The gailey bandwagon

There is alot of coach bashing going on and I am wondering why

I know George Edwards had a bad year, but so does gailey and nix, that's why they hired wannstedt

But regardless of him, our players have to make plays and helping them are some of the best position coaches in the league.

With the wanstache, catavolas, sanders, Dehaven (I know he is a coordinator), and hixon I Billieve this regime will be winners and we can all

get back to bashing Brady.

I know George Edwards had a bad year, but so does gailey and nix, that's why they hired wannstedt

But regardless of him, our players have to make plays and helping them are some of the best position coaches in the league.

With the wanstache, catavolas, sanders, Dehaven (I know he is a coordinator), and hixon I Billieve this regime will be winners and we can all

I think when we see a guy like Mike Nolan take a defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and turn it around in one year, we see what a good coach can do.

We saw what Gaily did with similar pieces that Jauron had...except he did something with them. In the words of Jim Mora Sr., "Edwards didn't do diddly-poo."

I'm supporting Gailey 100%. However I won't start singing his praises and say he's a great or even good coach, until I see some wins. 4-12 ain't gonna cut it. He's gotta get more than DJ ever did before I say he is a better coach than DJ, or Mike Mularkey for that matter.

Coming from the Tampa 2. It was a difficult year watching Buffalo try and run the 3-4. I guess we expect miracles. We didn't have the right players to play that scheme. We were too small in certain positions and we looked confused. With a extra year and adding the right players who can play 3-4 such as Barnett, Merriman (both if healthy)and Dareus. This can only help this transition even more. Coach Edwards is definately under pressure but with Wannstedt in to guide him in the right direction. I think we can definately improve a lot over last year.

I here ya but am still not a big Edwards fan, Really wish we would have brought in Rob Ryan as he would have really turned up the amps of our D and the press conferences during Jets week would have been legendary.

I predicted pretty early on that we'd end up going with edwards as a DC. I think people really need to give the guy a little break. He's here to turn a VERY small and undersized tampa 2 4-3 into a pittsburgh style 3-4? This isn't mike nolan with some actual pieces in place. This is a much different transition. With the pieces in place you will notice a difference this year. Also - everyone gets hung up on the Stache being a 4-3 guy. Listen, scheme is one part of defense but tackling, hitting, shedding blockers, its all the same. He will make them better in this area and contribute with some scheme stuff for our hybrid moments.

George Edwards is a very good coach. Anyone asked to run the defense of the premiere SEC team (at the time UF was), it's a pretty dang high honor. give it more than 16 games.

I predicted pretty early on that we'd end up going with edwards as a DC. I think people really need to give the guy a little break. He's here to turn a VERY small and undersized tampa 2 4-3 into a pittsburgh style 3-4? This isn't mike nolan with some actual pieces in place. This is a much different transition. With the pieces in place you will notice a difference this year. Also - everyone gets hung up on the Stache being a 4-3 guy. Listen, scheme is one part of defense but tackling, hitting, shedding blockers, its all the same. He will make them better in this area and contribute with some scheme stuff for our hybrid moments.

George Edwards is a very good coach. Anyone asked to run the defense of the premiere SEC team (at the time UF was), it's a pretty dang high honor. give it more than 16 games.

This sort of reasoned and rational analysis is not welcome in these parts. Please turn in your Stadium Wall membership badge at the door.

I'll jump on the Gailey bandwagon when he gives a sliver of hope that it is deserving. He has done nothing but lose, so until then I will watch the bandwagon go by and hope for better days.

You are, of course, ignoring his only 2 previous years of NFL head coaching experience, in which he went 2-for-2 in taking his team to the playoffs.

So, to state things more accurately, except for 2 of his 3 years, he's done nothing but lose.

Just thought that I'd do a little house-cleaning there...not that I think you'd take any opportunity to bash the team or anything...

This sort of reasoned and rational analysis is not welcome in these parts. Please turn in your Stadium Wall membership badge at the door.

:lol:

Aww, come on.. We have to deal with other 'fringe' posters here. Might as well be well rounded..

Thanks for the chuckle.

