TBD Negativity

I check TBD multiple times a day to get my updates. This board is so negative. We ALL know the Bills have been a HUGE dissapointment for years. Yet we come to the board daily (and then some!) I dpont expect everyone to drink the Kool Aid 24/7, BUT if we cant be optomistic in July/August than F'it! Lets Go Buffalo. The Bills Make Me Want To Shout! I LOVE the way we look right now (right now).

Yeah Im off tomorrow...been partyin...

People are depressed. Life is hard. They have a crummy boss. They aren't paid well enough despite being invaluable to their company1 They want a football team to cure their depression. The Bills aren't able to do that and this makes people very negative about them.

I check TBD multiple times a day to get my updates. This board is so negative. We ALL know the Bills have been a HUGE dissapointment for years. Yet we come to the board daily (and then some!) I dpont expect everyone to drink the Kool Aid 24/7, BUT if we cant be optomistic in July/August than F'it! Lets Go Buffalo. The Bills Make Me Want To Shout! I LOVE the way we look right now (right now).

The atmosphere on this board goes along with the success of the Bills for the most part. The team has been a pathetic mess for about 12 years now, so it doesn't really matter if it is August or September or December. If they start winning again someday, like in the early 90's (I am not holding my breath, I don't look good in purple), the majority of the negativity will cease to exist. Every year that they extend their league leading playoff-less streak, there is less and less optimism. Don't blame the people on this board, it is human nature, blame the owner and the fact that according to the Buffalo news is "embarassingly cheap."

IThis board is so negative. We ALL know the Bills have been a HUGE dissapointment for years.

Laughingstock is more appropriate. That being the case, the people who can look at the stupidity of the franchise and laugh are the better for it. You literally could run a montage of me laughing my asss off as the Bills are getting embarrassed by their own doing. It's just a game. If the product sucks, then why deny it or get bent? It's entertainment not life or death.

The notion that those who bash on Ralph or decisions like extending Kelsay, drafting Maybin etc.. do so because their life stinks and there only hope for enjoyment is Bills football........that's absurd.

If your life revolves around Bills football and you are a Bills fan the last 11 years the only way you could bear it would be to go into a state of denial. Some people think they are being superior because they support the decision makers at OBD until those decision makers themselves admit they have made a mistake.......they are the ones who are cut to the bone when the 5-11 talent assembled on the field fails to make it to the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, there are casual fans who have no problem being upbeat about the 11 years of losing, but those people aren't here. They do not follow the Bills on a daily basis.

Edited by Beerball

The notion that those who bash on Ralph or decisions like extending Kelsay, drafting Maybin etc.. do so because their life stinks and there only hope for enjoyment is Bills football........that's absurd.

If your life revolves around Bills football and you are a Bills fan the last 11 years the only way you could bear it would be to go into a state of denial.

This would be a description of depression.

What moves are done by the brass are done by the brass. When they are done they are done. It does of course suck seeing the Bills suck for many years now. I just wish at times when they have an opportunity to get a game changing player they would. Until then all I can do is root for whomever they get and try to do my best to "Lead the Charge".

The problem I have with the negativity of the board is the fact that it is directed towards posters in the know. Tim Graham was lambasted for his reporting during the Bills coaching search. After Gailey was hired he posted a blog about Marty Schottenheimer wanting the Bills HC job. The attacks on him lead him to say this isn't worth the hassle. Yes I know that he is a reporter and should be able to handle criticism but he endured some vicious comments about him for his reporting. As a result the board also lost Lori Chase whose insight into the Bills and football is unmatched. Look at the comments that were directed towards NEVER GIVE UP with his predictions of Buddy Nix as the GM and Chan Gailey as the coach. At least he is still around.

It's just a guess but probably the people who whine the most, lack satisfaction in their own personal lives. I got a great life and would rather delude myself about the Bills being playoff contenders in August than female dog about it. Fact is, this country is jsut getting filled with a bunch of complainers who nothing to solve problems except B word about them.

Anyways, I'm off to make racist comments on a CNN comment section. :pirate:

The thing that bewilders me is how much time people spend on this board complaining about other peoples perspectives. Some people have a very pessimistic view of the Bills current situation (some call that nagativism) while others have a very optimistic view (some people call that Overly Optimistic). And then there are those who fall in between. Some people bash every move the Bills make, some call every move the final piece of the SuperBowl puzzle. That difference of perspective and opinion is what makes the board interesting. If every single poster agreed, the board would be pointless. I enjoy reading the different opinions. If people are being overly negative or just being jerks, I ignore the posts. If I disagree, I post my disagreement. Thats what the board is for.

Stop worrying that everyone on the board does not share your opinion and enjoy the diversity of perspectives.

The thing that bewilders me is how much time people spend on this board complaining about other peoples perspectives. Some people have a very pessimistic view of the Bills current situation (some call that nagativism) while others have a very optimistic view (some people call that Overly Optimistic). And then there are those who fall in between. Some people bash every move the Bills make, some call every move the final piece of the SuperBowl puzzle. That difference of perspective and opinion is what makes the board interesting. If every single poster agreed, the board would be pointless. I enjoy reading the different opinions. If people are being overly negative or just being jerks, I ignore the posts. If I disagree, I post my disagreement. Thats what the board is for.

Stop worrying that everyone on the board does not share your opinion and enjoy the diversity of perspectives.

Good job

You think TBD is negative now? Just wait until after the Bills first preseason game.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

It's just a guess but probably the people who whine the most, lack satisfaction in their own personal lives. I got a great life and would rather delude myself about the Bills being playoff contenders in August than female dog about it. Fact is, this country is jsut getting filled with a bunch of complainers who nothing to solve problems except B word about them.

Anyways, I'm off to make racist comments on a CNN comment section. :pirate:

I laughed pretty hard at that. Clearly you know how to really appreciate life's simple pleasures.