see you call me out.

I wish Lee the best, I hope he does well in Baltimore but I still believe he was a very one dimensional WR and doesn't fit our offense well.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

Lee Evans had a good first showing in Baltimore. He's a talented player. I don't think anyone disputes that. Just like it can't be disputed that he wasn't an efficent player for the Bills the past several seasons, and was playing second fiddle to TO and now Stevie Johnson, who are both better route runners than Evans . Evans said it himself the kind of qb Flacco is, is a lot like Bledsoe, so he'll get the ball down the field, where Evans can get after it, while Boldin works the over the middle stuff. Infact a lot like the Bills Evans 1st year with Eric Moulds. Wouldn't be shocked to see Evans put up close to 1000 yards and 7-9 tds. I also won't be surprised when Stevie continues to be the better all around receiver.

Im sorry John, but the problem in Buffalo was never Lee Evans. Say what you want about him being the stereotypical number one receiver, but a guy who puts up 70 or so yards in the first quarter of a preseason game a week after joining the team is ok in my book. Unfortunately we will all see what he does with a respectable QB, and a solid franchise like Baltimore. Call me a pessimist, but its tough to get excited about David Nelson, Namaan Roosevelt, and Donald Jones. Its actually borderline embarassing. Draft Lee Evans in your fantasy football leagues if your smart because this guy finally has broken away from our horrid franchise, and can finally show his true abilities. I am very sad to see him go. This team is not loaded with stars, and Lee has been one for us for several years.

I am a big Lee Evans fan...but calling him a star in the league is a little joke, when he has not been even the top-10 WR in the past 3-4 seasons...There is a bit of everything in the failure of Lee Evans to elevate his game...bad coaching, bad QB, no support WRs etc......but you have to include Lee's inability to go over the middle or make the short passes and convert them to large gains.... There as a reason Don Beebe was always the #3, or #4 WR on the Bills team....Lee Evans is just another Don Beebe. You just don't disappear in 15 of 16 games in a season and Lee did that even when your QB was throwing for 3000 yards in 13 games.

I hope Lee will post better numbers with Flacco as his QB and a solid OL and will also make it to the playoffs, the first time in his career. It would have been just unfair for him to have been stuck without a playoff for another year...something that frustrated a Schoebel so much that he retired from the game. In many sense, the Bills did a favor for one of their favorite players and did right by him.

Uh...that would be a big fat NO. Nice try though, thanks for playing though. Considering some of the absurd crap you throw up here it is quite entertaining to see you call me out.

I wish Lee the best, I hope he does well in Baltimore but I still believe he was a very one dimensional WR and doesn't fit our offense well.

So this,

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/87896-round-1-pick-11-aaron-maybin-de-penn-state/page__view__findpost__p__1403809

wasn't you??? :unsure:

Have always enjoyed watching Lee. Always thought he was underrated, of course, Buffalo hasn't had a great QB since Jim Kelly. What kind of numbers will he be able to post with Flacco? Hard to say, they have such a strong running game in Baltimore.

that sounds like the typical lee evans game from last season....2 or 3 catches for about 60 yards....including a 30 or 40 yarder. decent, but nothing to write home about.

wish him the best of luck in baltimore becuase he is a class act and plays his heart out, but it was time for him to move on.

right....except he will be doing that in the playoffs while this crap heap of a team will be out of the show

i'm sick of hearing this ****. our offense sucks. if lee evans doesn't fit your offense, but 4 URFAs do, you change your offense.

Ok...

Saw the 3 passes. First was a 5 yard slant towards the middle of the field, wouldn't exactly call it going across the middle, but it was a good route, picked up the first down. Second was an out route. Lee went and got this ball, it was a really good catch. Managed to get both feet in. Third was a fade route, perfectly thrown, classic Lee.

Now, granted the second 2 catches were against the KC second/third team defense. And lastly...... it is preseason. This could all mean a whole lot of nothing...

Lee Evans having a good game for the Ravens tonight. Had a deep ball for 43 yards.

3 catches for 68 yards.

Buddy should inquire about Evans to jump start the offense. Maybe they would take a 4th.

You schmuck, Evans only played 1/4 of the game tonight at most and put up these numbers

i'm sick of hearing this ****. our offense sucks. if lee evans doesn't fit your offense, but 4 URFAs do, you change your offense.

And I'm sick of folks homering the guy just for continuity's sake. If your opinion/handle sucks, you don't change your message board preference, you change your ****ty avatar.

You schmuck, Evans only played 1/4 of the game tonight at most and put up these numbers

Wow. Suddenly preseason is the precise roadmap of things to come. Never the case when Buffalo plays though, is it?

I'm not even considering Evans having a good year in Baltimore. He will average his usual 3 or 4 catches for 50-70 yards a game, with a td here and there. he'll have one or two (At the most) big games where he goes over 100 yards, just like last season, but it will not be worthy of a #1 wr. not even close. history likes to repeat itself and will do so again this season...

Lee is gonna toast a few cbs for TDs this season. I'd guess he'll break 10 tds. I say so because...

1) the Ravens have a solid and consitent running game with Ray Rice... so play action is a huge factor for Evans.

2) Anquan Bolden opposite Evans. Who ya gonna double? Choose your poison.

3) They've got an established QB, only in his 3rd season and getting better, and has the arm strength to air out down field 70 plus yards... something that Evans hasn't had since JP Losman when he had his 10 TD season. CBs may be able to run with Lee for 40 yds, but after that he's gone and a QB with a gun only has to throw it out there far enough for Lee to run under it. It only helps that Cam Cameron is the OC.

If you go back to 2009 you'd be shocked to see some of the **** that I've put out there. MiS made a comment after the draft and he was far from alone. Would you like me to search through your posting history for a single comment that might not look great today? Ease up.

I'm not sure what your point is. The OP said he had a good game. Are you disputing that?