George Edwards has had a bad CAREER. He has done nothing but fail every where he has been, which is why I almost threw up when the Bills signed him. I credit Nix for realizing this right away and bringing in wanndstedt, my only hope is that he replaces him completely.

As far as Gailey goes, he was the first coach since Gilbride that was able to squeeze any life out of our offense. Compared to Mularkey and Jauron at HC before him he looks like a coaching god to Bills fans. Whether his ability to add a spark to the offense translates into a competitive team is still far from certain. At the very least he has made the team watchable.

Nix had a poor first year drafting, but I he has really impressed me since. Again, maybe it's just because the Bills haven't even had a legitimate GM for almost 10 years before him (and that one was awful(Donahoe))...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I'll jump on the Gailey bandwagon when he gives a sliver of hope that it is deserving. He has done nothing but lose, so until then I will watch the bandwagon go by and hope for better days.

Jesus, you are the king of hyperbole, aren't you? There are no "slivers of hope" at ALL? Really?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Ralph is cheap.

Jesus, you are the king of hyperbole, aren't you? There are no "slivers of hope" at ALL? Really?

Like BillsFreak, it does concern me that Gailey hasn't really shown solid success anywhere he has been, but I am looking at the positives (rare occasion). He is at least better than Mularkey or Jauron lol. In reality though, at the very least he makes the team entertaining.

Ralph IS cheap

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Don't forget he's old too!

And we will never win until he's dead, so let's hope for a miracle and let Ralph die.

You are, of course, ignoring his only 2 previous years of NFL head coaching experience, in which he went 2-for-2 in taking his team to the playoffs.

So, to state things more accurately, except for 2 of his 3 years, he's done nothing but lose.

Just thought that I'd do a little house-cleaning there...not that I think you'd take any opportunity to bash the team or anything...

I know, brilliant coaching taking a team with Irvin, Aikman deion woodson and Emmitt to the playoffs. they were only 8-8 in 99 too. he was 18-14 there.

I get your point, but lets not pretend it was coaching genius. His roster was significantly better than the one he has now.

I like him personally, I like his style, I share some of his opinions...

But the team got worse last year under his direction. Unless our record improves this year or next, I'll want to see another guy in here.

And yes, I know its not all the coach's fault... but its obvious we are never going to spend the money on the players we need, so we need a coach that can somehow put our "bad news Bills" together for success.

You know what Chan the Man brings to the table along with Nix is stability and knowledge. DJ failed because he never had a very good offensive coordinator, and for some reason he was able to get draft picks screwed up. What the new management brings is a willing to look at the picture and see what needs improving; defensively or offensively, it doesn't matter. Last year they looked at what they had an did the best they could. Trent Edwards in my eyes became lost when he took that hit in AZ. Before that the Bills offense was doing some things. (stats back that up). Chan tried bringing him back and simply couldn't so they cut all losses and moved on. This showed me that Chan will work with a player as long as the player puts in the effort, and can improve. He will give any one a shot, but if the job is not going to get done then he cuts his losses. Great for a manger to see what he has, and is not scared to show he will pull the trigger. Chan seen first hand how bad the defense was and this year made the picks to improve it. I feel as if the defense will improve greatly by the people they have, and plus with DW helping out George. I also feel George was in over his head, but Chan wants to mold him up to be a great coach. Chan most likely new DW would leave Pitt (politics all the way) and they would team up again. DW will help get the best out of players and give Edwards the credit of making this d much improved like a good manager should do. Pass the credit on. I like what Chan is doing and really seeing us being much better than most feel. I can easily see us going 8-8 this year, and if we pull off a few upsets and getting more confident who knows.

I think Chan Gailey is a good coach and I've liked the hire since day one.

While the national media didn't care for it, I thought it was a rather inspired coaching decision by the Bills. I was expecting the long time coordinator, first time coach hire again.

I knew the change from the Tampa 2 to a 3-4 was going to be difficult. I knew having Trent Edwards as your starting QB wasn't going to be successful. I knew not having successful drafts gives a team very little in talented personnel.

Those things have changed for the better, and I expect it will be seen in the win column this year.

Yes his defense was abysmal, but on offense, I thought he did very well with what he had. So I wouldn't say he did "nothing but lose."