Levi Brown

Wow, Thigpen's had something like seven days of practice with this squad and people want to toss him in the scrap heap.

No, I think Thigpen will do fine. I just want to see what Levi can do with at least a few starters.

Thank you, Ghost. Yes Thiggy's played in this offense before but these receivers are all strangers to him. You have to have time to familiarize yourself with your teammates… these are not electronic components that you're swapping out for God's sake.

I really hope this is sarcasm.

I've stated several times that I liked the way Levi Brown looked in the final preseason game against Detroit last year.

But he was horrible yesterday. His interception was very disheartening (as in, "have you learned NOTHING in the last year?) as he stared down his receiver with zero pass rush in his face. In spite of this gaping throwing alley he failed to see the defender who stepped in front of his pass.

And then his "I have zero football instincts so I have to take guidance from the sidelines in a two-minute situation" deer in the headlights performance on the Bills last drive.

At the front end of the drive he was dinking and dunking for time-consuming, miniscule-gain passes. Spending 18 seconds for 3 yards is not a good trade-off and an NFL QB shouldn't need to be told this.

He should have been throwing downfield because even an incomplete pass stops the clock. Also he could have spiked the ball to stop the clock. He didn't.

Then when spiking the ball was no longer an option, he spiked it as time ran out instead of heaving it to the end zone… yes, the clock ran out as he was spiking the ball… when he should have thrown a hail mary.

Levi's play was a big disappointment and he should be on very thin ice at this point.

We obviously weren't watching the same game. Levi was running for his life on nearly every play. He couldn't even complete a three step drop without having a defender in his face. I wouldn't say start Levi over Tyler, but for god's sake, give the guy someting to work with.

I really like Levi, but he gets lazy at times. I know he was getting absolutely no time from his Oline, but he didn't maintain his mechanics at all on a few throws where he shouldn't have been as bad as he was. That late interception would be inexcusable if it were a real game. Very sloppy.

If you are trying to get rid of the ball before you can complete a three step drop because otherwise you are going to get creamed, how in the hell are you supposed to have good mechanics?

This is Levi's second season with the Bill's and he has had time to get used to the receivers but he isn't being given at least a credible OL to work with. I think Tyler will likely beat him but Levi deserves at least a plausible shot to see where he stands.

Edited by Rockinon

Levi looked very Trent Edwards-ish to me. Even in hurry up time, he would take the safe outlet and not look downfield. I do realize he's basically a 1st year guy though and he doesn't want to screw up. He'd probably rather make the safe play than mess up. So far he has not distinguished himself to me as anything more than 3rd string-camp fodder.

Thigpen on the other hand looks to be the opposite. He seems to sling it downfield into double coverage without hesitation...which can be a problem. I watched his one start last year at Miami and this preseason game and he looked irresponsible in both games and a bit panic-y. Maybe that one year in KC, he took some chances and just hit a bunch of home runs. Now the book it out and he's striking out. We'll see. Let's just hope Fitz stays healthy and doesn't get hit too much.

If you are trying to get rid of the ball before you can complete a three step drop because otherwise you are going to get creamed, how in the hell are you supposed to have good mechanics?

This is Levi's second season with the Bill's and he has had time to get used to the receivers but he isn't being given at least a credible OL to work with. I think Tyler will likely beat him but Levi deserves at least a plausible shot to see where he stands.

I hear ya, but he got a fair bit of playing time against the bears and I thought he looked pretty sloppy overall. Making a risky pass into coverage is one thing...but an inexperienced QB making throws off his back foot and/or forcing off-balance throws is another. He just can't afford to do that. He was under fire quite a bit obviously, but there were plenty of other times when he just didn't look like an NFL QB to me. I would love to see him get it together, though, cause I like the kid.

I cant believe im going to say this after last years debacle, but...

I would like to see Levi follow Fitz in one of the next 2 games

I was not impressed by Thigpen at all last night

Levi has a hell of an arm, but had no time to do anything behind whomever was in front of him, and the recievers he had didn't help him at all. I know he looked pitiful last year, but I haven't heard a word about his progress, or lack there of since.

Has anybody seen him in camp, or have any input that might knock the stupid inclination I have that he may have improved enough to be considered a at #2

:ph34r:

Agreed. So Far Thigpen belongs on the cutting block until proven otherwise. Not really at all impressed by any QB play. It's only game 1 of PRESEASON, so I won't freak out yet...

Levi looked very Trent Edwards-ish to me. Even in hurry up time, he would take the safe outlet and not look downfield. I do realize he's basically a 1st year guy though and he doesn't want to screw up. He'd probably rather make the safe play than mess up. So far he has not distinguished himself to me as anything more than 3rd string-camp fodder.

Thigpen on the other hand looks to be the opposite. He seems to sling it downfield into double coverage without hesitation...which can be a problem. I watched his one start last year at Miami and this preseason game and he looked irresponsible in both games and a bit panic-y. Maybe that one year in KC, he took some chances and just hit a bunch of home runs. Now the book it out and he's striking out. We'll see. Let's just hope Fitz stays healthy and doesn't get hit too much.

Yup, that was an embarrasing two minute drill.

He looked like Levi Edwards the other night. Especially on the final drive. Throwing 5 yards a pop when we need to drive the whole field and score a td. Looked like he was trying to pad his completion %. The pick he threw was dreadful. Can you stare down a WR longer? He's a scrub. If he makes the roster I'll be stunned.

This is about as dumb as the start Brohm posts from 2010. Levi Brown has no chance of making the team unless someone gets a season ending injury.

There are actually folks that thought Brohm should start??? :w00t:

Now Levi Brown, OTOH... :bag:

"He is the most popular guy in town, beloved and flawless, a magic pill who could solve everything if only the coach would just come to his senses..."

(Link - The Life of the Backup Quarterback)

Edited by The Senator

This is about as dumb as the start Brohm posts from 2010. Levi Brown has no chance of making the team unless someone gets a season ending injury.

Thread wise, this is about the most realistic post. Levi was brutal Saturday. The OL didn't make him make the poor choice on the pick and the two minute drill could well be one of the worst recorded. It's early, but he has a huge uphill battle to make this team.