Should be an interesting 1st quarter in Denver

eball

Saw on ESPN last night that two of Denver's projected starters on the D-line are out indefinitely (Warren and Thomas). Perhaps this is a nice opportunity for the 1st-string offense to feel good about themselves.

Silly Bronocs... Picking an OLB over a DT. Rules of building a defense 101: all things being equal, you NEVER pass up the athletic big man, in favor of any other position on defense. Athletic big men who are strong and powerful, are perhaps the most difficult to find.

Ha, and we somehow ended up with two of those: Dareus/Jasper.

Jasper is super athletic, strong, and powerful, unfortunately he's raw as an onion. He lacks technique, experience, and the instincts of playing DT. He may already possess the instincts to play the position, but his skill and technique in beating an OL will take some time. Hope he makes it.

Edited by JayBaller10

Silly Bronocs... Picking an OLB over a DT. Rules of building a defense 101: all things being equal, you NEVER pass up the athletic big man, in favor of any other position on defense. Athletic big men who are strong and powerful, are perhaps the most difficult to find.

THANK CORNELLUS BENNETT FOR THAT ONE ,,when he got here on his first three downsin ther nfl against denver he flattening elway so bad he told him to get some more help to stop him,,ELWAY never forgot I think.lol :thumbsup:

THANK CORNELLUS BENNETT FOR THAT ONE ,,when he got here on his first three downsin ther nfl against denver he flattening elway so bad he told him to get some more help to stop him,,ELWAY never forgot I think.lol :thumbsup:

I also heard Elway mention how Derrick Thomas used to pose such a huge threat. He wanted someone in that mold who could get after the QB like DT. If the Broncos already had a DL that was able to stop the rush, Von Miller would make much more sense in that situation. Just run, run, run on the Broncos and Von Miller becomes an afterthought. Wrong call Elway.

I'm most interested in seeing how our defense plays. Our first couple defensive series were good, but then we got run on like usual with all but two of our starters in. I want to see better run D!

Yup, this is the elephant in the room. As much as I was impressed with our front 7 - subbing for just two starters and we got slapped around again. I'd like to think it wasn't physical, but some over pursuit mistakes, but we'll see, I'm sure Denver saw the tape as well.

I'm going to the game and am planning on making a 'thank you Broncos for taking Von Miller' sign. I'll probably be too lazy to actually make the sign, but if anyone's going, I'll be the one in the L.Smith #46 jersey. Say what's up.

P.S. $500 for a Metzelaars jersey if you know where I can score one.

It will be interesting to see who plays where on our O-line. I like many of the changes this off season but the o-line situation seems like a cluster#*%$. It least it not as bad as last year.

So wait, Cornelius Bennett sacked John Elway 3 times and then told him he needs more protection? Or is this just inferred?

No. In Biscuit's first game as a Bill he came into the game sometime in the first quarter - IIRC, he did not start.

He lined up on the left side and Elway ignored him. Bennet made him run for his life on two plays and I believe he sacked him on the third play.

It was not a MNF game. It was on Nov. 8, 1987. Bruce, Smerlas and Bennet each had a sack in that game.

Probably wrong on some of that, but definitely he did not sack JE three times on his first three snaps in the NFL.

He had seven sacks his entire rookie year.

Linky thingy.